ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 2

jamsandwich
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICallItAmbrosia General Thread Part 2

Post by jamsandwich »

Her face looks so huge and round in her latest video. Scraping her hair back in a bun does NOTHING for her!

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

Ugh. I hate saying this, but she seriously looks bigger with each passing video. I'm not one to harp on about someone's weight, but when she's saying she's cut out junk and goes to the gym and stuff... what's the deal? And the way she dresses and applies her makeup honestly does her no favours. She overdraws her eyebrows to make them thick and chunky with rounded edges, which makes her forehead and temples look droopy. She uses the brightest, most inappropriate shade of lipstick on her thin lips, which consequently makes them look smaller and her cheeks and chin look bigger. She wears these huge necklaces that draw attention to her neck and shoulders (it seriously looks like she doesn't even have a neck anymore). She wears these skintight shirts (that look like they're right out of the 1960s) with scoop necks, which makes her whole chest look wider... I really sound like a hater, but I can't wrap my head around this. She needs to go on What Not To Wear.

I look at her now and I think of Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

talkaboutit
Informer
Informer

Post by talkaboutit »

lol. who even CARES.she went crazy when her school newspaper interviewed her too. The interview was done by her friend. At least some gurus are interviewed by actual magazines/papers. Or I don't know... IN the actual magazine. I'm watching her ego inflate again.

FevrierCat
Learner
Learner

Post by FevrierCat »

I think either my computer is messed up or I don't know how to work the internet because All I get is the title of the article lol.

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

trainedwreck wrote:A therapist would never diagnose something on the first visit. When I was seeing one, she told me I had symptoms of depression but that I wasn't diagnosed depressed.
Really? Mine told me she thought I had depression on my first visit. But she did tell me to see a psychiatrist or my regular doctor, both of whom would be able to give a second opinion and write a prescription if I needed one.

As for Rachel goes, I think it's kind of weird that she's so active on YouTube and tumblr if she's no depressed. I know everyone deals w/ it in different ways but normally people lose interest in the stuff they enjoy, or at least don't do it as often as they used to. She doesn't seem depressed in her videos at all. But that's just my opinion.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

FrozenLeaves wrote:
trainedwreck wrote:A therapist would never diagnose something on the first visit. When I was seeing one, she told me I had symptoms of depression but that I wasn't diagnosed depressed.
Really? Mine told me she thought I had depression on my first visit. But she did tell me to see a psychiatrist or my regular doctor, both of whom would be able to give a second opinion and write a prescription if I needed one.
Oh, definitely! I think its immoral to do that. People may have symptoms of strep throat but they wouldn't just state they have it without doing a test. This is extreme, but a doctor may think you have cancer, but they probably won't do just one test, once. I think it would be shameful for a doctor to diagnose officially. Saying you may have something is fine, but to make an official diagnosis, in my opinion, is wrong.

Like we said, Rachel always jumps to conclusions...

cosmo
Learner
Learner

Post by cosmo »

I'm sure she's trying to be funny but still.

nomimalone
Learner
Learner

Post by nomimalone »

Does it seriously bother anyone else that she constantly refers to her supposed best friends as "twats"? I mean, I guess it's funny because LOLCURSING and I'm sure they just kinda go along with it, but I just think it's rude and kind of mean.

ThatPerson
Debater
Debater

Post by ThatPerson »

It bothers me that she cant pronounce the word properly.. like it has an O in it.. no no-one says it like that

Kina
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Kina »

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/twat?s=t

According to this she says it right, I always thought she said it right because that's the way I've always heard it. Idk, it may be wrong though.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

I've heard people say it like that. I'm from the Philadelphia suburbs too so maybe it's a regional thing?

holly1414
Debater
Debater

Post by holly1414 »

I've literally NEVER heard it pronounced any way different from how she says it and this ongoing debate about it continues to baffle me.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

Twats, twots. Who cares? It's like saying tomato or tomahto. Everyone says it differently and it's nothing debate worthy about it. Lol

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

In Britain - aka, where the word came from - it's "twat" with an "a", so I think there's reason for being annoyed, more-so because she claims to be such an ~~anglophile yet doesn't pronounce it how it was originally intended.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

I like how she put her tumblr on her business card.

...not

stopthat
Debater
Debater

Post by stopthat »

It was a really bad idea to put her Tumblr and Twitter on the business card. They aren't business related and she's already unprofessional enough on her ~official blog site~ that it's reaaally not gonna help her.

poppythinks
Informer
Informer

Post by poppythinks »

I'm from northern England and I've only ever heard twat pronounced as "twaht", then again I never heard anyone American, besides Rachel, say the word at all.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

HattieChaos wrote:In Britain - aka, where the word came from - it's "twat" with an "a", so I think there's reason for being annoyed, more-so because she claims to be such an ~~anglophile yet doesn't pronounce it how it was originally intended.
I agree. If she's putting Us in words like coloUr, you'd think she'd respect the etymology and pronounce the word as intended.

It really isn't anything to argue about... it's just a minor annoyance. I have a much bigger problem with her going around calling her "friends" twats. It has the same effect as those girls in high school who call their friends bitches. It's classless, in poor taste, and above all, juvenile. But, hey, that's Rachel!

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

Putting tumblr on her card is a weird thing to do since, other than her follower count which no one ever sees, her blog looks like every other blog on the site. She barely posts original content and when she does it's mostly about squeezie, Chris, her friends/ex-friends and "how stupid tumblr is"

Her youtube channel and website should be the only things on there. She should also consider a makeup course or some sort of class so she'll be more qualified aside from applying makeup to her own face. I've done my own makeup for years now but I wouldn't hand out a business card even if I had a shit ton of followers on tumblr.

Hype233
Talker
Talker

Post by Hype233 »

Putting tumblr on her card is a weird thing to do since, other than her follower count which no one ever sees, her blog looks like every other blog on the site. She barely posts original content and when she does it's mostly about squeezie, Chris, her friends/ex-friends and "how stupid tumblr is"

Her youtube channel and website should be the only things on there. She should also consider a makeup course or some sort of class so she'll be more qualified aside from applying makeup to her own face. I've done my own makeup for years now but I wouldn't hand out a business card even if I had a shit ton of followers on tumblr.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”