Bi The Way Daddy Dawson Is Still Disgusting (Part 6)

kellinkenobi
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bi The Way Daddy Dawson Is Still Disgusting (Part 6)

Post by kellinkenobi »

kitchentears wrote:It's his way of coping by making jokes of his struggles. You see it all the time with comedians and just every day people. I joke about my struggles and even my trauma at times. The spit and chew actions seem to be just habit and he may not even realize it at times. I notice myself doing some old habits that I'll quickly fix and or make a joke about it to forget about it.

Also when you're tasting all kinds of food it's best to spit it out kinda like during wine tasting. To get the flavor out of your mouth as fast as possible but long enough to taste it. You don't want to continue having one flavor combine with another which could tarnish the quality.

I don't think it's as dangerous as some are saying it is. If a fan follows his steps it's not his responsibility, he didn't tell them to do it, he didnt force that individual to reenact his behaviors. You can't blame someone for doing something that they had no involvement in. Sometimes you just need to step up and take responsibility for your faults.

Recovery takes years, it's not something that can change over night or even in 10 years. Eating disorders are a lifelong struggle. Everyone has their own approach at coping some are more pleasing than others. Again it's humor and we've heard/seen worse from him, not that big of a deal. If it's this bothersome don't watch the videos because you shouldn't have to make yourself uncomfortable.
That's true. I guess you can't hold him responsible for what people do, it just is worrisome to me that he has so many young, impressionable people watching him, ya know? But like I said in my previous post, maybe I'm just totally missing the mark and don't get the jokes he currently makes. I really didn't mean to start anything, truly..was just sharing a thought! And I do agree in the scale of offensive things Shane has done from blackface to wearing that god awful wig for a couple of months, this isn't the worst. But yeah, sorry guys! I'll just cha cha real smooth off this board now and put this foot in my mouth. :rofl:

diancecht
Lurker
Lurker

Post by diancecht »

harvestmoongoddess wrote:
diancecht wrote:to be honest, i think some people literally just dont understand shanes humour in certain aspects (not defending some of the actually shitty things he's done, ie- blackface) but i really relate to his dark humour, especially since ive had a very similar upbring (obesity, abuse, an ED).

for me, and for shane as well im assuming, to make a joke of a bad situation takes the heaviness/sorrow away from it, and it helps to deal with it all together. of course though, i feel its dangerous for him to broadcast his making light as his younger fans may think its actually funny or normal to spit out your food, etc.

in a way, the similarities between us is why i feel that he's just putting on a show for the camera, to tell funny stories. like when everyone on here was freaking out thinking he actually came on his cat, idk but i clearly interpreted it as a goof.

remember, this is a gossip website, take everything on here with a grain of salt, especially rumours ( zachary quinto claming shane hit on him, which i dont believe at all haha)

trust me guys, theres more shitty things to talk about than his humour (how he actually orgasms when people call him daddy? i dont get that, or making shitty easy money videos when i know damn well he can create more creative content)
for me, its him showing the act of binging and spitting on camera every week that takes it too far. I totally get making jokes about it, I do it with my friends and i visit places online where people freely discuss that kind of stuff and make jokes. but since shane wanted to make himself a person who speaks out about this kind of stuff there needs to be some disclaimer/psa from him about how what he does is considered disordered eating and that it has negative health consequences not to mention the emotionally harmful mentality behind it.
i agree that he should talk about it, especially with his apparent outreach to teenagers, but how has he ma
kellinkenobi wrote:
diancecht wrote:to be honest, i think some people literally just dont understand shanes humour in certain aspects (not defending some of the actually shitty things he's done, ie- blackface) but i really relate to his dark humour, especially since ive had a very similar upbring (obesity, abuse, an ED).

for me, and for shane as well im assuming, to make a joke of a bad situation takes the heaviness/sorrow away from it, and it helps to deal with it all together. of course though, i feel its dangerous for him to broadcast his making light as his younger fans may think its actually funny or normal to spit out your food, etc.
I totally get what you're saying, and I doubt that Shane actually tongue kissed his grandma or diddled his cat's skittle, just some of his jokes make me cringe ya know? I've always said I have a dark sense of humor, but I guess I have more of a sarcastic/dry sense of humor and that's why some of his jokes maybe don't land with me personally vs someone with a more similar sense of humor to him. But yeah, my main problem is the chewing and spitting out too. I do think Shane can be really funny and quick, especially just talking to someone on the podcast or in those Trane videos his commentary always made me chuckle. But, I don't know. Maybe I'm completely misjudging and missing what he's aiming for. I think we all can agree that he's done enough fast food tasting to last a lifetime, though. :rofl:
lol i completely agree with the cringe at some of his jokes, ironically they are always in the fecking CRAAZY FAST FOOD HAULS. seriously, shane, they were sort of ok when you did them once in a while and it was actual gross garbage (like the one with drew) but now its just you eating regular chips and acting like youve either never tasted them before or EW GUISE THEYRE SOOO GROSSS AAAAA. theyre fucking chips who cares.

tbh he seems like he's in a creative burnout. i wish i could slap the DONUT CANDY PEANUT BUTTER MILKSHAKE out of his hand and tell him to stop demeaning himself like this. ive been watchig since about 2010 or 2011, seeing this absolute decline in quality and effort is horrible. he either needs to take a break or gather himself and figure what he can realistically create that is imaginative and not the same trite over and over again.

seriously, he's turning into a revenue-grubbing monster.

also stop hanging out with that joke stealing gabby girl, shane.

~end rant~
:love2:

FemaleDragon
Learner
Learner

Post by FemaleDragon »

kitchentears wrote:
Also when you're tasting all kinds of food it's best to spit it out kinda like during wine tasting. To get the flavor out of your mouth as fast as possible but long enough to taste it. You don't want to continue having one flavor combine with another which could tarnish the quality.
But people spit out wine during tasting so they don't swallow and get intoxicated. Spitting out food wouldn't make much sense either; you would taste a small amount, swallow, and then use a palate cleanser (i.e. lemon) before tasting another food. However, I don't expect Shane to care enough about his experience or himself to do all that...

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

idk if you guys saw his snapchat some fan was like "I've been watching Shane since 2008 and I fucking love his food videos", then he turned the camera to himself and said "SEE YOU GUYS" ... He can't handle fucking criticism. One person praises him and he thinks that speaks for all fans..

y00t00b
Talker
Talker

Post by y00t00b »

kellinkenobi wrote:
harvestmoongoddess wrote:
manged wrote:
harvestmoongoddess wrote:okay so shane confirmed having had an 8 year bulimia disorder. idk if he has confirmed this elsewhere before sorry if this is old news.
I personally haven't heard him confirm that he suffered from bulimia before, so it's news to me, but sadly, it isn't really that surprising. Even if that's in his past, he still shows traces of binging/purging behavior.
he def still has disordered eating. its sad, i was watching his old vids last night and i watched a "never have i ever" from 2 years ago with him and lisa and he said "never have i ever puked in a taco bell bathroom and ordered more crunch wraps" then put his finger down. of course he could have thrown up for any other reason but as someone who was bulimic for years, that's some shit i wouldve done on a binge.
Yup, I'm in the same boat as you sister, and definitely have noticed the signs so unfortunately, I'm not surprised. As much as I have issues with some of the things Shane says and does, I would never want him to have to deal with that, and clearly he still is.

One of my biggest problems with his food videos, other than the glaring lack of originality and effort that goes into his videos, is that it's SUPER triggering for me...I can't speak for anyone else, and don't feel like you (or anyone else who struggles with the same issues) have to agree with me or even chime in here, but the fact that he clearly spits out the food makes me feel sooo uncomfortable. I think it's really irresponsible for someone who has SUCH a large audience, a lot of people which are on the younger side, to clearly be chewing and spitting his food, and sort of making a joke out of his issues with food, instead of making it a conversation. Personally, I think the times that Shane is the most likable on his channel lately is when he's being real to his viewers, none of this kitschy, low brow disgusting jokes crap, and just talking. Like when he talked about starting to date men or his body dysmorphia. It's obviously a really difficult discussion to have, but for someone who has such a large platform to help people, he could do some real good by having those conversations.
YES I'm late to the party but thank you. I'm still suffering from binge/purge anorexia and it's incredibly triggering to see Shane's blatant behaviours and even the things he says are very sad and very obviously disordered. his obsession with weight, appearance, food, etc are all understandable (his history with obesity) but are things he should discuss WITH HIS THERAPIST and not his twelve year old audience. sigh

Post by Guest »

shane's new videos with the gabbie show were actually kind of entertaining???? at least they aren't not food videoes, so that's fine by me.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

I can appreciate the unexpected twist to his collabs with Gabbie and Freelee, but if these are meant to indicate his potential as an aspiring horror filmmaker, then um...

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

i really love that hes getting back into skits. yeah this one wasnt as good as the freelee one imo but im just so glad its not a trash challenge/typical collab/food vid/etc.

i guess hes tryingto get us prepared for his short film coming up and im living tbh these vids are unique

also i put some blame gabby for her atrocious acting and laughing during serious scenes

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

I kind of liked the Gabbie Show and Freelee videos being unexpected but you know, esp in the Gabbie video the acting was so bad I cringed god... You could tell shit wasn't real the moment she said she had kept the ring (if that was before the doorbell thing).

Anyway I went on to watch Gabbie's collab (why do I do this to myself) and it's hands down the worst video on youtube?? It's so awkward and weird and I literally have no idea what they're doing. Also they're obviously trolls trying to get attention but isn't that everyone on youtube nowadays.

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

harvestmoongoddess wrote:i really love that hes getting back into skits. yeah this one wasnt as good as the freelee one imo but im just so glad its not a trash challenge/typical collab/food vid/etc.

i guess hes tryingto get us prepared for his short film coming up and im living tbh these vids are unique

also i put some blame gabby for her atrocious acting and laughing during serious scenes
I liked the Freelee one more because I think the acting was better (can't believe I'm saying that) and I honestly thought they gave Freelee meat for a hot minute.

The Gabbie collab was all right.

But it's nice to see Shane doing skits again. I appreciate effort.

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

I definitely dig the skits he's been doing lately, it's a nice change BUT this man neeeeeeds to take an acting class or two....

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

According to his snapchat, it looks like he's doing another horror skit collab with GlitterForever17 (?)

topPVPplayer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by topPVPplayer »

Oh my god, he really should stop with those conspiracy theory videos, that moon landing one was so cringy and stupid. Shane looks like the type of person who believes Obama is a reptile and the sky is a glass dome. But I guess even those are still better than those food tasting ones :D

uxxio

Post by uxxio »

Does anyone know, has he put out the podcast with Tana Mongeau (or however its spelled)? I'm dying to hear the two of them together, they've both tweeted about it but I can't find it anywhere...

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

uxxio wrote:Does anyone know, has he put out the podcast with Tana Mongeau (or however its spelled)? I'm dying to hear the two of them together, they've both tweeted about it but I can't find it anywhere...
its not out yet. they just put up a new episode on fullscreen today but its just shane and jessica, no guest

twitch213
Learner
Learner

Post by twitch213 »

wtf is up with the torture talk on his latest podcast?! i hope whoever he was talking about doesnt see it bc she'd be scared as hell rn

Post by Guest »

twitch213 wrote:wtf is up with the torture talk on his latest podcast?! i hope whoever he was talking about doesnt see it bc she'd be scared as hell rn
lol! i just thought it was funny that he had put so much thought into it, jessie too (though to her credit, if someone came and shot my mom in the face i'd probably want to torture that person as well).

the show was a mess but at least screwing around with the guy on jessie's phone was funny (until the producer or whomever came in).

Post by Guest »

How come Alexis G Zall is no longer featured on Shane's channel?

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

twitch213 wrote:wtf is up with the torture talk on his latest podcast?! i hope whoever he was talking about doesnt see it bc she'd be scared as hell rn
im still wondering who he was talking abt....

kitchentears
Learner
Learner

Post by kitchentears »

LetsBeReal wrote:How come Alexis G Zall is no longer featured on Shane's channel?
She was getting bullied a lot from the viewers and the videos weren't doing well. Either she left due to the harassment to save herself from the negativity or Shane fired her due to views being so low and the harsh feedback.

I personally found her quite annoying and boring but maybe it was just due to the content she was producing for his channel.

Return to “Shane Dawson”