clothesencounters part 3

asap_celine
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by asap_celine »

^^ that highlighter on the nose just made her nose look wider.

The vocabulary she used and the way she was talking throughout the video made her sound idiotic. She tried hard to use better vocab, but she ended up stuttering or forgetting what she was trying to say so she'd repeat it.

TBH, I skipped through half of the video: when she talked about audible sponsoring her video, talking about that book, talking about Get Out, talking in general... lol.

kurokuro
Learner
Learner

Post by kurokuro »

beesaremyjam wrote:IDK if it's just me but was she strangely avoiding the summary of Get Out??? Idk it seemed really weird like Get Out isn't just a movie about a interracial couple who meets "each other's families"--it's about a black man who meets his white girlfriend's parents and racism is the monster like that SOCIAL COMMENTARY is literally the point of Get Out, IT'S NOT JUST A FUCKING THRILLER/PSYCHOLOGICAL BENDER" and she seemed so hesitant to describe the most basic plot for one of her "top five films for sure" (idk maybe because Ben is white????)
I think she's trying to jump on the whole "interracial relationship" vibe, to make the movie more relate-able to herself, rather than acknowledge the fact that it's specifically about racism against black people. I don't know if she really understood the movie.

beesaremyjam
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beesaremyjam »

kurokuro wrote:I think she's trying to jump on the whole "interracial relationship" vibe, to make the movie more relate-able to herself, rather than acknowledge the fact that it's specifically about racism against black people. I don't know if she really understood the movie.
Oh okay that makes more sense haha. I was suspecting maybe Ben got butthurt from the movie because one of my white male friends got pretty offended about Get Out and so we never talk about it but yeah I can see her not getting the movie like Get Out was really funny (at times) and scary but to gush so much about it like that and not at least point out the damn point of the movie just made me feel like she didn't get it, rather than wanting to avoid spoilers

happygolucky
Talker
Talker

Post by happygolucky »

She tries so hard to sound sophisticated but she is not. She said in the beginning "I thought i would gather all my favorite things of july and share them TO you". It should be share WITH you. For a communications major she always messes up basic grammar

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

Get Out is about racism and she couldn't even mention that, guess she's scared

telephone
Informer
Informer

Post by telephone »

Eh, I think she got the message but as someone previously mentioned was too afraid to use the R word because she wants to be as non-controversial as possible. Which is odd because of her attending the Women's March and her prior mentioning of wanting to be more Woke or whatever. And also because, yes, Get Out is a blatant indictment on the phoniness and racism of white people. But I get it -- she is a freaking fashion/beauty/lifestyle content creator, not a political activist. Most (not all) of her viewers subscribe for her looks and style, not her views on controversial topics. It is similar to the scorn many actors face when they attempt to be political -- they aren't taken seriously and are instead criticised for stepping out of their role as entertainer. And they face the risk of losing followers and sponsorships which we all know J-Im is steady chasing right now.

telephone
Informer
Informer

Post by telephone »

asap_celine wrote:Funny how in her favorites video she talked about how she has issues with confidence and self-esteem. Yet months ago, she made a video on how to be confident and was explaining how she stays confident and loves herself. :roll: :roll:
Don't people go through ups and downs with confidence and self-esteem though? Anyway, I thought this was her attempt at being more relatable while also plugging her Audible sponsorship. If she picked a literary book we would call her out for being pretentious and tryhard. At least she is keeping it more real in comparison by choosing a pop-psych/self-help book.

telephone
Informer
Informer

Post by telephone »

I don't understand why she cakes on makeup either! Is this an LA thing???

sqm
Talker
Talker

Post by sqm »

beesaremyjam wrote:IDK if it's just me but was she strangely avoiding the summary of Get Out??? Idk it seemed really weird like Get Out isn't just a movie about a interracial couple who meets "each other's families"--it's about a black man who meets his white girlfriend's parents and racism is the monster like that SOCIAL COMMENTARY is literally the point of Get Out, IT'S NOT JUST A FUCKING THRILLER/PSYCHOLOGICAL BENDER" and she seemed so hesitant to describe the most basic plot for one of her "top five films for sure" (idk maybe because Ben is white????)
She said she wants to leave it at that to not spoil anything but even her quick summary of the movie was so completely wrong I wonder if instead of trying to avoid speaking about racism she just didn't understand the movie at all. :?

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

telephone wrote:
asap_celine wrote:Funny how in her favorites video she talked about how she has issues with confidence and self-esteem. Yet months ago, she made a video on how to be confident and was explaining how she stays confident and loves herself. :roll: :roll:
Don't people go through ups and downs with confidence and self-esteem though? Anyway, I thought this was her attempt at being more relatable while also plugging her Audible sponsorship. If she picked a literary book we would call her out for being pretentious and tryhard. At least she is keeping it more real in comparison by choosing a pop-psych/self-help book.
She said that "Audible is ...like a library... with audiobooks" really cute considering that libraries have, guess what, free audiobooks!

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

apeach wrote:i just watched her past fav videos and she just changed so much (for the worst) it's actually sad. she looks like a Chinese New Year lantern in that outfit and her hair colour is just horrible. she should go back to the days when she had darker hair colour, lesser highlighter and no falsies.
Her clothes got so weird, for a model she has no taste and her shoes, omg they went from cheap and crappy to ridiculous. The space buns aren't helping either, she looks like a whacky character out of a movie.

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

Callan wrote:
telephone wrote:
She said that "Audible is ...like a library... with audiobooks" really cute considering that libraries have, guess what, free audiobooks!
Lol she probably doesn't know! I for one use the library to read books for free and listen to audiobooks for free. I recently applied to the New York public library in NYC to up my audiobook access because unlike her I don't have money to blow

She's not even that much of a reader... she just buys a book or two every once in a while. Actual book lovers use the library unless that person is obsessed with owning every book they read.

I hate how she always pretends to be something that she's not or exaggerate like I love reading or I love art and it's so clear she's not that into either... I read more than her and I work a full time job

She really should think more before she speaks more at least notice how dumb she sounds when she edits. Well that's her stabbing herself in the foot by doing a shoddy job talking and then a shoddy job editing/ checking herself. Or maybe she was more focused on making sure that the space buns and her heavy caked on makeup looking on point in her warped point of view

But seriously those earrings with the space buns was like salt to the wounds. Just when you think it can't get worse

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Callan wrote:
telephone wrote:
Lol she probably doesn't know! I for one use the library to read books for free and listen to audiobooks for free. I recently applied to the New York public library in NYC to up my audiobook access because unlike her I don't have money to blow

She's not even that much of a reader... she just buys a book or two every once in a while. Actual book lovers use the library unless that person is obsessed with owning every book they read.

I hate how she always pretends to be something that she's not or exaggerate like I love reading or I love art and it's so clear she's not that into either... I read more than her and I work a full time job

She really should think more before she speaks more at least notice how dumb she sounds when she edits. Well that's her stabbing herself in the foot by doing a shoddy job talking and then a shoddy job editing/ checking herself. Or maybe she was more focused on making sure that the space buns and her heavy caked on makeup looking on point in her warped point of view

But seriously those earrings with the space buns was like salt to the wounds. Just when you think it can't get worse
Haha, Jen logic - "lemons are sour, chairs are for sitting" also Audible already offers at least 2 weeks of free listening, so not sure what her code is supposed to do. I read about 50-70 books a year, it used to be more but work cuts into my reading. My friends use Overdrive to access the free library books, it's a great idea, and kudos for signing up, smart! :) I own a lof of what I read because I'm a huge bookworm, I don't collect as extensively as I used to but it's nice not having to spend money if i already have it and its been on my TBR for a while.

I haven't watched her in so long, her voice just bugs me and she's always surprised/confused, her favorites videos were my fave but then she started getting behind and was adding weird stuff, then she went through that fug hat phase, I was like enough lol.

Hbteacup
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Hbteacup »

I thought this girl was Jenn when I was checking out the explore section of ig.

asap_celine
Informer
Informer

Post by asap_celine »

Callan wrote:
Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Callan wrote:
telephone wrote:

Haha, Jen logic - "lemons are sour, chairs are for sitting" also Audible already offers at least 2 weeks of free listening, so not sure what her code is supposed to do. I read about 50-70 books a year, it used to be more but work cuts into my reading. My friends use Overdrive to access the free library books, it's a great idea, and kudos for signing up, smart! :) I own a lof of what I read because I'm a huge bookworm, I don't collect as extensively as I used to but it's nice not having to spend money if i already have it and its been on my TBR for a while.

I haven't watched her in so long, her voice just bugs me and she's always surprised/confused, her favorites videos were my fave but then she started getting behind and was adding weird stuff, then she went through that fug hat phase, I was like enough lol.
I would love to know some of your favorite books that you've read, holy jeebussss! :o I've never heard of Overdrive, but I'm definitely going to look into it! Although I love reading physical books, I do have a Kindle for when I go on trips and stuff since it's a lot lighter than carrying so many books. I think she reads for show now, which is really sad. Or if she does actually read a lot and frequently, she's not really understanding them as she reads.

I don't understand her style anymore. She still tries to dress "cute," but now more than ever, she's trying to act all sensual and dress like Sophia. Sophia can pull off that certain style very well, but Jenn just looks like a try-hard and it's very obvious. Interesting to see how her style changes everytime she has a new "best friend". i.e. her punk phase when she hung out with Steph a lot and now her "sexy" "sensual" "baddie" phase hanging out with Soph and trying to fit in at the Hamptons.

sharktea
Talker
Talker

Post by sharktea »

Is it time for a new thread? Actually since it'll be part 4 does that mean there'll be a separate forum in the trash section?

Also I remember seeing on her insta story that she was filming this video like 2 weeks ago (since it's sponsored, she probably had to film it early to get the rough cut to audible's PR and get the final okay) - makes the fact that it's meant to be a monthly favourites pretty redundant, since they were only "favourites" for 2 weeks....

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater

Post by Thisisridic »

Who's supposed to start a new thread around here? I love catching up to these threads when I'm at work, it gets so juicy! :love2: I think to echo what everyone else has said, Jenn does dress similarly to her "bff" at the time. I don't actually think she has her own fashion sense at all, and if she does, it's the wacko woman w/ space buns & mom jeans look. :?

assthetic
Debater
Debater

Post by assthetic »

i made this little quirky video [youtube][/youtube]

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

deaaad. i think that should be the opening video for the part 4 of jenn's thread here

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater

Post by Thisisridic »

baconandeggs wrote:deaaad. i think that should be the opening video for the part 4 of jenn's thread here
YAASSSS. :gj: :gj: :gj:

Return to “Jenn Im”