PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 2

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 2

Post by idontthinkso »

This might actually be Josh's ticket to being his own person and finding his creativity and his own way of expressing himself without subconsciously feeling in Colleen's shadow.

In that video he says that the girl he went to therapy for (Colleen of course) played with his heart... this makes me mad, and it matched with the theories according to which Colleen is an attention seeker and needs to know people are crazy about her. I hope he heals healthily during his time away, I really do.

On another note, do any of you understand what he says right before '...not involve me anymore' in his divorce video? It's towards the end and it's when he breaks down a little bit. I don't understand what that full sentence is. Help?

EmmyRed
Learner
Learner

Post by EmmyRed »

Going back and watching the wedding, I caught something that I didn't catch last year, when they're all around the fire that night a woman says "You two are proof that marriage can withstand anything" Now, I know Colleen said they've always been rocky and after MTV she said "Yes. Of course we have fights" But that woman's comment makes it obvious that there's been more than 'Oh, of course we fight sometimes"

I also caught that Josh's sister and sister in law made the comment about putting the past behind them and "Evans women are gonna stick together" or something of the sort.

That's an insight that no one paid attention to at the time. I don't expect to ever know the whole story, because of course that's their business. It's just after you know they're gonna end up divorced, you notice things you didn't before.

EmmyRed
Learner
Learner

Post by EmmyRed »

Going back and watching the wedding, I caught something that I didn't catch last year, when they're all around the fire that night a woman says "You two are proof that marriage can withstand anything" Now, I know Colleen said they've always been rocky and after MTV she said "Yes. Of course we have fights" But that woman's comment makes it obvious that there's been more than 'Oh, of course we fight sometimes"

I also caught that Josh's sister and sister in law made the comment about putting the past behind them and "Evans women are gonna stick together" or something of the sort.

That's an insight that no one paid attention to at the time. I don't expect to ever know the whole story, because of course that's their business. It's just after you know they're gonna end up divorced, you notice things you didn't before.

niko88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by niko88 »

This is all speculation, but I feel like Josh confided in Rebecca during Playlist and when Rebecca not-so-subtly brought it up to Colleen, it all hit the fan so to speak.

The reasons for divorce didn't shock me but I was surprised, because I got into them as a couple and also because my husband and I got married a month after them and it's just weird to think about splitting up from my husband at all (we're expecting, too, so we're in a much different place than Colleen and Josh). For Colleen, her career came first always and forevermore and while Josh would always support her, I don't blame him for wanting her to stay home for more than a couple days every few months. Especially for a first year of marriage ... to spend basically most of it apart never helps if there's issues.

As much as they hated that house they were renting, I found they had their happiest moments there and when they bought that huge mansion, but barely spent any time in it together, it didn't help anything. I feel so bad for Josh, I feel like no matter what he was in it for the long haul but Colleen, realizing her priorities, knew she could never make him feel happy or secure.

astridonovan
Learner
Learner

Post by astridonovan »

I finally got around to watching the official haters back off trailer. It had me laughing. Hopefully it's that funny throughout the series, because dare I say it.... I might actually enjoy it.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

idontthinkso wrote:This might actually be Josh's ticket to being his own person and finding his creativity and his own way of expressing himself without subconsciously feeling in Colleen's shadow.

In that video he says that the girl he went to therapy for (Colleen of course) played with his heart... this makes me mad, and it matched with the theories according to which Colleen is an attention seeker and needs to know people are crazy about her. I hope he heals healthily during his time away, I really do.

On another note, do any of you understand what he says right before '...not involve me anymore' in his divorce video? It's towards the end and it's when he breaks down a little bit. I don't understand what that full sentence is. Help?
He said I wish nothing but success and happiness for her, then he gets choked up and says "and that just doesn't involve me anymore" He's saying that he no longer brings her happiness. I cried so hard I felt so sorry for him cause it's clear she was the love of his life.

myloginname
Learner
Learner

Post by myloginname »

EmmyRed wrote:Going back and watching the wedding, I caught something that I didn't catch last year, when they're all around the fire that night a woman says "You two are proof that marriage can withstand anything" Now, I know Colleen said they've always been rocky and after MTV she said "Yes. Of course we have fights" But that woman's comment makes it obvious that there's been more than 'Oh, of course we fight sometimes"

I also noticed that Josh's friend Charlie (I think is his name) at 13:26 referring to when Josh met Colleen and Josh had told Charlie that Colleen was the one for him that Charlie was initially scared that Josh might get hurt.

lesmis4
Informer
Informer

Post by lesmis4 »

I just can't get over the fact that they will still have to see each other regularly if Josh's sister and Colleen's cousin get married. That would be SO awkward! Their families will still be connected, just not in the way they originally were.

I also wonder how they were able to explain the situation to Bailey and Jacob and Parker. They all seemed to really love Josh, so it must be hard for them to hear he won't be around anymore. :(

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso »

Onyxmom90 wrote:
idontthinkso wrote:This might actually be Josh's ticket to being his own person and finding his creativity and his own way of expressing himself without subconsciously feeling in Colleen's shadow.

He said I wish nothing but success and happiness for her, then he gets choked up and says "and that just doesn't involve me anymore" He's saying that he no longer brings her happiness. I cried so hard I felt so sorry for him cause it's clear she was the love of his life.
Ouch :(

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 »

I think marriage can magnify problems in a relationship. I don't know either of them beyond their online personas, but I think that's what has happened here.

It's like thinking having a baby will solve your problems...getting married won't solve the foundation issues that are there...it makes them more pronounced. I'm not even 30 yet and I've already seen 2 couples in my circle that were together for years before, got married and then promptly got divorced a year or two later...it's more common than you think...It's just sad all the way around :(

klovada
Learner
Learner

Post by klovada »

I think I know when Colleen filmed her divorce video. You guys remember when Colleen tweeted out a sad face like a week ago? It's deleted now. I think she posted that right after filming the video.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

As douchey as Josh is, he clearly put his energy and love towards Colleen so much so that he put such a majority of his own interests aside. I did this in an 11 year relationship and though 7 years removed now from it, I feel for Josh. He was following his heart.

I find Colleen to be a business person who goes for that over the closer, whole aspects to life. She's a really good business person, but when it crosses the lines of her very long relationship to Josh, I find it so sad. There CAN be a balance and it doesn't have to wreck a relationship. Colleen may never learn that, but I have high hopes for Josh and I hope he will eventually find his way.

The Ballingers are kind of like a fungus. It starts of small, grows and then infects some damn shit. At least that's my take on it. I welcome anyone who happens to disagree because I am just that open.

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

rj34 wrote:Erin posted this an hour ago. I'm curious to see this vid!

I'm sorry but I don't give a fuck about her. I know Josh probably thought it was a good idea to not let the channel die while he took time away but I can't help but think his sister is mooching off his following. I'm gonna unsub. I didn't subscribe to this channel to watch this Erin person (nice as she may be), I subbed for Josh and let's be real, I mostly cared about the stuff he did with Colleen.
XOXO

justaspark
Talker
Talker

Post by justaspark »

I ran into this in my recommended.

[youtube][/youtube]

You see... this is the kind of shit that makes me dislike this lady. I know this says boyfriend and they were already married, but who else are people going to think of first? She's clearly trying to make Josh look bad for click bait.

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles »

Ugh watching old videos just makes me feel worse for Josh. He proposed to her on HIS birthday. The engagement ring's stone was his great grandmother's. I just hope he finds a nice, non-YouTube person who wont scoff at his romance and passion or degrade him constantly. I think she needs to be with a workaholic, someone whois super type A and always moving, and he needs to be with someone more laidback but still hardworking. They were just mismatched from the start.

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

I've been watching old videos of them non stop and it makes me so sad. The way he loves her is so intense. Maybe that was their demise? He's so sweet though, I feel so sorry for him. (I feel sorry for Colleen too but it looks like she's the one pulling the strings here so at the end of the day, she chose this.)
XOXO

budofly
Debater
Debater

Post by budofly »

skittles wrote:Ugh watching old videos just makes me feel worse for Josh. He proposed to her on HIS birthday. The engagement ring's stone was his great grandmother's. I just hope he finds a nice, non-YouTube person who wont scoff at his romance and passion or degrade him constantly. I think she needs to be with a workaholic, someone whois super type A and always moving, and he needs to be with someone more laidback but still hardworking. They were just mismatched from the start.
I hope he got the ring back...

Starbucks_Lover
Talker
Talker

Post by Starbucks_Lover »

I wonder if Colleen has officially filed for divorce already??

JaneAusten
Learner
Learner

Post by JaneAusten »

o_O wrote:As douchey as Josh is, he clearly put his energy and love towards Colleen so much so that he put such a majority of his own interests aside. I did this in an 11 year relationship and though 7 years removed now from it, I feel for Josh. He was following his heart.

I find Colleen to be a business person who goes for that over the closer, whole aspects to life. She's a really good business person, but when it crosses the lines of her very long relationship to Josh, I find it so sad. There CAN be a balance and it doesn't have to wreck a relationship. Colleen may never learn that, but I have high hopes for Josh and I hope he will eventually find his way.

The Ballingers are kind of like a fungus. It starts of small, grows and then infects some damn shit. At least that's my take on it. I welcome anyone who happens to disagree because I am just that open.
The thing is, she clearly can make time for people as she barely goes a week without seeing her entire family. She took her mom with her on her UK tour, flew Rachel and her dad out, got Chris a Netflix gig and took him to Canada... They're never apart for long no matter how busy she is. It's clear that past a certain point she no longer considered Josh "family", if she ever did.

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”