nieka
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skin Care for Oily/Acne-Prone-Skin ?

Post by nieka »

Hello ladies,

I suffer from acne-prone and oily skin and i have many small spots all over my face. I don't really have a skin routine and usually i only remove my makeup and then wash my face with water and use a moisturizer.
I want to improve my skin care and hopefully my acne will clear up as well :)

I was thinking maybe about Kiehls (Calendula Deep Cleansing Face Wash and Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner), Clinique, Neutrogena, etc. because I've heard some good things about them, but I'm open for new suggestions :D
I don't care if it's a drugstore product or higher end as long as it is working ;)

Basically what are your holy grails? :love2:

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Skin Care for Oily/Acne-Prone-Skin ?

Post by kayleeee »

My routine is mostly Clinique in terms of trying to fight acne.

Mornings:
Splash my face with water or use Clinique mild face soap
Clinique Toner 3
Clinique moisturizer gel lotion

Nights:
Remove make up with Burt's Bees Grapefruit clothes (similar to the Neutrogena ones)
Clinique mild soap
After the shower I'll put a bit of facial oil on for a bit
Clinique toner #3
Clinique acne gel
Clinique gel lotion

If things at the drugstore or high end stores aren't working I recommend seeing a dermatologist. I did that a few years back and it helped a lot. Also improving my diet did too.

AND being diligent in washing my foundation and face brushes.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

boston_b1tch
Lurker
Lurker

Post by boston_b1tch »

Hey! I also have the same skin type and this is typically what works for me:

AM: wash face with CeraVe foaming face wash for normal to oily skin

Use Proactiv 2.5% benzoyl peroxide lotion

Moisturizer is Aveeno positively radiant spf 15

PM: wash face with CeraVe in shower

Proactiv 2.5% BP

Dr. Lin daily hydrating gel aloe moisturizer

I also do a weekly face mask, I like the Origins Clear Improvement mask. For a hydrating mask, you can use the Dr. Lin moisturizer in a thicker layer and use as a mask. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I have combo to oily with acne prone skin!
First, I'd highly recommend a cleanser that does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate - these are what makes it foam and are irritating for your skin.
Instead find one without SLS and then invest in a foaming net which forces it to foam so it still feels like a cleanser.

My morning routine is:
- "Cleanse"/ "tone" with Paula's Choice Clear Regular strengh BHA. So I pop this on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face to get rid of residual oil and to pu that BHA onto my skin. I would definitely try not cleansing fully in the morning to see how your skin reacts because I found it helped alot as it wasn't stripping my skin so much
- Serum (Paulas Choice Resist Super Light, Derma E Hydrating Serum(
- Sunscreen (Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30) this has a tint and a very high Zinc component which is great for acne and your skin in general

Night:
- Clinique Cleansing Balm or Cleansing oil. I also do a facial massage/ lymphatic drainage when I use these products that lasts anywhere from 5 - 30 minutes
- Cleanse with natural SLS free cleanser
- Tone with BHA
- OPTIONAL: Serum OR Benzoyl Peroxide
- Moisturiser: Rosehip Oil and/OR La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

I would also highly recommend running any products and their ingredients lists through Cosdna which shows you the chances of irritation and acne triggering for each product.

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

I also have acne-prone and oily skin. I use LUSH Herbalism face wash daily and the LUSH Tea Tree Water toner spray after I wash. When I'm experiencing bad breakouts I use face masks. Mask of Magnaminty is great, but it's very drying, so you might not want to use it more than two days in a row. Luckily though it doesn't need to be refrigerated so it lasts a long time. The other face mask I recommend is Catastrophe Cosmetic or "the blueberry one" as I call it haha. It's less drying but still helped to zap my breakouts.

I think natural is the best way to go but that could be just me!

sylveonplath
Learner
Learner

Post by sylveonplath »

This is my routine that's been helping getting my cystic acne under control, the only time I've been completely spot-free since puberty was when I was on Accutane, but that was a nightmare for a lot of reasons.

Morning:
Wash with Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser (creamy formula) - wipe off with clean face cloth to exfoliate
Acid tone with Pixi Glow Tonic
Follow with Lush Tea Tree Water
Pat on Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution (2-3 drops)
Clinique Dramatically Different Gel Moisturizer w. 1 drop Paula's Choice Vitamin C Booster
Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer + Becca Ever Matte primer on my t-zone and chin

Night:
Neutrogena wash (same face cloth as morning, I use a new one every day)
Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads
Spritz with rose water
Paula's Choice 1% Clinical Retinol treatment (3x a week)
Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizer (sometimes I add a few drops of the Kiehl's night time oil blend)

Return to “Skincare”