CaseyLavere/HeyKayli - Part 3

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CaseyLavere/HeyKayli - Part 3

Post by ewokfan11 »

starlight7 wrote:I know there's a policy that garments can be taken off while exercising and swimming so the standards don't really apply to that.

But those skirts are really SHORT. I literally felt uncomfortable watching and I have nothing to do with modesty. If they were grown women I wouldn't care but those are practically still kids. Way to sexualize pre-teen girls. :?
Kids don't wear garments. The get them after their endowment ceremony - for guys that's before they go on their mission (about 18) and women it's typically just before marriage. Remember when Carlie went to the temple with her parents before she married Jackson?? That's when she FIRST got hers - and she was 28-ish.

I do think cheer is pretty ridiculous, but it's REALLY popular where they live. I think they want their girls to be "popular" and attractive to get good husbands. :roll: :roll:

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

ewokfan11 wrote:
starlight7 wrote:I know there's a policy that garments can be taken off while exercising and swimming so the standards don't really apply to that.

But those skirts are really SHORT. I literally felt uncomfortable watching and I have nothing to do with modesty. If they were grown women I wouldn't care but those are practically still kids. Way to sexualize pre-teen girls. :?
Kids don't wear garments. The get them after their endowment ceremony - for guys that's before they go on their mission (about 18) and women it's typically just before marriage. Remember when Carlie went to the temple with her parents before she married Jackson?? That's when she FIRST got hers - and she was 28-ish.

I do think cheer is pretty ridiculous, but it's REALLY popular where they live. I think they want their girls to be "popular" and attractive to get good husbands. :roll: :roll:
I watched an endowment ceremony that someone secretly filmed and posted to youtube and it was EERIE and weird as fuck.

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

Oh I know kids don't wear garments, I was answering to the the poster above me but I wasn't being clear I guess. I was talking more hypothetically, adults wouldn't wear them during sports performances. Mormons tend to teach their kids from a young age how to dress appropriate for when they start wearing garments, so that wouldn't apply to cheer anyway.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

2candy2 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

I watched an endowment ceremony that someone secretly filmed and posted to youtube and it was EERIE and weird as fuck.
Supposedly the "sealing" ceremony is equally weird and creepy. There are some interesting "hidden camera" videos on YT, but they seem so cult-like that I wonder if the are real.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:

Oh, I know kids don't wear garments. Just sayin'.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

boop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by boop »

2candy2 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

Now I feel like I have to watch that haha.

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

ajlinda wrote:I wonder if the dentist didn't need to do a root canal and just wanted the money. No one would even know if he didn't get one. They should have gotten a second opinion.
I highly doubt this. I worked at a pediatric dentist office. Insurance wants solid proof, especially on hospital cases. You have to send in x-rays and often intraoral photos during treatment.
If you didn't have that, insurance wouldn't pay for it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

Re: Cheerleading:

My theory:

I think cheer fits into many of the Mormon norms and their agenda. While the girls might not be dressed modestly, cheerleading is an innocent way to start sexualizing girls, begin to awaken sexual desire in boys, and start priming them all for the marriage and babies that will soon come.

Also, considering Mormons love women being traditional roles, it's like cheerleading is a throwback to the 50's. It's not like cheerleading is thought of as being a serious sport, or even a sport that, if done well, could lead to college scholarships when the girls are older. Instead, it's all about being cute, thin, and popular.

At the least Butler girls are kind and humble enough to not turn into the kind of stereotypical, bitchy cheerleader we've all seen in movies and TV.

sparkles
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sparkles »

ja14 wrote:
ajlinda wrote:I wonder if the dentist didn't need to do a root canal and just wanted the money. No one would even know if he didn't get one. They should have gotten a second opinion.
I highly doubt this. I worked at a pediatric dentist office. Insurance wants solid proof, especially on hospital cases. You have to send in x-rays and often intraoral photos during treatment.
If you didn't have that, insurance wouldn't pay for it.

Plus Casey had said that the cavity had gotten so bad there was nothing else they could do.

I can't imagine how they let it get so bad? Were they not looking at his teeth? Poor guy it probably hurt n they hurt even worse when you eat something sweet n thats all they give em.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

What dentist would want to do a root canal on a three year old if not absolutely necessary?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Presence wrote:Re: Cheerleading:

My theory:

I think cheer fits into many of the Mormon norms and their agenda. While the girls might not be dressed modestly, cheerleading is an innocent way to start sexualizing girls, begin to awaken sexual desire in boys, and start priming them all for the marriage and babies that will soon come.

Also, considering Mormons love women being traditional roles, it's like cheerleading is a throwback to the 50's. It's not like cheerleading is thought of as being a serious sport, or even a sport that, if done well, could lead to college scholarships when the girls are older. Instead, it's all about being cute, thin, and popular.

At the least Butler girls are kind and humble enough to not turn into the kind of stereotypical, bitchy cheerleader we've all seen in movies and TV.
I agree with most of this...but then there is Carlie. Worst role model ever. She was all about cheer and pageants and the younger girls look up to her. Carlie should be thanking her lucky stars her brother got YT famous. She'd be in a trailer and living off food stamps if it wasn't for Shay.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

ewokfan11 wrote: I agree with most of this...but then there is Carlie. Worst role model ever. She was all about cheer and pageants and the younger girls look up to her. Carlie should be thanking her lucky stars her brother got YT famous. She'd be in a trailer and living off food stamps if it wasn't for Shay.
But do the younger girls still look up to her? They did when they were little--back before Carlie became obsessed with finding a husband.

I would guess, when they were little girls (and Carlie was also younger), they admired her beauty, her quirkiness, and her teenage accomplishments. I doubt the girls were judging her for her relationship choices.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Presence wrote:Re: Cheerleading:

My theory:

Actually, some colleges do offer scholarships for cheerleading. But I agree with a lot of what you said.
Avia at least was still looking up to Carlie when she was dating Jackson. She had to do a project for school about someone she admired or a role model or something like that, and she chose Carlie. I think Colette was kinda hurt.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

lmmomSD wrote: Actually, some colleges do offer scholarships for cheerleading. But I agree with a lot of what you said.
Avia at least was still looking up to Carlie when she was dating Jackson. She had to do a project for school about someone she admired or a role model or something like that, and she chose Carlie. I think Colette was kinda hurt.
Yeah, I know colleges give scholarships for cheerleading. There's also some schools that give full scholarships for cheer as well. And that's my point; these people don't seem to understand cheer could be something so much more beneficial than just a girl's introduction into becoming a desirable woman.

But, alas, the words "college" and "scholarship" are way too foreign for the Butlers.

I forgot about that school project. I hope Avia has come to her senses since then.

_flowerpower_
Informer
Informer

Post by _flowerpower_ »

Yeah the sealing ceremony is weird, they never mention the word "love". Also in the endowment ceremony they are given a secret name, the wife has to tell hers to her husband but she can't know his.

BTW, the "secret" name isn't so secret. They are given according to the day of the month they had their endowment ceremony. We know the day Carlie had hers, you can google it and know her secret name. :tu:

ja14
Informer
Informer

Post by ja14 »

_flowerpower_ wrote:Yeah the sealing ceremony is weird, they never mention the word "love". Also in the endowment ceremony they are given a secret name, the wife has to tell hers to her husband but she can't know his.

BTW, the "secret" name isn't so secret. They are given according to the day of the month they had their endowment ceremony. We know the day Carlie had hers, you can google it and know her secret name. :tu:
What exactly is the point of the name thing?

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

ja14 wrote:
_flowerpower_ wrote:Yeah the sealing ceremony is weird, they never mention the word "love". Also in the endowment ceremony they are given a secret name, the wife has to tell hers to her husband but she can't know his.

What exactly is the point of the name thing?

As I understand it, and correct me if I am wrong, any LDS members, it's so her husband can call her from her grave and whisk her off to their planet when the Rapture occurs.

_flowerpower_
Informer
Informer

Post by _flowerpower_ »

I have no idea but maybe is because not everyone is supposed to enter to the VIP heaven so you can't just use your name, you are given a new "unique" name and the password so you can enter. And you need to be mormon for that, but not any mormon, a righteous mormon. Like Ra... i mean Carlie.

ajlinda
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ajlinda »

I didn't watch the video but there is lot of Medicaid fraud. I know they don't have Medicaid but that's what makes the local news. A dentist wouldn't do a root canal but charge them anyway.
From Massachusetts gov site:
Newton Dentist to Pay $475,000 to MassHealth over Alleged Improper Billing at 21 Massachusetts Dental Offices

BOSTON – A Newton dentist has agreed to pay $475,000 to the state’s Medicaid program (MassHealth) to resolve allegations of improper billing for dental work performed at 21 dental offices, Attorney General Maura Healey announced today.
...... Another one.

A review of MassHealth payment information and the files of just 40 of the 357 MassHealth members seen by Dr. Haghayegh between 2008 and 2011 found repeat patterns of the dentist obtaining payment for dental procedures contrary to MassHealth regulations.

Findings included:

1,429 unallowable detailed oral screenings, intended for patients receiving radiation therapy, chemotherapy or organ transplants. The dental patients for which Dr. Haghayegh submitted claims were not undergoing any of these procedures;
865 claims for dental services including X-rays, fillings, and denture repairs that were not documented in member files;
259 oral evaluations in excess of MassHealth limits;
176 claims for “dental enhancement fees,” payments meant for more general health centers to improve their dental services;
13 cases of Dr. Haghayegh circumventing MassHealth limits on denture replacements by instead replacing every tooth in the denture individually;
98 tooth restorations in excess of state limits.
In addition, the audit identified 95 claims for medically excessive fluoride treatments. In one specific example, Dr. Haghayegh billed 53 fluoride treatments in a 12-month period for a single child-aged member. According to guidelines set by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, a dentist should provide no more than four fluoride treatments in a year.
During the four year audit period MassHealth paid Dr. Haghayegh $912,167 for more than 10,000 claims of service.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

So Gage had a birthday party to go to but no one had time to go with him present shopping. Casey goes to Trixin and grabs a bag full of crap merch. Poor birthday kid.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”