emilynoel83

CataMaria
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: emilynoel83

Post by CataMaria »

She looks so much younger and fresher without all of the eye makeup, lashes, etc. - I don't know why she doesn't take advantage of it!

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

I don't know why so many people here comment here saying she looks better without makeup. I think she looks like a trainwreck without makeup.

CataMaria
Talker
Talker

Post by CataMaria »

Username wrote:I don't know why so many people here comment here saying she looks better without makeup. I think she looks like a trainwreck without makeup.
hmm, I don't see anything recently about her looking better without makeup entirely (obviously most if not all of us look better with some on than none at all!) but rather she looks nicer without the layers of product on her face and eyes- to me it's aging and not so great looking when all the gurus and women in general wear an abundance of layered makeup ;)

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

I wouldn't say she's a train wreck without makeup, just a little more Plain Jane. I think it's mainly because we're always seeing her so glammed up, so when we see her without makeup it's kind of odd. Like when you meet someone with brown hair and they dye it blonde, it's going to look weird at first because you're not used to that look on them.

Seeing her bare face, all she needs is some eyeliner/mascara, concealer, and maybe a subtle lip color and she would look fine.

KillerBee
Debater
Debater

Post by KillerBee »

I wonder why she does a 5-minute challenge if it's actually not up her alley?
I don't see any point in three get-ready-with-me videos when actually none of them is genuine but only produced for viewers.
And yes, I also think she looks very plain without make up, even though we're probably just used to her "everyday glam" which is still Peggy-Bundy-style to me. Her brows were a mess. I'm not sure if a tinted moisturizer might be enough, she does have to wear something on her skin.

However, I wanted to point out to you that she now officially states in her infobox that she's a sigma affiliate.
Is that a good sign?

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

KittyKax wrote:I wouldn't say she's a train wreck without makeup, just a little more Plain Jane. I think it's mainly because we're always seeing her so glammed up, so when we see her without makeup it's kind of odd. Like when you meet someone with brown hair and they dye it blonde, it's going to look weird at first because you're not used to that look on them.

Seeing her bare face, all she needs is some eyeliner/mascara, concealer, and maybe a subtle lip color and she would look fine.
I would still think she's plain, even if she never wore makeup.

jamilu
Learner
Learner

Post by jamilu »

heyashbutt wrote:Her application was probably so sloppy because this was the first time she's done her makeup in less than five minutes since that video she did a few years ago.

I still don't understand why she feels the need to pack on foundation every day. She has really nice skin. She doesn't need to cover it up. Heck, my skin is far from good and I don't cake on the foundation every day.

She mentioned that she likes to dedicate half an hour to doing her makeup. I'm curious...Is that a normal amount of time? I probably spend 10-20 minutes if I'm doing an entire face. But, I'd rather sleep in those extra 20 minutes so I've perfected the 5 minute face :lol:
Eh, I take around half an hour too, but I'm sluggish in the morning and like to really take my time. I think it's just a personal preference.

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

Am I the only one who doesn't think a large mirror in a pallet is as big of a deal as Emily says it is?
I mean unless you're going camping(which I don't get why you would need to have a full face of makeup in the middle of the wilderness) then wherever you go should have a mirror. If you're in a hotel there's going to be a good mirror, in the car, and even the airplane bathroom has a mirror. I guess if you wanted to do your makeup at your seat on the airplane or on a bus/train(that would be bumpy...)I get it but that's pretty much it.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

I honestly can't believe she's only two years older than me. She looks like she's in her late thirties in her most recent video.

lolwot
Learner
Learner

Post by lolwot »

KittyKax wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think a large mirror in a pallet is as big of a deal as Emily says it is?
I mean unless you're going camping(which I don't get why you would need to have a full face of makeup in the middle of the wilderness) then wherever you go should have a mirror. If you're in a hotel there's going to be a good mirror, in the car, and even the airplane bathroom has a mirror. I guess if you wanted to do your makeup at your seat on the airplane or on a bus/train(that would be bumpy...)I get it but that's pretty much it.
I agree. 9 times out of 10 when I'm doing my make-up I'm not looking in the pallet mirror. It's really not that big of a deal, if I happen to be somewhere without a mirror I'm usually carrying some other form of make-up that does come with a mirror, like a blush or a powder compact. That, or I always have one of those Sephora mirrors you get with a gift card kicking around somewhere in my purse. Not a make or break for me.

simmerdown
Learner
Learner

Post by simmerdown »

I knew she'd get a Mally palette in there somewhere. Are Mally products really that popular? The only place I've seen them are QVC so I'm not really sure why she yammers on about Mally all the time. Give it a rest Emily!

derseprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by derseprincess »

I've heard ItsJudyTime ramble about Mally.

haitai
Learner
Learner

Post by haitai »

this girl or lady or woman really needs to STOP with the mally palette, i get it you are sponsored by them, but give it a rest.

you know emily use to be one of the few gurus i respected bc she had a REAL job as a news anchor and now she's QUIT/got fired who knows! and is purely using YT as a source of income just like allllllll the rest of the gurus and uses so many sponsored products.

everything is just one big commercial and it's annoying.....i wish she would have her old job back bc people who tend to have another job ...doesn't depend on YT for money and HENCE are more likely to post real honest reviews

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

haitai wrote:this girl or lady or woman really needs to STOP with the mally palette, i get it you are sponsored by them, but give it a rest.

you know emily use to be one of the few gurus i respected bc she had a REAL job as a news anchor and now she's QUIT/got fired who knows! and is purely using YT as a source of income just like allllllll the rest of the gurus and uses so many sponsored products.

everything is just one big commercial and it's annoying.....i wish she would have her old job back bc people who tend to have another job ...doesn't depend on YT for money and HENCE are more likely to post real honest reviews
yes, I agree :(

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Does anyone else think that the quality of Emily's videos have gone down since she left her news job? It seems like she is posting fewer videos and the ones she does post are very unimaginative. How many "get ready with me" vids is she going to do? I was hoping she would start reviewing more products, do more "one brand" tutorials and stuff like that. It seems all she does now is run around the country meeting up with friends. I get that her free time was very limited when she was working. But really, if YT is going to be her income, maybe she should put more effort into it?
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Mew
Debater
Debater

Post by Mew »

I thought she looked really nice in her new Coral video. And younger, too!

simmerdown
Learner
Learner

Post by simmerdown »

I think the way she wears her hair really changes how old or young she looks. When it's curled and all beauty-queened out I think it ages her. In the Coral video it was straighter and in a side ponytail. A much younger look, IMO. She did a video, or two, a few weeks ago with her hair straight and hanging down and I was really surprised at how different she looked.

ashleykillerface
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ashleykillerface »

for someone who worked in television, her lighting situation at night is horrible. you'd think she'd shell out the cash for a few lights or something.

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

I'm cringing/dying of laughter at that 'Beauty Broadcast Trailer' video. She's doing that fake ass thing she did in her vlog introduction where she acts like she's being interviewed but you know she's just talking to herself.

Return to “Emilynoel83”