MissParadox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Grav3yardgirl Part 14 - Junkyardgirl

Post by MissParadox »

Lingybear wrote:
bettycrocker wrote:I dislike Tarte as a brand. I am not at all surprised Bunny's palette is boring AF. Tarte seems to reuse shades in their palettes; every single palette they make looks the exact same. it's like they're only limited to certain colors: purple, pink and brown. Lmao, even the bronzer, blush and highlight in Bunny's palette looks glaringly similar to Tarte's Park ave princess.

I'm almost positive Tarte picked the colors and they just made Bunny name them.

Bunny's excuse for the palette being neutral is pathetic. Other YouTube gurus have done palettes way more interesting and been fine. Like Jeffree's Star's palette, for example. It is a colorful explosion, and people have been buying it like hot cakes with no complaints about the bright colors, because it's totally and completely reflects Jeffree's style as an artist and personality.
I 4000% this post. If I saw that palette at Sephora or Ulta, I would honestly walk right past it. The only reason I would take a second glance at it is because her name is on it. But so far, that's the only thing remarkable about it. It just seems so middle-of-the-road and for lack of a better term, meh.
Completely agree!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

SugarSnap
Learner
Learner

Post by SugarSnap »

MissParadox wrote:Image

I can't believe people argue over... this "beauty" guru. I just can't.

:rofl: For some reason this really made me LOL :D

ChloeUK
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ChloeUK »

oaieove wrote:After seeing it in some videos it is much bigger than I thought & tbh I might actually get it just for the bottom row of purples. But I had to check out other videos to see what the colors actually looked like , she definitely does something weird to her color filters or something, every shot all the colors look different. Not that those heart stamps would have veen very accurate anyway...
She uses a special colour filter to make her eyes look very very blue, thats why she often looks overly red and her makeup can look too yellow (even though it is). I've seen lots of non-Bunny vids with her in them and her eyes although they are pretty blue they are not as strikingly so as they appear in her own videos. I have blue eyes too and using a similar filter my eyes look neon. Its funny how those eyes are a trademark of hers of sorts yet they are 'faked' a tad with a colour filter.

This is my first post here.. Hi from the UK. :love2:

Ps.. Her palette is so meh.. Doesn't scream Bunny, its very 'Tarte'. Jefree Star's new palette is very much his personality, he nailed it.

bubblezzlovesvictor
Learner
Learner

Post by bubblezzlovesvictor »

I'm always weary of youtubers who's main audience is a bunch of 11 year olds they tend to be shrieky, gimmick-y ,annoying people. She is no exception. Frankly I can't believe a huge brand like tart chose her to represent them

SugarSnap
Learner
Learner

Post by SugarSnap »

bubblezzlovesvictor wrote:I'm always weary of youtubers who's main audience is a bunch of 11 year olds they tend to be shrieky, gimmick-y ,annoying people. She is no exception. Frankly I can't believe a huge brand like tart chose her to represent them
These companies will choose anything to represent them now, just take a look at what Z-Listers advertise products and that proves the point. In the UK we get it bad, any old non entity can get up and be "the face" of something and we get them endlessly shoved down our throats.
So the choice of Bunny does not surprise me at all - the company just looks at the size of her channel and works on that. The fact that the majority of her subscribers are school kids is probably a good thing for them as they will nag at parents until they buy them the product.

takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by takingouttrash »

"believe in yourself, love yourself, embrace your individuality"

Bring out a boring as fuck palette to try and cater to the masses instead of trying to be different!

I had a big post written when her vid came out and pressed submit but I guess the site decided to be an ass and not post it, I ain't wasting my time with that shit again.

I did feel it was very arrogant to say they put a profile on the box "just in case" someone doesn't know who she is.

takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by takingouttrash »

I'm watching the JS vid right now...

"gonna dip back into Dogman"

:rofl:

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

It's so funny because all her insane fans are trying to grasp at straws for reasons why "ohmygosh this palette is sewwwww her! You don't understand!" Mmkay, kids. None of them remember early Bunny videos because they obviously jumped on the bandwagon later when she started gaining popularity and now most of her old shit has been deleted to hide the fact that she loved Lady Gaga and wore heavy black eyeshadow ON THE DAILY. It's not even worth arguing with these people, because you can throw evidence right in front of them and they still say "nope you're wrong." :rofl:

realistic_dreamer2
Learner
Learner

Post by realistic_dreamer2 »

LiddlePallid wrote:None of them remember early Bunny videos because they obviously jumped on the bandwagon later when she started gaining popularity and now most of her old shit has been deleted to hide the fact that she loved Lady Gaga and wore heavy black eyeshadow ON THE DAILY.
Yup, I expected few shades of green, black, lilac, red lipstic ofc (that other lipstick was sooo off)... ooor something crazy.. I mean, these people from Tarte, HAVE THEY SEEN HER BEFORE? That palete is way to light and shimmery for her..

And even she said it, she can't please everyone and made the most basic palette ever (that would be useful to most)... So this is just another basic tarte palette that has grav3yard girl written on it.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Not to mention the bronzer is super dark and orangey. Definitely not one that would suit her skintone at all. If that was even the one that she had on her face in the video she did about it, she must have used the tiniest amount because there's just no way from all the pics I've seen that that bronzer isn't too dark for her lol

takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by takingouttrash »

Yeah, if she wanted one she could use, a dupe for NYX's taupe blush would have been perfect, but then "not everyone could wear it waaaaahhh!"

JS really did sell her palette better than she did. That's how you fucking sell a palette. You big up the shades as you're doing a look with them not just rant and rave for an hour about haters, how the Swamp Fam harassed Tarte to make it and how much you appreciate them but you'll never do a Swamp Family mail video and how you need to dispel the rumours about your fans only being a certain age group.

The only thing I will say about JS's look is I felt the line between the sassy bun shade and the darker colour towards the outer corner wasn't blended enough so it looked like just a line instead of a nice blend, and it was bothering me since I know JS is great at applying makeup.

kisincda
Learner
Learner

Post by kisincda »

Along with the fact that there's no green at all in her palette, I'm surprised she didn't insist on some crazy kind of blue. You know, to rep those oh-so-blue-and-so-real baby blues of hers.

:roll:

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

people are reselling her palette guys!!!! just like they do every other palette!!!! how dare someone other than bunny profit off her minions!!!!

SugarSnap
Learner
Learner

Post by SugarSnap »

beautyblenderhohoho wrote:people are reselling her palette guys!!!! just like they do every other palette!!!! how dare someone other than bunny profit off her minions!!!!
OMG! Quickly someone inform the minions so they can post up some badly spelled insults on the sellers page!! ;)

meh_heh
Learner
Learner

Post by meh_heh »

What fresh hell is this?
What is this makeup? Blush all the way up around her temples. The horrid Orange something used as, I'm guessing, contour. Not even blended. Looks like a hot mess.
This is the girl that gets a major makeup brand to create an eyeshadow palette with her name on it?
This is a beauty guru that makes 6 figures a year? This is the person influencing our future generation?
Why. How. Why??

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

She's got blush going all the way up to her temples and bronzer coming all the way to the corner of her mouth. I'm sure Jeffree Star makes fun of her makeup application behind her back because there's just no way ... As soon as I turned the video on I was like "Girl, no..." That is not the way to advertise her palette lmao. "Let me just smear the face products all over so everyone can see how pigmented they are!"

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

meh_heh wrote:What fresh hell is this?
What is this makeup? Blush all the way up around her temples. The horrid Orange something used as, I'm guessing, contour. Not even blended. Looks like a hot mess.
This is the girl that gets a major makeup brand to create an eyeshadow palette with her name on it?
This is a beauty guru that makes 6 figures a year? This is the person influencing our future generation?
Why. How. Why??

I weep for the future.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I'm finding it so funny that she had to make a video about people selling it on eBay like hers is the only palette that that has ever happened with. Give me a break! She's so ridiculous. She may as well just say "don't give other people your money, pay attention to me me me!"

Also, I love how her hair is straightened and she made sure to try and mess it up and throw it up for the video. What the hell? Why does she feel the need to look a mess in every video?

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

I actually appreciated her saying that - she does have a lot more rabid tweens following her than most "beauty gurus" do and they're typically just not smart or experienced enough to know how pre-releases, releases or limited releases work. They hear "limited" and panic and before you know it, BINGO - they've just bought one on Ebay with Mom's Paypal account.

Of course, that doesn't discount the likelihood (or possibility, depending on how you look at it) of her saying that because her agent has told her to say it.

:tu:

MissParadox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MissParadox »

Dirty, crappy, creepy... this doll has better makeup than her ha.

Return to “grav3yardgirl”