Skylark

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Re: Skylark

Post by glamgrl »

I was just thinking about it today actually. I watched a bunch of their old videos and was like "what happened to skylark?" it seems to just quietly disappear like a lot of their brands (just fab, cellaris with no explanation....not that i'm surprised

ih8ih8
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ih8ih8 »

Skylark was just about the worst name they could have ever come up with. Granted I'm a little older than their minions, but all I can think of is a fuddy duddy old Buick. There used to be a Buick Skylark in the 70's/80's I think. I remember being really really little and my grandparents had one and even as a really little kid thought it was really uncool LOL.

Like someone else mentioned - they use Chanel but sell you Skylark something's wrong. So true. Also the bullshit of "perfecting" each product. Who TF does that? No one, except the people above trying to manage cost vs inventory!!! Also I can't even believe anyone, from production to purchaser was dumb enough to think that was a good plan. Those girls are fucking thieves that prey on the loyalty and naivety of their young followers.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

ih8ih8 wrote:Skylark was just about the worst name they could have ever come up with. Granted I'm a little older than their minions, but all I can think of is a fuddy duddy old Buick. There used to be a Buick Skylark in the 70's/80's I think. I remember being really really little and my grandparents had one and even as a really little kid thought it was really uncool LOL.

Like someone else mentioned - they use Chanel but sell you Skylark something's wrong. So true. Also the bullshit of "perfecting" each product. Who TF does that? No one, except the people above trying to manage cost vs inventory!!! Also I can't even believe anyone, from production to purchaser was dumb enough to think that was a good plan. Those girls are fucking thieves that prey on the loyalty and naivety of their young followers.
LOL! I always thought of the Buick too!!! Worst name ever. I never bought any of the products because 1. none of the colors ever appealed to me and 2. I thought it was incredibly overpriced and I'd rather spend that money at a dept. store makeup counter or sephora on real brands where I can test them in person. I'm not going to spend that kind of money to order online from a brand I nothing about. I always wondered how the quality was, especially the eyeshadow palette (i did like the packaging on that though). The Ava&Sophia names on the lipglosses or w/e was cheesy too.

I think its funny how not only have they never mentioned it again but they don't even have the products displayed anywhere (that I've seen). Personally if I had a makeup line, even short lived, I'd probably have it proudly displayed somewhere. Acting like it never happened is acting like they're ashamed of it.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

I think they never acknowledge it because they're embarrassed that it failed after all the talk about only releasing products after they've been perfected. Especially since their products didn't get the best reviews.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

Silver Rose 39 wrote:I think they never acknowledge it because they're embarrassed that it failed after all the talk about only releasing products after they've been perfected. Especially since their products didn't get the best reviews.
Probably also because they screwed everyone with the perfume thing. If they didn't keep saying how more stuff was coming out until it was confirmed that it was, they could have just rubbed it off as a limited contract deal and no one would think anything about it.

Return to “Elle & Blair”