Mimi and "Not a Youtuber" Alex Ikonn - Part 2

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Mimi and "Not a Youtuber" Alex Ikonn - Part 2

Post by rai1234 »

-Tara- wrote:I guess I just haven't watched enough of her videos then. I've only watched a handful over the last year or two. I do remember her saying somerhere that Alex doesn't complain ever but she complains sometimes and it's because of her culture / upbringing. but like it said I don't connect with her so I rarely click on her videos.
Just wondering, Why are you guys watching all her videos when you aren't a fan? i mean If she has all the faults you all mentioned, why waste your time and put money in her pocket by watching her content?
I watched hers and Leyla's videos since Luxy hair days, and liked their travel vlogs (they're aesthetically pleasing). Sometimes Mimi would make off-handed ignorant comments but I usually looked past those. It wasn't until she got pregnant and gave birth that I've become increasingly irritated by her. She and Alex suddenly got so preachy about their lifestyle, diet (not eating meat), relationships (her poorly written book), not acknowledging horrific events happening around the world, parenting, etc. The final straw for a lot of people was her labor and delivery video that was plagued with dangerous misinformation. I still watch occasionally to see if they changed their ways (they haven't). Also, AdBlock :tu:

amani
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by amani »

-Tara- wrote:I guess I just haven't watched enough of her videos then. I've only watched a handful over the last year or two. I do remember her saying somerhere that Alex doesn't complain ever but she complains sometimes and it's because of her culture / upbringing. but like it said I don't connect with her so I rarely click on her videos.
Just wondering, Why are you guys watching all her videos when you aren't a fan? i mean If she has all the faults you all mentioned, why waste your time and put money in her pocket by watching her content?
I actually stopped watching after the birth of their daughter and that the birth video the made. I think that just really rubbed me the wrong way. I do follow her on insta because she posts videos of her kid on insta stories where the kid barely has any toys. I'm curious to see how that will affect the child as it grows older. I think I unsubscribed from Alex a while ago because he is just so bizarre and weird. I feel like there is a part of him he doesn't show on the vlogs/social media.

-Tara-
Debater
Debater

Post by -Tara- »

rai1234 wrote: I watched hers and Leyla's videos since Luxy hair days, and liked their travel vlogs (they're aesthetically pleasing). Sometimes Mimi would make off-handed ignorant comments but I usually looked past those. It wasn't until she got pregnant and gave birth that I've become increasingly irritated by her. She and Alex suddenly got so preachy about their lifestyle, diet (not eating meat), relationships (her poorly written book), not acknowledging horrific events happening around the world, parenting, etc. The final straw for a lot of people was her labor and delivery video that was plagued with dangerous misinformation. I still watch occasionally to see if they changed their ways (they haven't). Also, AdBlock :tu:
I haven't watched the delivery video but now I'm curious lol
Maybe they really are crazier than I thought ;)
amani wrote:
I actually stopped watching after the birth of their daughter and that the birth video the made. I think that just really rubbed me the wrong way. I do follow her on insta because she posts videos of her kid on insta stories where the kid barely has any toys. I'm curious to see how that will affect the child as it grows older. I think I unsubscribed from Alex a while ago because he is just so bizarre and weird. I feel like there is a part of him he doesn't show on the vlogs/social media.
I need to watch that birth video!
I absolutely agree on Alex! I, too, think there is a part of him that is hidden from vlogs.
I watch other families on YouTube and none of them make a point of kissing on video as much as these two. It's like they're trying too hard to make ppl feel their love is so deep and should be idolized.

Their daughter is still below One. She could benefit from more toys but I don't think it's horrible that she doesn't have more YET.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

-Tara- wrote:
rai1234 wrote: I watched hers and Leyla's videos since Luxy hair days, and liked their travel vlogs (they're aesthetically pleasing). Sometimes Mimi would make off-handed ignorant comments but I usually looked past those. It wasn't until she got pregnant and gave birth that I've become increasingly irritated by her. She and Alex suddenly got so preachy about their lifestyle, diet (not eating meat), relationships (her poorly written book), not acknowledging horrific events happening around the world, parenting, etc. The final straw for a lot of people was her labor and delivery video that was plagued with dangerous misinformation. I still watch occasionally to see if they changed their ways (they haven't). Also, AdBlock :tu:
I haven't watched the delivery video but now I'm curious lol
Maybe they really are crazier than I thought ;)
amani wrote:
I need to watch that birth video!
I absolutely agree on Alex! I, too, think there is a part of him that is hidden from vlogs.
I watch other families on YouTube and none of them make a point of kissing on video as much as these two. It's like they're trying too hard to make ppl feel their love is so deep and should be idolized.

Their daughter is still below One. She could benefit from more toys but I don't think it's horrible that she doesn't have more YET.
[video][/video]

Prepare to be enraged.

-Tara-
Debater
Debater

Post by -Tara- »

I just watched it. I fast forwarded some cuz it was an hour long!
I'm too annoyed to discuss all the things that were wrong with that video but I will say that giving birth through c-section does not in any way affect the bond you have with your child. Idk why they feel that it does but they are absolutely wrong.
they are spoiled, whiny, misinformed, crazy and just plain wrong about so many things.
This was the last video I will ever watch of them.
She's said crazy things before but this video was just at another level. I'm glad I saw it so now I know i never wanna watch her again.

Tennessee123
Debater
Debater

Post by Tennessee123 »

I also quit watching ANYTNING personal after the labor and delivery. I do still enjoy some travel blogs but probably won't watch those anymore because I don't feel like I should be supporting their egos. The moment that really got me was when Alex made himself "the hero" of her labor by making out with her to get the blood pressure down or whatever. The way he presented it was he saved the day because everyone else in the room were idiots. Putting your wife, who was clearly in a lot of pain and bordering a dangerous situation, is not something to be proud of. Also using the phrase "making out" when you're in your 30s and she's in labor just grosses me out.

Goodgirll
Debater
Debater

Post by Goodgirll »

Not only that. The fact that he said the only thing fun about her entire pregnancy was having sex without a condom grosses me out too.

Also I didn't like the fact that he went for some spas with his friend uj right after mimi gave birth so that he can get back to normal life. I feel men should be extra helpful right after women give birth because women can have sleepless nights as babies feeds every 2 hours and it can be exhausting.

Goodgirll
Debater
Debater

Post by Goodgirll »

And why is leyla getting more and more irritating day by day. She is trying to be a know it all mommy. Her daughter eats well and credit goes all to her as a mother. I mean siblings turn out different even though they experience same form of parenting. There's something called genes and personality/preferences that one is born with. Let's see how her son turns out if he is a good eater or not.

Also she posts a picture of her post pregnancy body where she mentions she is fat and have cellulite but puts up such a perfect picture of herself like "oh look I am so perfect even my flaws are perfect". She says she has accepted her flaws but won't admit a boob and a nose job.!fake as hell.. I can't stand it. Anybody agree ?

vikiko1411
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vikiko1411 »

I am watching the "house tour" in South France...and all i can think is that Alex is soooo sooo boring!!!!!!!!!!!

araiya23
Lurker
Lurker

Post by araiya23 »

vikiko1411 wrote:I am watching the "house tour" in South France...and all i can think is that Alex is soooo sooo boring!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god. They literally have "three moms" to help take care of Alexa. They cannot parent themselves, which is insane. I mean, is Alexa really that unbearable? I would've thought only one mom would be enough, but they have appeared to bring their nanny from London, Natasha, along with Mimi's mom and Alex's mom. Unfreakingbelievable.... :?

This is in such contrast to Leyla's recent vlog-- I'm not saying she's not without any help, as both of their parents help, but they are now raising two kids by themselves. Mimi is practically a stay at home mom/Insta-whatever-person, so I really don't see how she can't raise her own kid.

Also that house per night in the house tour ($1500 CAD/ day) costs more than the rent of my apartment...per month...so that makes me cry a little haha

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

araiya23 wrote:
vikiko1411 wrote:I am watching the "house tour" in South France...and all i can think is that Alex is soooo sooo boring!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god. They literally have "three moms" to help take care of Alexa. They cannot parent themselves, which is insane. I mean, is Alexa really that unbearable? I would've thought only one mom would be enough, but they have appeared to bring their nanny from London, Natasha, along with Mimi's mom and Alex's mom. Unfreakingbelievable.... :?

This is in such contrast to Leyla's recent vlog-- I'm not saying she's not without any help, as both of their parents help, but they are now raising two kids by themselves. Mimi is practically a stay at home mom/Insta-whatever-person, so I really don't see how she can't raise her own kid.

Also that house per night in the house tour ($1500 CAD/ day) costs more than the rent of my apartment...per month...so that makes me cry a little haha
I still can't believe they flew her mom out to France right when Leyla gave birth and could have probably used some help. She gave birth and they jetted off to vacation. Seems like they're in Canada now though but looks like they're staying downtown, away from family. They're constantly talking about *being grateful*, sucks they don't seem grateful for family. Also, Alexa seems like an amazing baby! Of course she has a lot of energy but she's growing up and she's curious about everything around her, they're lucky they can experience this with her, but instead they bring their sitter over and escape to lunch and dinner every night. She still comes across kind of detached.
Side note: Alex complaining about Toronto traffic as soon as he's out of the airport, why am I not surprised? Doesn't precious London have traffic too? They don't go beyond a couple mile radius from where they live, of course they don't experience true city life.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

They still haven't gone to see their family or their newborn nephew. I wonder how long until they trek it to North York to see them.

Post by Guest »

Alexa could barely crawl, and Mimi makes it seem like her daughter is so special and different. Ok Mimi, get over yourself!

vikiko1411
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vikiko1411 »

rai1234 wrote:
araiya23 wrote:

ahhaha...i want to cry since last year's trip that stayed in the villa next to where they stayed this year!!!And they stayed almost for a month!!
Alex said that the owner gave them a lower price because they stayed many days!!But still...these are a lotttttt of money!!!!I don't even spend that much for 7days holidays!!Not just for 1 night!

Bcg527
Learner
Learner

Post by Bcg527 »

lol typical detached Mimi and Alex. They spend their first day in Toronto frolicking and not visiting family. Wasting money on an air b n b and refusing to stay with family. Who was the woman in Mimi insta video walking with Alexa? Alexa can't even stand on her own yet how is she going to walk "anytime soon" they've been saying Alexa is going to "walk any day" for the past few months. I can't believe ppl are actually going to their stupid meet up.

In general 99% of insta moms love to brag about their children, lives, money. And just to gain extra likes and attention "get real" every now and then about the realities of parenting. Mimi AND leyla are no exception. They are following the predictable formula of an arrogant, narcissistic social media mom.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Bcg527 wrote:lol typical detached Mimi and Alex. They spend their first day in Toronto frolicking and not visiting family. Wasting money on an air b n b and refusing to stay with family. Who was the woman in Mimi insta video walking with Alexa? Alexa can't even stand on her own yet how is she going to walk "anytime soon" they've been saying Alexa is going to "walk any day" for the past few months. I can't believe ppl are actually going to their stupid meet up.

In general 99% of insta moms love to brag about their children, lives, money. And just to gain extra likes and attention "get real" every now and then about the realities of parenting. Mimi AND leyla are no exception. They are following the predictable formula of an arrogant, narcissistic social media mom.
Probably one of their Luxy employees. They don't have many friends.
Still can't believe they didn't visit their families. My family's house would be my first destination after leaving the airport, even if I only end up seeing them for 30 mins.

Penguins1
Learner
Learner

Post by Penguins1 »

Wow so odd to me that they didnt go to meet the baby yet...and Leyla was out and about too somewhere else. I find it soo weird. I would be way too excited to see my new nephew and go there asap. And would also be shocked if my sister came to visit and didnt stay with me or even in a nearby hotel. Downtown Toronto is easily 45 min or more away from the area Leyla lives.

Tennessee123
Debater
Debater

Post by Tennessee123 »

They're too busy swinging at the park.. because I guess they just got sick of doing the same thing in London...

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Looks like her parents were downtown with them yesterday, but of course Mimi and Alex didn't mention anything about them being there at all.

-Tara-
Debater
Debater

Post by -Tara- »

Tennessee123 wrote:I also quit watching ANYTNING personal after the labor and delivery. I do still enjoy some travel blogs but probably won't watch those anymore because I don't feel like I should be supporting their egos. The moment that really got me was when Alex made himself "the hero" of her labor by making out with her to get the blood pressure down or whatever. The way he presented it was he saved the day because everyone else in the room were idiots. Putting your wife, who was clearly in a lot of pain and bordering a dangerous situation, is not something to be proud of. Also using the phrase "making out" when you're in your 30s and she's in labor just grosses me out.
He DID make himself sound like the hero, didn't he?!
Ugh! How self absorbed can a person be.
I felt like mimi was more open to accepting the nurses/doctors professional opinion and considered a c-section to be an option but he just felt like he knows best and his way is the right way.
What if she wanted to have a c-section? Would he have given her that freedom?
He seems like the type of person who doesn't accept ideas different than his. Mimi probably goes a long with whatever he says.
Anyway, the part that got to me the most was when he completely disregarded the nurses suggestion to induce labor saying 'nature knows best'. No! That is NOT true!! When I was 39 weeks pregnant my sons's heart rate was a bit low on my doctor visit but it picked back up (the most likely explanation was that he was sleeping at first ) but the doctor asked me to go back again in a couple of days to make sure. When I went back he checked the heart rate for over an hour ( I had no contractions, super easy pregnancy, no complications... so I didn't expect there to be a problem) and it turns out my baby wanted to come out but my body wasn't going into labor and his heart rate was continuously too low. So I had an emergency delivery.
If I hadn't gone back assuming nature knows best, my baby could've been stillborn.
They were lucky that everything went fine. But Alex is too full of himself and it way too ignorant. He needs to stop thinking he's so perfect and start respecting professional opinion/guidance.

Return to “Mimi and Alex Ikonn”