Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Devon "I didn't know Louise before I met Matthew" Barber

Post by maccalacca »

Re-posting this in the new thread because it was the last post in the old one.

I've just come back from a weekend away to find out that Devon is going to be pursuing makeup? Is this shit for real?

April 25th 2016
"I don't really use much foundation because I can't be bothered" before proceeding to put little bits of foundation over red bits/spots. Who in their right mind - especially with a passion for makeup ( :rofl: ) - would just put random patches of liquid foundation on?
"I think my future as a beauty blogger has died before it even had a chance to live" - hasn't stopped you trying to be your boyfriend's ex wife though, has it?

January 14th 2017
"I am in no way shape or form a makeup artist, so this is going to be interesting."
"I don't really know what I'm doing and I think that's fine. I think it's okay to not be a makeup expert."
"I have no idea what I'm doing and to be honest, I don't really have any desire to learn."

August 12th 2017
"my anxiety is centred around pressure" - so you want to be a makeup artist? For weddings? The one day of a woman's life that she is guaranteed to be photographed hundreds of times? There is no pressure associated with making sure her makeup looks good and stays put? :rofl:
"Camera operating and editing is all I knew how to do" - why is your channel so shit then?
"I like makeup. I like watching people apply it" - watching people apply makeup and actually applying makeup is not the same thing.
This is why you don't put shit on the internet. All she's doing is seeing exactly how the woman she is most jealous of in the world made a name for herself and is trying to copy that. I'd have far more respect for her if she was just herself and shared her own interests in her videos and at least tried to make her channel somewhat original, but she's so fucking insecure and desperate that she has to just do what she thinks will garner a lot of interest rather than what she wants to do. People's interests change, of course, but you don't go from hating makeup and thinking it's pointless, not caring how you look to having a "passion" for it in less than a year. How she got into a beauty school, I will never ever know. It can't be a very good one, the good ones require you to prove that you are at least interested. A quick google search proves that she is exactly the opposite.

It also stinks of "Darcy loves her mum. Her mum loves beauty. I have to love beauty to be more like Darcy's mum and then she'll love me too".

Louise must be absolutely terrified. This woman is crazy.

meowelseh
Informer
Informer

Post by meowelseh »

she has such a relaxed, "it doesn't look/turn out great but I tried" attitude about everything how she gonna do someone else's make up ???? it's a p personal thing like

scalesfishnails
Informer
Informer

Post by scalesfishnails »

it's actually so so so fucking weird/single white female that she would start a youtube channel. still find it so strange. how can matt not be freaked out by that. alarm bells should be ringing!

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Is there a difference between a beauty therapist and a makeup artist?

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca »

ifucsam wrote:Is there a difference between a beauty therapist and a makeup artist?

Beauty therapists actually don't really do makeup that often tbh, which is why it's really weird that she said she wanted to do something she enjoys (makeup) and has signed up for a beauty therapy course. Beauty therapy is more to do with waxing, facials, massage etc. I wonder if she knows that.

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

maccalacca wrote:
ifucsam wrote:Is there a difference between a beauty therapist and a makeup artist?

Beauty therapists actually don't really do makeup that often tbh, which is why it's really weird that she said she wanted to do something she enjoys (makeup) and has signed up for a beauty therapy course. Beauty therapy is more to do with waxing, facials, massage etc. I wonder if she knows that.
wow she really is an idiot haha

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

maccalacca wrote:

That's what I thought but she seems to also be confused. Honestly if she's interested in beauty that might not be a bad course for her to take, as long as she isn't actually doing makeup.

fairylit
Learner
Learner

Post by fairylit »

Good luck to her, I say. She obviously needs something to focus on to get her independence/self esteem up.

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca »

ifucsam wrote:
maccalacca wrote:

That's what I thought but she seems to also be confused. Honestly if she's interested in beauty that might not be a bad course for her to take, as long as she isn't actually doing makeup.

Didn't she say that makeup was her passion now though? Surely it would've made more sense for her to sign up for a makeup artistry course if that was the case? Or to say that beauty therapy was her passion? The whole thing is just weird.

Also, since I went back to her old videos to make sure I wasn't going crazy in thinking that she had no interest in makeup, I realised that she has actually gained quite a bit of weight since starting youtube. Didn't she have major problems with her weight in the past? You would think that she would be interested in keeping the weight off, doing food/exercise videos etc. That would at least be relevant to her and it is something she has previously succeeded at.

sophielouiseok
Learner
Learner

Post by sophielouiseok »

She is doing beauty therapy but her passion is makeup? Either she's calling it the wrong thing or has signed up for the wrong course and is in for a shock

Part of me feels she's trying to be like Louise with the makeup passion but trying to be all 'louise who?I'm me!1!1' by doing beauty therapy but her announcement video is one huge contradiction of itself

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

maccalacca wrote:
ifucsam wrote:
maccalacca wrote:

Didn't she say that makeup was her passion now though? Surely it would've made more sense for her to sign up for a makeup artistry course if that was the case? Or to say that beauty therapy was her passion? The whole thing is just weird.

Also, since I went back to her old videos to make sure I wasn't going crazy in thinking that she had no interest in makeup, I realised that she has actually gained quite a bit of weight since starting youtube. Didn't she have major problems with her weight in the past? You would think that she would be interested in keeping the weight off, doing food/exercise videos etc. That would at least be relevant to her and it is something she has previously succeeded at.

I honestly don't know what she said because I don't give her the views. Her older photos she does seem larger, I'm sure settling into a relationship has made her gain and we all know Matt likes bigger women.

Post by Guest »

I'm confused too about what she's actually doing. Is she doing both or just one? Does she herself knows what she's doing? She is such a mess right now. This is not going to help her at all!

Is she going to be practicing on Darcy now? Because I remember her moaning about Darcy putting make up on her on Instagram posts and comments to people. Then when Darcy got one of those doll heads for her birthday, Devon was happy she wasn't going to have make up put on her... :?

I'm sorry but Devon is a liar. She is not passionate about make up at all! She is passionate about trying to be Louise! She needs serious help.

I think she will moan at every chance she gets when she starts this new course. As someone has mentioned I doubt they use cruelty free products which would go agasint her beliefs. But knowing Devon she will just follow the crowd. She's such a sheep! I mean seriously! What is she thinking? This will not end well.

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca »

ifucsam wrote:
maccalacca wrote:
ifucsam wrote:
maccalacca wrote:

I honestly don't know what she said because I don't give her the views. Her older photos she does seem larger, I'm sure settling into a relationship has made her gain and we all know Matt likes bigger women.

Ew, second thought. What if she's gaining weight back because she wants to be more like Louise in that way too? She did the pink tips and started wearing makeup, so it's not too out there?
Doughnutdemon12 wrote:I'm confused too about what she's actually doing. Is she doing both or just one? Does she herself knows what she's doing? She is such a mess right now. This is not going to help her at all!

Is she going to be practicing on Darcy now? Because I remember her moaning about Darcy putting make up on her on Instagram posts and comments to people. Then when Darcy got one of those doll heads for her birthday, Devon was happy she wasn't going to have make up put on her... :?

I'm sorry but Devon is a liar. She is not passionate about make up at all! She is passionate about trying to be Louise! She needs serious help.

I think she will moan at every chance she gets when she starts this new course. As someone has mentioned I doubt they use cruelty free products which would go agasint her beliefs. But knowing Devon she will just follow the crowd. She's such a sheep! I mean seriously! What is she thinking? This will not end well.
I genuinely don't think she knows what she'll be doing. It's going to be a total mess though. In Matt's most recent video he said "I don't have a spare £250 to spend on an ambulance" (or something to that effect), so how does he have the spare money to support Devon through this course (plus probably pay for the course itself)? Beauty therapy takes around 3 years to get qualified to a reasonable level. She said she's been working shifts in a doctor's surgery to raise some extra cash, but she barely works there at all so she can't have saved that much? It's not like she's making bank on youtube.

Brokendreams
Talker
Talker

Post by Brokendreams »

Lmao. I literally wanted to post the other day here that she sucks at doing her make-up. She can't even blend her eyeshadow properly!
Hopefully she learns from her course. :tu:
Sorry if my grammar and spelling sucks, I'm doing my best! :)

biggossipyswampy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by biggossipyswampy »

Man I didn't realize how low her subscriber count still is. She's got 70 videos, has an established youtuber for a live-boyfriend, and that boyfriend is the ex of a youtube star, and she uses the star's kid for likes, and she still can only milk 2700 subscribers out of all that shit combined over 2 years. That's pretty impressive in an anti-charisma kind of way.

I find myself funny
Talker
Talker

Post by I find myself funny »

This has to be matt forcing her to do this right ? I mean without it she needs a stay in a very secure well padded room because trying to exactly copy your boyfriends ex wife and completly change is crackers and the start of a very bad lifetime horror movie

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

I'm convinced she has really low self esteem, which is great for Matt because I'm convinced her likes those types! So either he's trying to make her up a bit to make her like his ex or it's the other way around. Like I've always said I've never liked Matt, watching him with Louise always made me feel so uncomfortable and awkward. He use to always say things in away that always guilt tripped Louise but tried to come off as the better person.

Storie! I mean Devon! Get out whilst you can. He isn't good for you.

somerisings
Learner
Learner

Post by somerisings »

I didn't watch the video - is it a distance learning course or will she physically be in a class with others? I don't see her sticking it out. Apart from her not sticking *anything* out, she always feels like a victim and has an 'I'm not like the other girls' complex. I can see her assuming everyone's being mean to her. Remember when she thought the people in the doctors' office were bullying her because she wasn't invited to a party (even though she technically was)? She'll be even more out of her comfort zone around people practicing beauty.

Anyways, I wonder if her and Matthew talk about anything other than YouTube. I know they have their superheroes but hmmmm. I bet their go-to joke during awkward silences is 'Hey wow our haterz are so funny amiright?' six times a day.

Return to “Devon Louise”