PointlessVIP: More Money Than Sense Part 13

joffy
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PointlessVIP: More Money Than Sense Part 13

Post by joffy »

He spends the evening with Dave Erasmus and his friends and suddenly The Deyes is a motivationall guru.

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

AmenAmen91 wrote:Typos because of anger...sorz

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I don't know how you do it. I can't even hate watch it anymore. He's been expertly manufactured in a Gleam factory. One day his programming will malfunction and the breakdown will be real. I find myself wondering if this is a marina Joyce situation but for real. Is he signalling to us in some way...but no. Just a twat.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

ladyandtramplove
Debater
Debater

Post by ladyandtramplove »

Notes on today's vlog:

- Alfie the majority of people you surround yourself with are lazy slobs :tu: Dave is pretty cool, but he is nothing like the other losers you call your friends.

- I know you saw that Navy Seal or whoever talking about waking up early and you are feeling all inspired, but that does not mean you get to be the person that makes these motivational speeches. You have not earned the right, sorry.

- White people think they work so damn hard and are so deserving (to some extent they are). I am a visible minority in my country, I am indigenous. I am telling you right now that I am working my ass off at school and to get into law school and strangers still look at me like I am probably a degenerate because of the colour of my skin. SO I'm glad you are proud of your success Alfie but it is not that easy for other people.

- Poppy was so freaking annoying I had to skip so much of this vlog :roll:

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

- White people think they work so damn hard and are so deserving (to some extent they are). I am a visible minority in my country, I am indigenous. I am telling you right now that I am working my ass off at school and to get into law school and strangers still look at me like I am probably a degenerate because of the colour of my skin. SO I'm glad you are proud of your success Alfie but it is not that easy for others [/quote]

Why do you think this t-shirt exists??Lol
I should send it to his P.O. box

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

civilwarsshannon
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by civilwarsshannon »

AmenAmen91 wrote:- White people think they work so damn hard and are so deserving (to some extent they are). I am a visible minority in my country, I am indigenous. I am telling you right now that I am working my ass off at school and to get into law school and strangers still look at me like I am probably a degenerate because of the colour of my skin. SO I'm glad you are proud of your success Alfie but it is not that easy for others

Why do you think this t-shirt exists??Lol
I should send it to his P.O. box

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/quote]Hahahaahhahah yesss

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

Sas12345
Talker
Talker

Post by Sas12345 »

Has been like a week but thought id just say i saw alfies parents at brighton pride walking buzz and this girl stopped them to pet the dog, they seemed more than friendly and actually stood for a bit and spoke to her, i know no one ever really talks bad about his parents but thought i'd just say they do seem to be kind normal people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprinkleofmoney2
Informer
Informer

Post by sprinkleofmoney2 »

New pb merch ideas

ello101
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ello101 »

How can he see himself as someone who can do motivational speeches. Most speakers have gone through hardships, like having a disability and overcoming limitations, or worked their way up from the utter ground. What has he faced or achieved that makes him qualified to preach about how others should live their lives? I guess being more than 500 meters away from a Dum Dum donuts makes you qualified to speak on the difficulties of starvation, and YouTube ads being pulled means you can talk about what it's like to live on the breadline. Dum Dum Deyes fml smh gtfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scruffythebone
Learner
Learner

Post by scruffythebone »

My Day:
7:00AM - Wake up and get the kid ready for school.
7:30AM - Make food for my partner and kid.
8:00AM - Partner comes in from working nights, scoffs down breakfast and prepares to take kid to school.
8:05AM - After spending 5 minutes with my partner, leave for work.
8:45AM - Arrive at work, have my first coffee of the day
9:00AM - Work starts.
5:00PM - Work Ends.
6:00PM - Pick kid up from my ailing mother who picks him up from school.
6:30PM - Go home, eat, prepare something for my partner to eat.
7:00PM - Entertain kid, do homework (too young but you get the point)
7:30PM - Wake partner up for her to start her night shift.
8:00PM - Spend 30 minutes with partner, before waving her off to work.
8:30PM - Bathe kid, put kid to bed.
9:00PM - Pour glass of wine
9:05PM - Fall asleep, shagged out after a long day.

Alfie Day:
All Day - Say sick a lot, pretend to work hard at editing videos, occasionally interact with a sloth on the sofa.

My day isn't especially hard in the grand scheme of things, it's very very standard for most working people and even more so for working parents. His sheet level of ambivalence he has towards people who work for a living, is unbelievable. I've no problem with people who got rich quick, or easily but I do have a problem with then being told to follow dreams and surround yourself with people who will inspire and all that bullshit. No, It's a nice idea, but in reality I work and my partner works to pay our mortgage and make sure our kid has food on the table. I'd love to "follow my dreams" unfortunately not wanting to be homeless and hungry wins out every time. Dickhead.

sockmonkey
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sockmonkey »

I agree with all the comments about his disgusting ignorant speech at the beginning of his latest vlog. It actually made me feel physically sick listening to it.
Guess what Alfie, some people can't "make their dreams a reality" no matter how hard they try. Maybe they're a full term cater for a sick relative, maybe they don't have the money to do a degree or start a business, maybe they're from a minority background where they have to work twice as hard to get half as far.
I am living my dream and I am actually surrounded by very inspiring hard working people but I would NEVER in a million years think to speak so ignorantly and patronisingly about other people. White privilege man. Maybe it's cause I've had to overcome a lot to get to where I am but come on. The majority of people I know who have actually worked hard (something Alfie hasn't done a day of in his life) are humble and grateful and I just can't believe this idiot has such a huge following and such backwards views yet no one ever calls him out on it.
He's the complete opposite of success. He might have money but he sure doesn't have class.

Post by Guest »

This is one of the main reasons why I can't even stand to watch him. He is just so deluded to think that he has 'worked hard' to get where he is, and is unable to see just how lucky he has been. If he had a little bit of humility and acknowledged all the help he has received in getting him to where he is now then I would probably be able to stand him. But right now I just can't even bare to watch.

I am in a position where I am able to fight for my dream. I received an inheritance which gave me a financial cushion to fall back on, and my husband has allowed me to quit my job to pursue my dream to be an author. And I know I would not be able to pursue it without the help and support of those people. Alfie does not acknowledge these things. That his parents let him stay at their's rent free (most likely) at the start of his career when he was a teen. That he could work off that initial small wage on YouTube without the second job because his mum was probably cooking him dinner at night. That Gleam came along at the right moment and Dom was there to kickstart his management. Where are his thanks to those people? I mean, sure, he might say it privately, but without acknowledging it publicly he just come across as an arrogant know-it-all. I couldn't care less how easy someone's life is because I know my life is pretty great right now too, but at least be thankful for it and have some self-awareness, as it's actually pretty offensive to watch.

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

wanderingseoul wrote:This is one of the main reasons why I can't even stand to watch him. He is just so deluded to think that he has 'worked hard' to get where he is, and is unable to see just how lucky he has been. If he had a little bit of humility and acknowledged all the help he has received in getting him to where he is now then I would probably be able to stand him. But right now I just can't even bare to watch.
You have put this really well. I actually think he genuinely believes what he's saying; he's really that deluded. He can't see the layers of privilege and protection that he has had wrapped around him his entire life.
His sneering attitude towards those who haven't been in such a fortunate position where they haven't been able to "follow their dreams" is awful. Maybe one day when the YouTube bubble bursts and Alfie gets a slice of reality, he'll look back on these little speeches and realise how foolish he is.

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

Why do either him/Zoe or Poppy/Sean always have Buzz? I don't always watch his or Zoe's vlogs (never watch Seans) so maybe it's just a coincidence that almost every time I do they seem to be dog sitting. I get that being at Zalfies house, he has Nala to play with and that's good for the both of them but overall it doesn't really make a dog happy to be away from home so much. It's actually best to have someone stay in your home with your dog if you're going away...but what do Alfie's parents do so often that they need someone to watch their dog anyway? Do they really take that many vacations? Just irritates me because it seems like they aren't really living a life well fitted for a dog yet they still have one.

CasualViewer
Informer
Informer

Post by CasualViewer »

It's rather funny really. He considers rotting away on the sofa, eating takeaway, watching reality TV with the same people day in, day out to be 'living his dreams?' He so clearly measures his life by material possessions.

I would love his house, his cars, his cash in the bank. But if I had to take every other aspect of his miserable existence, I'd quite happily turn it all down.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

I kind of want him and Zoe to break up now so he can see how far his own hard work has actually got him. He earns about a quarter of what she does and those 'hard working' people around him like Sean would probably be dropped from Gleam pretty quickly because people watch his vlogs to see Zoe.

Argh he made me so angry. My friend had a baby very young and she worked and did her masters degree part time. She now has a good job but she works for someone else. Does that mean she hasn't fulfilled her dream?

ems142
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ems142 »

that speech....everybody he knows is working hard towards their dreams and goals? Soppy must have low expectations if they dream of being hanger on for the rest of their life, how are they motivational and inspiring? IDIOT

crazydoglady
Informer
Informer

Post by crazydoglady »

They are both so fucking wasteful it infuriates me; first with all the food (the Vegan Couple did a very interesting video on Alfie, and as much as I can't stand them they did make some good points), then all the unnecessary driving around in your gas-guzzling, CO2 churning Range Rover, then the water bottle consumption (by a fucking Brita if the water tastes funny! Use one of your excessive number of fancy glasses to drink from!), and then all the cardboard and plastic packaging from the sheer amount of utter shit they buy. It makes me so angry that I have to inhabit the same planet as these people. Stop fucking the Earth up.

i+dont+even+know
Learner
Learner

Post by i+dont+even+know »

Having breakfast in his huge garden with a "glamping" teepee installed for a stupid party in the background talking about how essentially people have been raised wrong so they're poor and unhappy has to be the worst thing he has ever done in any of his useless youtube videos. What a gigantic dickhead.

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

Alfie: The people I surround myself with have so much ambition, so much drive...
Also Alfie: Has a girlfriend whose sad existence revolves around abusing the couch and takeaway services, a sister who can't form a coherent sentence, a soon-to-be brother-in-law who uses his girlfriend for views -> cash.

Why the fuck is he not getting more backlash about this hypocrisy? These are the times when I wish I was a big YouTuber.
"I've always wanted to be somebody who makes the ideas in my head become a reality" - Ideas...This has to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. Surely "ideas" must be a nickname for pointless purchases I use to distract me from my shallow and empty being.

Somebody needs to tell these self-proclaimed motivational guru YouTubers who publish autobiographies at 20 years of age that that's not how it works in the real world. You need actual life experience(not an online career that includes self-imposed alienation in a million pound mansion), hardship and heartfelt connections with fellow human beings to become a person others might find inspirational and worthy of listening to.

FrillyLilly
Talker
Talker

Post by FrillyLilly »

The worst part about that speech is that, for once, I think he was actually trying to be sincere! I think he genuinely believes that he works hard and it's just a matter of people chasing their dreams.

"If I can do it, why can't you?" The slogan of privileged white, cis males, there.

He's so smug! And totally ignorant to any life experience that doesn't match his own.

Also, none of them are living THEIR dreams, they're living A dream. Did Alfie dream of doing this as a kid, or even as a teenager? Did Zoe? Poppy and Sean? I understand that dreams evolve over time and as you move through your career the things that you want can change. However, none of these lot had a career prior to this and had very little understanding of the world.

YouTube was a hobby for them (that's why they struggle with 'work' so much now, they still want it to be a hobby) and it worked out - they didn't chase anything.

I think Zoe's dream was probably interior design or something, but Youtube is easy money so she's put that dream on hold. I'm assuming Alfie had absolutely no dream, purely because he seems so thick, but maybe pro gymnast? Running his own gymnastics school?

Most people don't get the chance to follow their dreams not due to lack of support from their family or friends, but just straight up real life.

Return to “Pointless Blog”