PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 3

rememberthis
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 3

Post by rememberthis »

idontthinkso wrote:In light of everything that has been said, if you watch this video their dysfunction is REALLY evident. I didn't really see it then, I thought it was playful banter, and part of it was, but now I can see how it was probably hiding deeper arguments.

Josh is offended/upset most of the time, and desperately tries to hide it.
Good find - the ending is super awkward to watch now, and IMO highlights what a bad match they were. Colleen is someone who's happiest when joking around and not taking things too seriously, and Josh is the type to take things seriously and be super hurt when others don't. If either one of them was different in that regard it wouldn't be so bad - my initial reaction to the ending was that he was taking things too seriously, since Colleen clearly didn't mean any offense in joking about how obviously he won because he wrote the questions. But if she had bent his way a little and congratulated him for winning or whatever he wanted, things would've been ok too. Just a poor fit.

For more dysfunction: I think this was from when they were engaged and they just do nooot seem happy.

myloginname
Learner
Learner

Post by myloginname »

Ned Pro wrote:
justaspark wrote:
OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:
purplequeen wrote:So in the UK you apparently earn 0.03pence per 100 views on YT so given that her divorce vid has had almost 7 million views she made (or would have made) around £2000 so far.

I'd love to know how much she was/is being paid by netflix, that house is a £20k per month mortage, plus she gave away £20k to charity, bought her dad a brand new car, all the holidays etc

Also, OT but I find it strange that Jenna Marbles isn't lounging around in a huge LA mansion by now, she must be a millionaire but still lives in an ugly orange rental house with a garden like a wasteland junkyard. Not even a goddamn pool y'all. Everybody has a pool in the US of A, right!' :tu:
YouTube earnings vary, depends on the ads... and you get better ads the higher your profile (hence the earning figures variance on social blade). TBH 7 Million views would pay more than $2000

How do you know that's actually where Jenna lives? Any millionaire youtuber in their right mind would have a filming "location" home and keep their private home life under wraps ;)
Makes a lot of sense! Didn't some lady find Jenna's address and go there with her kids? I would've kept filming in a dark, ambiguously located basement after experiencing that!

As someone here noted JOSH monetized his "Heartbreak" video. Colleen did NOT monetize her "Life Update" video.
I personally don't have a problem with it and to add to it I think Colleen should also have her video monetized. As YouTube is their job who wants to work for free? But as to why I think Colleen should monetize her video (if she has indeed chosen not to.) I think Colleen is talented and that Miranda's character is funny but that character I believe has a very finite shelf life. Make hay while the sun shines because one day she will be unable to continue delivering that character. Colleen's real talent is in singing which she hasn't fostered as much. I see her on Broadway. As for Josh he has in a sense been made homeless. I assume he is with his parents and if so it isn't where you see yourself living in your 30's. His YouTube career is tied to Colleen's and he needs to now make sure his brand thrives without her. I'm sure he is concerned. I think they both need to look at their futures and assess where it is going. Money is a necessary tool to make it through this life. I think Josh's wake up call arrived but I believe Colleen's is still to come,

klovada
Learner
Learner

Post by klovada »

Colleen seems like she's doing okay based on her snapchat. I'm really thinking she's gonna post a video tomorrow. I could be totally wrong but I just have a feeling she will. The release of HBO is a week from tomorrow. Time is of the essense, and she still has a hell of a lot of promoting to do that Netflix probably wants and is asking for.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

klovada wrote:Colleen seems like she's doing okay based on her snapchat. I'm really thinking she's gonna post a video tomorrow. I could be totally wrong but I just have a feeling she will. The release of HBO is a week from tomorrow. Time is of the essense, and she still has a hell of a lot of promoting to do that Netflix probably wants and is asking for.
I don't have Snapchat, so I don't see what she is doing, but I agree with you. She HAS to post something before HBO comes out. I would think she is bound by contract to do so.

rememberthis
Talker
Talker

Post by rememberthis »

I hope she does post a video tomorrow. I do feel bad for her that all of this is going down when she should be promoting the show she's worked super hard on. As much as she annoys me sometimes, I would really like to see a happier video from her soon since the last time we saw her was so sad. I agree that she's probably doing ok now, based on her snaps, or at least ok enough to be able to hold it together for a more positive video.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

She recently posted a pic to IG with Parker, Jacob and Bailey.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BLO_j1UDv2Q/

JaneAusten
Learner
Learner

Post by JaneAusten »

myloginname wrote:
Ned Pro wrote:
justaspark wrote:
OtherwiseKnownAsWIR wrote:
purplequeen wrote:So in the UK you apparently earn 0.03pence per 100 views on YT so given that her divorce vid has had almost 7 million views she made (or would have made) around £2000 so far.

I'd love to know how much she was/is being paid by netflix, that house is a £20k per month mortage, plus she gave away £20k to charity, bought her dad a brand new car, all the holidays etc

Also, OT but I find it strange that Jenna Marbles isn't lounging around in a huge LA mansion by now, she must be a millionaire but still lives in an ugly orange rental house with a garden like a wasteland junkyard. Not even a goddamn pool y'all. Everybody has a pool in the US of A, right!' :tu:
YouTube earnings vary, depends on the ads... and you get better ads the higher your profile (hence the earning figures variance on social blade). TBH 7 Million views would pay more than $2000

How do you know that's actually where Jenna lives? Any millionaire youtuber in their right mind would have a filming "location" home and keep their private home life under wraps ;)
Makes a lot of sense! Didn't some lady find Jenna's address and go there with her kids? I would've kept filming in a dark, ambiguously located basement after experiencing that!

As someone here noted JOSH monetized his "Heartbreak" video. Colleen did NOT monetize her "Life Update" video.
I personally don't have a problem with it and to add to it I think Colleen should also have her video monetized. As YouTube is their job who wants to work for free? But as to why I think Colleen should monetize her video (if she has indeed chosen not to.) I think Colleen is talented and that Miranda's character is funny but that character I believe has a very finite shelf life. Make hay while the sun shines because one day she will be unable to continue delivering that character. Colleen's real talent is in singing which she hasn't fostered as much. I see her on Broadway. As for Josh he has in a sense been made homeless. I assume he is with his parents and if so it isn't where you see yourself living in your 30's. His YouTube career is tied to Colleen's and he needs to now make sure his brand thrives without her. I'm sure he is concerned. I think they both need to look at their futures and assess where it is going. Money is a necessary tool to make it through this life. I think Josh's wake up call arrived but I believe Colleen's is still to come,
Am I the only on who thinks she isn't that good at singing? I have to skip through the video every time she pulls out that f*cking ukulele. She can sing in tune but that's it. She has a music teacher voice.

She got fired from her job at Disney because her singing wasn't up to scratch. She said it was because she kept "doing Miranda". Cool story Colleen. There’s no way she regularly performed badly at her job on purpose as an “in joke” with one or two people in the audience, unless she's a weapons grade idiot.

Fruitcake
Learner
Learner

Post by Fruitcake »

She's also posting as Miranda on twitter!

I remember watching that vlog, when Josh's grandfather died. I assumed she had to stay in Hawaii for some business, but no... She could have gone with him. And, of course, she filmed herself crying. I've noticed that whenever she gets emotional it's like... she vents about it and she's over it and ready for something else like a few seconds later...

It was very telling, indeed, how everything she loved about Josh was actually about her. How you make me feel, how you're always telling me I'm beautiful...

That's actually more or less what she said at their wedding, before reading her vows. Yeah, the vows she didn't even write...

She has some good qualities, but her egocentrism and selfishness make her completely unappealing as a partner to me. I think Josh would have ended burned out at some point. He gave and gave and she just took and took. Everything is about her. That drains your energy.

Oh, the 'Most likely to' challenge... :? It was around that time when she started looking increasingly disrespectful, bored and over the top self-absorbed. Not long after that, she would yawn every single time while Josh was talking -he would always pointed it out and she would just laugh-. It was depressing and annoying.

Just a little example. This video is less than 5 minutes long, yet she yawns at least three times when he's talking. She did it all the freaking time, no joking.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Fruitcake on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is my second language!

klovada
Learner
Learner

Post by klovada »

I hope there are some people who have started to copy/download the wedding/proposal video and super romantic Joshleen vlogs because those have a shelf life at this point. If the proposal video (josh's channel) and wedding video (colleen's channel) aren't both deleted by january, at that point they're just keeping them up for money and that would just be distasteful IMO.

As much as Josh might NEED the money, I don't think he's going to see it as worth it if it's killing his mental health to see those vlogs and the proposal video in his archive. I'm emotionally turned like he is and I know it would rip my gut out if I did.

KittyCatBlanket
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by KittyCatBlanket »

I feel very bad for Joshua. I use to watch both of their channel, and even though I've always found him boring he seemed like a good guy with his heart on his sleeve. I'm not surprised that he's friends with Julian Solomita, who is a great guy. TBH I think this divorce is a blessing in disguise. She was never home and she was treating him like crap in her videos, especially when Kory was around. Both of them clearly wanted different things ( I remember all the vlogs of Joshua looking at baby clothes at Target, poor guy) so it's for the best.

I was watching Gabbie and I found a video from September 22nd where you can briefly see Colleen going to the Dirty30 afterparty with "The Ballingers". Meanwhile Joshua was probably at home crying his heart out. His father married them, can you imagine?

iloveeyoursmile
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by iloveeyoursmile »

i refuse to admit colleen is like 29/30/how ever old she is bc she acts like a high school, complete with the immaturity and bitchy attitude. out of all the ballinger siblings, the only one i can tolerate is christopher. rachel is just as annoying (if not more) than colleen.

an earlier poster said something about the miranda shows becoming less popular... i'm not surprised since she goes to the same cities like 3 times each year! how much new content can she create. i know i definitely wouldn't want to see her show if i JUST saw it a few months ago. i wonder what she's going to do when HBO flops and miranda starts to fade.

Peppers
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peppers »

Not bashing Josh at all or saying he is clingy, but I've always noticed he's been kinda overprotective of Colleen in his vlogs.

I can't find the specific videos but there's a lot of times he would get annoyed if he thought she was showing too much skin or acting too sexual.
Just seemed really insecure to me at the time, and insecurity is an attraction-killer

sasquatch
Learner
Learner

Post by sasquatch »

someone on twitter pointed out that Josh tagged his recent video with colleen. Interesting.

[tweet][/tweet]
English is my first language. I don't know where I was going with this.

NicoleThePickle
Debater
Debater

Post by NicoleThePickle »

sasquatch wrote:someone on twitter pointed out that Josh tagged his recent video with colleen. Interesting.

[tweet][/tweet]
He also still follows her on instagram for some reason.

klovada
Learner
Learner

Post by klovada »

sasquatch wrote:someone on twitter pointed out that Josh tagged his recent video with colleen. Interesting.

[tweet][/tweet]
This is honestly just sad. I think he's terrified over losing a massive amount of views from not being in Colleen's life anymore - considering most people watched his stuff to get more Colleen. Still....watching him continue to tag 'Colleen Ballinger' in his videos is like watching a cringe compilation in slow motion.

klovada
Learner
Learner

Post by klovada »

[tweet][/tweet]
This is honestly just sad. I think he's terrified over losing a massive amount of views from not being in Colleen's life anymore - considering most people watched his stuff to get more Colleen. Still....watching him continue to tag 'Colleen Ballinger' in his videos is like watching a cringe compilation in slow motion.

Fruitcake
Learner
Learner

Post by Fruitcake »

[tweet][/tweet]

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

NicoleThePickle wrote:

[tweet][/tweet]
He also still follows her on instagram for some reason.
Colleen still follows Josh on Instagram too. It's all very odd to me but meh they confused me most days anyway. They say one thing than do another. But people handle break ups their own way.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

Fruitcake wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
What the hell is that for? Yeah sucks you're going through a divorce but I wouldn't say divorce is "weird" her cryptic posts are bugging me lol.

Fruitcake
Learner
Learner

Post by Fruitcake »

Onyxmom90 wrote:
Fruitcake wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
What the hell is that for? Yeah sucks you're going through a divorce but I wouldn't say divorce is "weird" her cryptic posts are bugging me lol.
Exactly! Weird???

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”