Random Thread is Random: Debit, Credit, or Cash?

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Random Thread is Random: Debit, Credit, or Cash?

Post by LadyKaiko »

Usually when I have cash on me, it's for bills, like rent and the light bill. Cash is the only way we can pay the rent, and I like to pay the light bill with cash. And I always give my dad money for my car insurance in cash.

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

I pay for almost everything with credit cards. I use my checking account for bills/rent/etc. I've been working on building my credit for the past few years and have no debt. I always pay them off every month, so I don't buy anything I can't afford. I have the Amazon credit card which accumulates points, and every 100 is $1 to spend on Amazon. It's pretty awesome for someone like me who buys a ton of stuff online.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

90% of the time, debit. Credit card for online, or outside the country, or specific merchants for the extra points. Hardly ever cash, except at like, the dollar store or for coffee.

FaeSolo
Learner
Learner

Post by FaeSolo »

I prefer debit, but due to my job I always have cash. I waitress, but I don't deposit it into my account half the time because we have to keep a "bank" for people who pay cash for their meals.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

I don't think credit cards are tempting, but I have family members who have had a lot of trouble with them. It's like people think they are these magical things they can use with no consequences...no such thing as free money and there are always consequences.

When I have a credit card one day, I'll treat it as if it were a debit card. Only an emergency would warrant using it when I didn't have the money...and no I don't mean a "fashion emergency" lol which is the typical excuse they use on tv shows when people have credit cards.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

@wanderlust: I have a college friend who got a credit card a few months ago and she's bought so many clothes and other things with it. I jokingly warned her to be careful with it because she's bought so much with it already. Lol

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

LadyKaiko wrote:@wanderlust: I have a college friend who got a credit card a few months ago and she's bought so many clothes and other things with it. I jokingly warned her to be careful with it because she's bought so much with it already. Lol
Does she have the money to pay it back? Man, that will destroy her credit if she doesn't.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

My dad cut up credit cards in front of me when I was young and said they were evil or something like that. So, from then on, I thought it was the card. It isn't the card to blame but the person.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

@wanderlust: I think so. I mean, she hasn't bought super expensive things. I just know that when she first got it, she posted a lot of statuses about what she bought. I was like, "Girllll, slow yo roll!" Lmao

Return to “Finance”