Charles "Best Out Of Three" Trippy - Part 45

sharna_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Charles "Best Out Of Three" Trippy - Part 45

Post by sharna_ »

Wishesfireworks wrote:They opened a P.O. box cause they're broke and Charles can't afford a new toupee.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sharna_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sharna_ »

Aurora_ wrote:
Summersby wrote:Off topic but does anyone know if Charles lost his hair for a time during/after chemo? Just curious.
No he didn't, he was on a different kind of chemo. He did shave his head once (or twice?) though for the surgeries. And he looked better bald than he does with his current haircut. I actually saw someone refer to it as a 'hitler haircut' in the comments the other day and they were spot on :rofl:
He needs to cut that little bang off and wear a little buzz cut or something... Anything is better than what he has now

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by meowlizzz »

Aurora_ wrote:he looked better bald than he does with his current haircut.
THIS. I said this too. He looked kind of badass with the buzzed look. At least more badass than the fuckery he currently has on his head. He probably has it like that cuz Allie likes it. Thinking about the vlog where he pretends he's going to shave his face and Allie crying in the background, "NO PLEASE DON'T! PLEASE STOP"

sharna_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sharna_ »

meowlizzz wrote:
Aurora_ wrote:he looked better bald than he does with his current haircut.
THIS. I said this too. He looked kind of badass with the buzzed look. At least more badass than the fuckery he currently has on his head. He probably has it like that cuz Allie likes it. Thinking about the vlog where he pretends he's going to shave his face and Allie crying in the background, "NO PLEASE DON'T! PLEASE STOP"
I don't think she cares about his hair honestly just his facial hairs because she didn't care in the older vlogs when he had the shorter cut it was always his beard

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

The baby shower for Valentina is "good" vlog footage and gives Allie something to do with her endless spare time.

It's really weird to me that Charles claims to edit the vlogs, then Allie also claims to edit the vlogs. I'm sure it's actually Allie, but Charles is a CHUMP to take credit for it.

And, YES, his hairstyle totally looks like Hitler's!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (Now I will never get that comparison out of my head)

DirkDiggler
Debater
Debater

Post by DirkDiggler »

Aurora_ wrote:They're even bigger freeloaders than Charles and Allie are! I never thought I'd say that but damn. At least if you give Charles $27 you get a shitty hat as a thank you
I mentioned this in Danny's thread and I agree......Danny boy is the biggest freeloading cheapskate. He's a greedy ass bastard. All those years he's gotten free shit from his viewers/fans and he's never given back. Not once. Charles, otoh, at least has given back to his viewers. He's actually pretty generous with his money - which reminds me.....I remember Charles buying Danny all kinds of stuff i.e. SnapChat glasses, antique DLV letters, mugs, etc. while Danny gives back jack shit. Tight selfish MFer.

sharna_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sharna_ »

DirkDiggler wrote:
Aurora_ wrote:They're even bigger freeloaders than Charles and Allie are! I never thought I'd say that but damn. At least if you give Charles $27 you get a shitty hat as a thank you
I mentioned this in Danny's thread and I agree......Danny boy is the biggest freeloading cheapskate. He's a greedy ass bastard. All those years he's gotten free shit from his viewers/fans and he's never given back. Not once. Charles, otoh, at least has given back to his viewers. He's actually pretty generous with his money - which reminds me.....I remember Charles buying Danny all kinds of stuff i.e. SnapChat glasses, antique DLV letters, mugs, etc. while Danny gives back jack shit. Tight selfish MFer.
Oh wow Charles has given a lot to Danny and Danny doesn't do shit... sad I wouldn't count on him giving Charles nothing in the future either which is just wrong.

Maric
Informer
Informer

Post by Maric »

ewokfan11 wrote:
skittles wrote:Also, Hunter and his wife are having a bb! That's literally all the band members now that have/are having kids. Wouldn't be surprised if WTK really slowed down even more than they already have. Allie really seems like she wants to explore and travel way more before having kids. I hope Charles doesn't pressure her too much with all the baby clickbait stuff.
Now it makes more sense why the band is taking the summer off. Hunter and Caitlin must have known for awhile if they already know it's a boy.

Damn, I bet Charles is pressuring Allie like CRAZY!!! I do feel a bit bad for Allie. She finally got a "nice" lifestyle, but it comes with being click bait and selling #ADs on SM. :roll: :roll:
;) I don't think they took off the summer voluntarily. They most likely weren't offered any profitable tours to join and touring solo is very expensive. I'm sure he has income from WTK, but can't imagine it's enough to live on, I believe all the others have second sources of income and working spouses. In a previous vlog they hinted that they no longer use BC and are leaving babies up to fate. If natural conception doesn't happen, they would use insemination, using his stored sperm, before IVF.
I find nothing wrong with looking for a bargain. Sorry I couldn't stand Allison Speed. She was very unaffectionate, and an over spender. She had a closet of Betsy Johnson dresses she purchased for $150+ each, pricy shoes and cosmetics. She acted more like his business partner than his wife. I certainly see more affection in one vlog than in all the speed vlogs. I'm always amazed that people make a decent living wage with less subs and views than charles.

SuperLurker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SuperLurker »

Maric wrote: ;) I don't think they took off the summer voluntarily. They most likely weren't offered any profitable tours to join and touring solo is very expensive. I'm sure he has income from WTK, but can't imagine it's enough to live on, I believe all the others have second sources of income and working spouses. In a previous vlog they hinted that they no longer use BC and are leaving babies up to fate. If natural conception doesn't happen, they would use insemination, using his stored sperm, before IVF.
I find nothing wrong with looking for a bargain. Sorry I couldn't stand Allison Speed. She was very unaffectionate, and an over spender. She had a closet of Betsy Johnson dresses she purchased for $150+ each, pricy shoes and cosmetics. She acted more like his business partner than his wife. I certainly see more affection in one vlog than in all the speed vlogs. I'm always amazed that people make a decent living wage with less subs and views than charles.
I see nothing wrong with spending money on nice things when you're doing well, but I also see nothing wrong with being frugal with your money, too.

The thing is, for being a "bargain shopper," Allie sure spends a lot of her time shopping at bargain places (every other vlog, they're shopping for something). I'd rather spend a lot of money on a couple high-quality pieces of clothing or accessories than spend the same amount of money on tons of garbage items from Target/Kohl's. Don't even get me started on how much crap Charles buys like children's toys or board games that they use once for a challenge and then sit on a shelf. At least Alli Speed's items were high-end items (I adore her Burberry leather jacket - timeless) that she wears over and over and will last a long time in style and in use. Allie idea of style is to go to the Urban Outfitters' sale rack (over-priced trendy crap even at sale price), and then it falls apart in 6 months. Buying a LOT of bargain stuff doesn't make you a frugal person.

I feel like A2 and A3 have the same spending habits in terms of amount of money, but A3 just buys shit in larger quantity. I don't remember A2 having many expensive items, but they were quite expensive.

Regarding having kids, I feel like their clickbait video about how and when they were going to go about having kids was very vague. I don't remember them saying explicitly that they had stopped using birth control, but said things like, "We're talking about having kids," and "We'll see what happens." Really, I think this was just to generate more discussion and to get more views.

Allie does seem more affectionate... now. But at the beginning she was all about insulting Charles and swearing (remember when they were at Sundance and she drunkenly made fun of how he ended the vlogs?). I think the feelings were reversed with Alli; she was loving at the beginning, and then the pressure of being married at a young age to a man-child with cancer who didn't want to take care of himself eventually got to her.

I'm sure this came off as if I'm attacking you, Maric, but I just disagree with almost everything that you wrote. I'll give you that WTK is a Z-list band that doesn't make a ton of money (unless you're Travis, the songwriter).

Bugman22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bugman22 »

Maric wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
skittles wrote:Also, Hunter and his wife are having a bb! That's literally all the band members now that have/are having kids. Wouldn't be surprised if WTK really slowed down even more than they already have. Allie really seems like she wants to explore and travel way more before having kids. I hope Charles doesn't pressure her too much with all the baby clickbait stuff.
Now it makes more sense why the band is taking the summer off. Hunter and Caitlin must have known for awhile if they already know it's a boy.

Damn, I bet Charles is pressuring Allie like CRAZY!!! I do feel a bit bad for Allie. She finally got a "nice" lifestyle, but it comes with being click bait and selling #ADs on SM. :roll: :roll:
;) I don't think they took off the summer voluntarily. They most likely weren't offered any profitable tours to join and touring solo is very expensive. I'm sure he has income from WTK, but can't imagine it's enough to live on, I believe all the others have second sources of income and working spouses. In a previous vlog they hinted that they no longer use BC and are leaving babies up to fate. If natural conception doesn't happen, they would use insemination, using his stored sperm, before IVF.
I took a music business class a long time ago. And my professor once said that bands playing these small venues are barely making any money. Now yeah. Who knows how relevant that is today. But I'm sure each show they have to pay so much with travel and the crew. So I'm sure they wouldn't tour if it wasn't profitable.

And yeah i dont know. Maybe speed just showed her affection a different way. I mean. She did go through Charles during his surgeries. Maybe that's part of the day they chose not to vlog. Regardless if he's happier today with Wes, hats off to him.

What's ultimately getting Charles is the 8 years of repetitiveness. Yeah I know life can be like that. But it's his job. He decides to put his life up there and it leaves him open to criticism. Yes it may suck to get mean comments and no one deserves it. Unfortunately that's just how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

empressofgoodwill
Lurker
Lurker

Post by empressofgoodwill »

Just curious, does anyone know what Hunter does for a job outside of WTK? I get Coley is playing gigs, Travis working on songs,Charles and Danny vlog, but I don't really know anything about Hunter, he seems to keep his distance from everyone unless they have a show.

sadsong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sadsong »

He freelances in something and I can't for the life of me remember what. I think it's a trade.

I love hunter. He's real as shit. But him having everyone but Charles included in his wedding party even burned me :rofl: there have been instances in the last few years where he hasn't been unable to even hide his disdain for Charles on his face during blogs, but during the more recent tour he appears to have calmed down in his hatred.

Amanda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Amanda »

sadsong wrote:He freelances in something and I can't for the life of me remember what. I think it's a trade.

I love hunter. He's real as shit. But him having everyone but Charles included in his wedding party even burned me :rofl: there have been instances in the last few years where he hasn't been unable to even hide his disdain for Charles on his face during blogs, but during the more recent tour he appears to have calmed down in his hatred.
Haha yeah, anytime Hunter was in the vlogs I hadn't a clue what was going on as I was always too busy watching for those expressions you mentioned :rofl:

veronicasays-
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by veronicasays- »

“ They will be giving us the RV for two weeks. ”
This entire trip is going to be a sponsored two week long fucking escapade for them. Doubtful we'll have a coupon code for this. They might've said they had nearly 1.5 million followers but forgot to mention they only have 15,000-30,000 people watching.

The PO Box was certainly out of left field.
Maybe they're hoping for belated wedding gifts and more PR/sponsored products. It's to the point that the vlogs are turning into a 10 minute commercial.

Nicktoon
Talker
Talker

Post by Nicktoon »

sadsong wrote:He freelances in something and I can't for the life of me remember what. I think it's a trade.

I could be totally wrong about this, but wasn't Charles asked and then declined because he was afraid of having a seizure in front of everyone? I could have sworn he said this in one of the vlogs around that time. I completely agree wbout hunter - he seems really cool and down to earth, if he'd start vlogging again I'd probably try to find time to watch them. Weird to think he's childhood friends with dramaqueen Travis lol

Nicktoon
Talker
Talker

Post by Nicktoon »

Can't edit my last post for some reason (?), anyway - I was wrong, Charles didn't even mention anything about seziures around Hunter's wedding. I could have sworn he did but he didn't even film the procession. You can see in Travis vlog that he's the only WTK not in the front. Kinda weird if he wouldn't even have been asked...

Also, why on earth are his pants SAGGING at the wedding???? and at Travis wedding??? Dude... I get it, it's your style and that's cool and all, but you've got to pull up your pants atleast for weddings because that looks absolutely ridiculous, I can't believe no one told you that. You do not have that long of a torso and your legs look about 2 feet tall in photos. If you're gonna have them that low then you shouldn't even bother tucking them in with a belt - it gives off the wrong silhouette for you body and looks really weird. All that extra fat on your hips go above your belt rather than around/under and it just looks weird and makes your abdominal fat even more prominent. I used to have a bf that did that all the time and kept telling him to atleast pull them up for formal occasions, he was so annoyed that I didn't respect his style but guess who thanked me years later once he realized what he looked like??? lol.

Miss Sunshine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Miss Sunshine »

Well, I guess recording opening fan mail will certainly fill in half of his boring ass vlogs

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

I always got the feeling Hunter wasn't too fond of Charles because Charles took his brother's spot in the band. I could be wrong about that, but it's something I vaguely remember from around the time he joined WTKs.

Sort off topic, but super interesting. Jesse was a guest on The Hive with Nate Bilton podcast back in June, and I just got around to listening to it this morning. He mentions Charles a few times and it's REALLY interesting to listen to what he has to say about YT, daily vloggers, ads, future of YT, etc. Jesse even thinks Charles should quit daily vlogging! Worth listening to if you have 48 minutes. It's the June 9 episode:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ins ... 83877?mt=2

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

veronicasays- wrote:“ They will be giving us the RV for two weeks. ”
This entire trip is going to be a sponsored two week long fucking escapade for them. Doubtful we'll have a coupon code for this. They might've said they had nearly 1.5 million followers but forgot to mention they only have 15,000-30,000 people watching.
They only have the RV for two weeks? I guess that really limits where they go - or they are going to be driving A LOT and seeing very little along the way. RVs are slower than cars and they'll have to make extra stops for the dogs. I don't see them making it all the way to Yosemite or Glacier National Parks. I was wondering if his goal was to drive to Shay's house, but that's probably not doable if they have to make it there and back to Tampa in 14 days. If they do, they are going to be exhausted from this trip!!

sharna_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sharna_ »

Nicktoon wrote:Can't edit my last post for some reason (?), anyway - I was wrong, Charles didn't even mention anything about seziures around Hunter's wedding. I could have sworn he did but he didn't even film the procession. You can see in Travis vlog that he's the only WTK not in the front. Kinda weird if he wouldn't even have been asked...

Also, why on earth are his pants SAGGING at the wedding???? and at Travis wedding??? Dude... I get it, it's your style and that's cool and all, but you've got to pull up your pants atleast for weddings because that looks absolutely ridiculous, I can't believe no one told you that. You do not have that long of a torso and your legs look about 2 feet tall in photos. If you're gonna have them that low then you shouldn't even bother tucking them in with a belt - it gives off the wrong silhouette for you body and looks really weird. All that extra fat on your hips go above your belt rather than around/under and it just looks weird and makes your abdominal fat even more prominent. I used to have a bf that did that all the time and kept telling him to atleast pull them up for formal occasions, he was so annoyed that I didn't respect his style but guess who thanked me years later once he realized what he looked like??? lol.
I agree. Allie even told him when he got the suit to pull his pants up and then she told him again on the wedding day! The sagging pants isn't even a style anymore...shouldn't have ever been one imo I wish he would just stop and pull them up lol

Return to “Charles Trippy”