ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by dulapeep »

Shout out to noragrets for this thread title!

These threads have been moving sf slow lately. If y'all don't have her on snapchat she's pretty annoying on there, it could give us some good gossip lol

Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: ICALLITBEINGASTONERCOUCHPOTATO General Thread Part 11

Post by 24601 »

Late to the party and catching up on the thread, but I am pretty up to date on Rachel's twitter/channel/snapchat/podcast. Someone posted on the last page of the previous thread that Rachel looks 10x bigger in Polina's vlog when she came to Seattle, and wow, I was shocked honestly. She looks so different from the person she was in 2015 I feel like. Her face definitely looks younger than when she first moved to Seattle (watch her moving vlogs/the flawless face Bareminerals video----I think she could pass for late 30s/40 honestly) but she looks much heavier than I was expecting. It must be angels/clothes now that it's summer. Also wtf is up with Chris's hair? I know this is a thread about Rachel but in that vlog he literally looks like he stuck his finger in an electrical socket. Weird look.

Also what's up with twitch? They just sit around and play games? Sounds boring as hell. Whenever periscope happens I always miss it (I'm also on the east coast and she usually does them at night in Seattle so I'm long gone to bed lol) but it sounds like that's a good one not to because people tend to ask good questions that get ignored, like I recall her ignoring questions about the twats.

Kdems
Learner
Learner

Post by Kdems »

I loosely follow her Snapchat stories, and she's either super critical of herself or she's making excuses for being lazy. It isn't like she ever films in a close up of her face so that anyone could tell that her concealer is dry under her eyes. I almost don't even believe that her skin is that dry. I do not understand how she is getting all of these awesome brands to send her hundreds of $$$ worth of products.

Also, there was a lot of reasons to quit listening to the podcast, but what did it in for me was Chris very obviously fake laughing at Rachel's stupid comments. I could not cringe more.

freethinker
Informer
Informer

Post by freethinker »

I just watched her apartment tour video. Nice apartment, but so tiny. Do they live in an expansive area?

whatevs4
Debater
Debater

Post by whatevs4 »

when will she understand that not everybody benefits from a strong brow? she looks much prettier and feminine when she doesn't draw on her eyebrows.

Kdems
Learner
Learner

Post by Kdems »

I really had to quit keeping up with Rachel a few months ago. I sometimes watch her snaps and I swear everything she snaps about is how she "needs a face mask" or "has a huge zit". I'm around the same age, maybe even a few months older than Rachel and I do not know anyone who obsesses over their skin the way she does. It is all she cares about.

Temporal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Temporal »

Rachel did address previously that she had a skin picking disorder (she would pick the skin on her feet when anxious) so it's understandable why she is obsessive about her skin. However, she does go about fixing it in a poor way with her mountains of face products that are ever-changing instead of maintaining a consistent routine for her skin. Skincare is very expensive and the fancy stuff she uses is absolutely not necessary. I understand that it feels 'nice' to wear a face mask or to have peels on your face, but there's a difference between a luxury (treating yourself) and a necessity, and Rachel is making it out to be the case where her face masks are a necessity. My issue is when she complains about money/things being tight, and then in the same breath parades around wearing expensive skincare products that are a luxury (claiming that one needs to perform self care). These gurus are touting about self care in the wrong way. There is a huge difference between self care (which is only helpful if its infrequent) and constant care. When self care becomes your baseline, then there's no real reward/feel good part after a while.

Temporal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Temporal »

Rachel did address previously that she had a skin picking disorder (she would pick the skin on her feet when anxious) so it's understandable why she is obsessive about her skin. However, she does go about fixing it in a poor way with her mountains of face products that are ever-changing instead of maintaining a consistent routine for her skin. Skincare is very expensive and the fancy stuff she uses is absolutely not necessary. I understand that it feels 'nice' to wear a face mask or to have peels on your face, but there's a difference between a luxury (treating yourself) and a necessity, and Rachel is making it out to be the case where her face masks are a necessity. My issue is when she complains about money/things being tight, and then in the same breath parades around wearing expensive skincare products that are a luxury (claiming that one needs to perform self care). These gurus are touting about self care in the wrong way. There is a huge difference between self care (which is only helpful if its infrequent) and constant care. When self care becomes your baseline, then there's no real reward/feel good part after a while.

rata
Stalker
Stalker

Post by rata »

a few months ago i remember rachel said something in the podcast about how proud she was that they never missed a podcast. i think they were at least around or over 50 podcasts at that time? anyway, anyone else notice now that they barely get a podcast up once a week? every week the audio gets "messed up" so they say they'll be back the next week.

i used to really like her stuff and i've followed her for years but she's gotten so flakey and her content is so uninteresting and i'm tired of her never uploading her stuff in a timely manner.

Kdems
Learner
Learner

Post by Kdems »

rata wrote:a few months ago i remember rachel said something in the podcast about how proud she was that they never missed a podcast. i think they were at least around or over 50 podcasts at that time? anyway, anyone else notice now that they barely get a podcast up once a week? every week the audio gets "messed up" so they say they'll be back the next week.

i used to really like her stuff and i've followed her for years but she's gotten so flakey and her content is so uninteresting and i'm tired of her never uploading her stuff in a timely manner.
I actually was just thinking that! I don't really listen to the podcast, but I follow her on Snapchat and twitter loosely. I'd say 70% of her videos nowadays are sponsored videos. I'm surprised she even has followers or people to financially support the podcast.

Caunw 3n_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Caunw 3n_ »

I personally think her face and body have been looking better than when she first moved to Seattle. Yeah sure some angles she looks bigger but I think she actually looks good. My problem with her is how much she has been lying and being lazy about her channel and podcast. I hate how much she lies about various reasons she can't film a video or upload a podcast...just be real and say you are feeling like shit and can't do it? She drags out making the easiest of videos, constantly 're films' for a silly small reason....like im sorry but her videos are not the most amazing quality and she acts like its a production and a half to film. I have never heard the excuse 'have to re film another day cuz my skin looks dry''. Wtf? Wash your face, put on some cream and try again? You need ANOTHER day? And then another day to edit. And then another day just cuz. Things must be getting pretty busy in the apartment...you know...face masks to be put on...videos games to be played....

nutella
Debater
Debater

Post by nutella »

Did anyone else see the Snapchat of her spending $500 on makeup from Glossier? I think SOME of it was for a giveaway, but still how are they living in the shoe of an apartment and sharing meals if she can drop that much in USD in one go. Maybe she can claim it on tax or something. It's just frustrating that I work my ass off and would never dream to spend that much in one sitting, and she doesn't upload videos anymore and sits on her ass all day and spends crazy amounts on makeup.

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

nutella wrote:Did anyone else see the Snapchat of her spending $500 on makeup from Glossier? I think SOME of it was for a giveaway, but still how are they living in the shoe of an apartment and sharing meals if she can drop that much in USD in one go. Maybe she can claim it on tax or something. It's just frustrating that I work my ass off and would never dream to spend that much in one sitting, and she doesn't upload videos anymore and sits on her ass all day and spends crazy amounts on makeup.
Every time someone uses her glossier link, she gets a free $10 of glossier credit so... I'm guessing it's mostly store credit

organicamelia
Learner
Learner

Post by organicamelia »

nutella wrote:Did anyone else see the Snapchat of her spending $500 on makeup from Glossier? I think SOME of it was for a giveaway, but still how are they living in the shoe of an apartment and sharing meals if she can drop that much in USD in one go. Maybe she can claim it on tax or something. It's just frustrating that I work my ass off and would never dream to spend that much in one sitting, and she doesn't upload videos anymore and sits on her ass all day and spends crazy amounts on makeup.
To put it into perspective for you guys that aren't familiar with Seattle, the area that they live in is very pricey. For a larger studio like theirs (this is considered quite big and has all new appliances and several storage spaces) you're looking at around $1100 to upwards of $1500/month just for rent. I couldn't afford to live in that part of the city!

oxprincessxo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oxprincessxo »

I watched her new crachel cooks video (can't help it, I'm a sucker for food videos) and I find it so annoying how she claims to LOVE food and LOVE foodnetwork and has no idea how to hold a knife. It's not very difficult to learn how to have good knife cuts, it mainly just involves practicing. That avocado and the radishes looked HORRIBLE. Don't act like you're some kind of chef guru if you don't even care enough to take the time to make your cuts even and pretty.

Also, I'm not surprised she isn't losing more weight with this huge "lifestyle change" she adopted. She must not cook at home very much (given the poor knife cuts) and when she does, it doesn't seem like she knows how to handle portion control. That meal was a lot of calories. Yes, all the ingredients were healthy, but that quantity is just completely unnecessary unless you live an active lifestyle or naturally have a high metabolism. I did some math, and assuming my estimations are correct, she had a cup and a half of quinoa, a third cup of corn, a third cup of beans, one sixth of the "sausage" link, and half an avocado... That's 790 calories. That's quite a lot for just one meal. Honestly, with the legumes and corn, they really only needed half the quinoa they had.

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

oxprincessxo wrote:I watched her new crachel cooks video (can't help it, I'm a sucker for food videos) and I find it so annoying how she claims to LOVE food and LOVE foodnetwork and has no idea how to hold a knife. It's not very difficult to learn how to have good knife cuts, it mainly just involves practicing. That avocado and the radishes looked HORRIBLE. Don't act like you're some kind of chef guru if you don't even care enough to take the time to make your cuts even and pretty.

Also, I'm not surprised she isn't losing more weight with this huge "lifestyle change" she adopted. She must not cook at home very much (given the poor knife cuts) and when she does, it doesn't seem like she knows how to handle portion control. That meal was a lot of calories. Yes, all the ingredients were healthy, but that quantity is just completely unnecessary unless you live an active lifestyle or naturally have a high metabolism. I did some math, and assuming my estimations are correct, she had a cup and a half of quinoa, a third cup of corn, a third cup of beans, one sixth of the "sausage" link, and half an avocado... That's 790 calories. That's quite a lot for just one meal. Honestly, with the legumes and corn, they really only needed half the quinoa they had.
Yeah her cutting skills were appalling for someone who ~loves to cook~ lol. I was cringing when she was cutting that radish

Kdems
Learner
Learner

Post by Kdems »

OK, so it just occurred to me tonight that Rachel and Chris are mispronouncing Guy Fieri's name. They pronounce the last name "Fietti" without the soft "r" sound. I haven't listened to the podcast in a while, am I hearing it incorrectly or are these two goons mispronouncing his name?

trebleclef88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by trebleclef88 »

It's an Italian name so the "r" is flipped.

CandyCastles
Informer
Informer

Post by CandyCastles »

bubblegumbitch wrote:
oxprincessxo wrote:I watched her new crachel cooks video (can't help it, I'm a sucker for food videos) and I find it so annoying how she claims to LOVE food and LOVE foodnetwork and has no idea how to hold a knife. It's not very difficult to learn how to have good knife cuts, it mainly just involves practicing. That avocado and the radishes looked HORRIBLE. Don't act like you're some kind of chef guru if you don't even care enough to take the time to make your cuts even and pretty.

Yeah her cutting skills were appalling for someone who ~loves to cook~ lol. I was cringing when she was cutting that radish
I was cringing too, those knife skills make me think she mostly only cooks when she needs a picture for instagram or to film a chrachel cooks...

tysm
Learner
Learner

Post by tysm »

Didn't watch the video but if it was for dinner it's not that much of a ~~huge portion. It also depends what her other total calorie count was for that day. I honestly don't even watch Chrachel cooks anymore because the low production value actually astounds me.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”