Demi Lovato gets owned by an X Factor candidate

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Demi Lovato gets owned by an X Factor candidate

Post by hollaatmegurl »

hollaatmegurl wrote:^ I've been through the same things, it's just irritating how if a famous person struggles with one thing, it's blown way out of proportion and then when they 'recover' (honestly, going to sound like a bitch here, but I think a lot of the situations we hear about are way melodramatic and milked for publicity) they're looked at like the only person who's had to deal with something and how they're a shining angel and ~THE STRONGEST PERSON EVER~ for overcoming something. If they want to talk about something to educate people, cool, but when it's constantly brought up over and over in every magazine and interview, it's like okay, we get it, cool, moving on.
Wanted to add that I totally agree with your last statement, too. She's not super special or better than anyone because she's had some hard times, everyone does.

beau misere
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by beau misere »

Am I the only one that thinks Brittney was a little stoned aha :lol:

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

I don't see how what she said was that offensive. It's true - I could work hard to be a basketball player but if I have no natural talent or ability or height, I probably shouldn't be trying out for the WNBA.

That said: she has no talent. Neither does Britney, but at least her stuff is catchy.

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

Full disclosure, Demi's my girl, I stan for her like no other (except maybe Rihanna...I don't even have an excuse for that :oops: ). She's way too young to be a judge on this show though. She's 19, right? 20? She's released three albums, two of which were Disney pop so that's not even really music (but I love it, she has such a good voice without Autotune seriously...I'm sorry, I can't control my Demi love!).
Anyway, toning down the stanning...I hate these sorts of shows because they're humiliating people for entertainment. If someone sucks, they shouldn't make it to these final judging rounds. Every judge on every singing contest show since American Idol started has been trying to emulate Simon. The bitchy comments are unnecessary and it's like Demi was trying to be all cool and badass. But what I saw was a little girl "talking back" to a middle-aged man and getting owned.
Britney seems barely stable most of the time, so I ain't even going to judge her.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

True, I was watching America's Next Top Model and the judges were too rude to this girl who didn't like to be naked in photo shoots

alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alcoholicferrets »

All these shows want to do is manufacture a lot of drama, which is normal for reality TV...but then they try and act like they're these super legitimate competitions that people should take seriously. Most of the singers from AI and other shows are nobodies now, same for most of the models from ANTM.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

alcoholicferrets wrote:Full disclosure, Demi's my girl, I stan for her like no other (except maybe Rihanna...I don't even have an excuse for that :oops: ). She's way too young to be a judge on this show though. She's 19, right? 20? She's released three albums, two of which were Disney pop so that's not even really music (but I love it, she has such a good voice without Autotune seriously...I'm sorry, I can't control my Demi love!).
Anyway, toning down the stanning...I hate these sorts of shows because they're humiliating people for entertainment. If someone sucks, they shouldn't make it to these final judging rounds. Every judge on every singing contest show since American Idol started has been trying to emulate Simon. The bitchy comments are unnecessary and it's like Demi was trying to be all cool and badass. But what I saw was a little girl "talking back" to a middle-aged man and getting owned.
Britney seems barely stable most of the time, so I ain't even going to judge her.

Agree with everything you said about Demi.

spacecase
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spacecase »

She was asking for it with that comment. Tralalala...

Alyramdom
Learner
Learner

Post by Alyramdom »

Lmaooo ! When I heard that, I was like "oh S**t." Simons face tho...lol

~~♥above it all♥~~
Informer
Informer

Post by ~~♥above it all♥~~ »

BornThisWay94 wrote:I agree, Whoa. I DO think Demi's talented but I also think they could've gotten someone else.

Also notice how when the guy said she used autotune, Demi didn't even have a comeback. She just said "Actually.." then nothing else.
Becuase she knows it is true.

beau misere
Debater
Debater

Post by beau misere »

Every time I hear a Demi song I think of this xD

zainab
Learner
Learner

Post by zainab »

Wait so it's okay for them to say rude, pointless comments but when the contestant replies back it's uncalled for? Uhhh just because you are famous doesn't make you better than anyone else. If you can say something like that to him, he can retaliate. Props to that guy

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by urmotherwasahamster »

beaYOUtiful wrote:Lolololol. Owned. Did anyone see that man's performance? Was it any good?

Nope, it was atrocious, which makes his comment that much funnier. :rofl:

TaylorKnows
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TaylorKnows »

I don't see what was wrong with what she said...that guy was funny in his response and she shouldn't have gotten so defensive, but honestly she was being accurate. I like Demi, but I also agree she shouldn't be judging the show. They only picked her to get a younger audience. However, I just think she was accurate. You can work hard for your dreams, but they may not be meant to be. I thought I could be a singer for awhile and I got a reality check. It was my dream, but it obviously wasn't meant to be.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I don't have a problem with Demi and I think she's really talented (her last album was actually really good) but she had no business being on that show... She didn't know wtf she was doing.
imma ball til the day i fall

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I didn't see anyone getting owned tbh, the old man is just another 'simple' person they deliberately put through to get laughed at by four multi-millionaires. Simon Cowell and his shows are disgusting.

Post by Guest »

That was awesome! I've never warmed to Demi, I just can't, these people sitting behind their desk dish it out but can't take it.

LexiPorter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LexiPorter »

Good, I can't stand that bitch. Ugh, her voice is so annoying!

Return to “X Factor”