Cheesie

june203
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cheesie

Post by june203 »

snowangel wrote:but since they both stay in KL and were once so close, it seems weird that they can drift away so easily..
Well, cheesie has been travelling between sg and jpn.. and I guess aud is becoming less of a "weeaboo", while cheesie is still "everything japanese ftw". :? I guess that's enough to make them drift apart.

Seijun

Post by Seijun »

^ Yep; and Cheesie spends a lot of time trying for the 'Perfect Japanese Housewife' shting, she probably thinks her Danna approves of only a few of her friends (especially the Japanese acquaintances) or whatevs...

Navi
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Navi »

I think in some recent blog she said "our Japanese ways" or whatever referring to how her family is "Japanese" in how they live, as opposed to Malaysians who hire home help.... Except she truly is just a sad wannabe who thinks she can cosplay a culture while denouncing and rejecting her roots.

Lestat
Learner
Learner

Post by Lestat »

http://cheeserland.com/2016/03/the-helper/
...two weeks ago, our helper has run away and I won’t be getting any help at least for the time being.
She ran away like a dog???
Although she didn’t technically “run away”, but it was treated as a runaway case and I had to make the police report and pay a hefty compound..
Initially I felt a little bad. I mean, she must have missed her family very much. She texted, “I need to take care of my son, he is so thin now. I hope you understand“.
But later I found out from one of her helper friends that the reason she chose not to return was because of boyfriend trouble. She was supposed to get married to a nice man when she finishes her contract (and I knew about it and agreed to let her go back if she wishes to), but she met another guy recently (!?! when?!) and now is in a love triangle drama.
Agreed to let her go?? do you own her??? do you have the right to agree?? how do you believe what the other maids said?? she didn't have time to meet a boyfriend because she was working? is that why you ask when?? Cant she leave her job anytime??
And honestly? A helper was one of the worst things we have ever brought into our family.

She was allowed a smart-phone from the beginning, had access to our internet 24 hours, and when she finishes her work, which is typically around 8pm, she can go back to her room and talk to her family and friends, and Skype with her son however much she likes. Everyday.
She was allowed wow. She has a room in your house and can use you wifi how kind of you!!! and can talk with family at night. wow.

Occasionally she was also allowed to meet her sister and friends for lunches and go for her agency’s maid gatherings. She went back to Philippines four times to see her family while working with us in a short year, once when her grandfather passed away, and three times when we had to go back to Japan for a few weeks.[/quote]
Some friends were shocked at how much freedom we gave her, and warned that we would surely regret it because they will just take advantage of your kindness and ask for more instead of appreciating it and giving the same back to you.
OMG you gave some freedom to a human being, HOW KIND.
“Never ever allow handphones. Don’t let them mix with other helpers.”

Don't let them mix??? WTF? cant hey have friends?? cant they chose their friends??
One day I accidentally found out that she has been buying her own groceries without my knowledge. Sometimes I sent her out to buy groceries, and it must have been going on for a while. She would buy the family things, and then a separate grocery for herself and hid it in her room thinking that I wouldn’t notice.
If you agreed to allow her live in your house, you should know that she will need extra groceries, maybe personal things like period pads or aspirins or a little snack. Oh i forgot, she is your slave.
some of the cosmetics or outfits were things that I didn’t use anymore or probably don’t even remember having, and she must have thought that I get so much sponsored stuff all the time so it’s pretty much free stuff anyway, therefore it’s nothing wrong that she could take for her own use… I guess? But still, not having the courtesy to ask for permission was really disrespectful.

(By the way regarding this issue the danna was like “I guess she really really wanted them? Why don’t you just give her more stuff? Then she won’t take anymore.” Awesome logic.)
All my friends that had maids gave them clothes that they don't need anymore as well, make up, perfumes and even electronics that don't use anymore, since they come from poverty, and you have so much make up and thing that were given free shouldn't be difficult to be a little generous.
I used to think her husband was an idiot but I see he is actually a good hearted person.

One moment I wished she was gone, but then the next moment I looked at the clean house and fresh laundry, and I suddenly felt very thankful for her. What would I do without her? She was just doing her job! And I started to feel guilty for my own pettiness. I mean, she was considered a really good helper compared to many other scary stories I have heard.
And then the very next moment I was feeling real shit because I knew I couldn’t do without a helper at home and I couldn’t imagine a life without one. I mean, honestly?? I have not swept the floor for one year.
To be honest, I even feel a little ashamed that I have one. It made me feel less of a mother. Did I really need one? Am I less capable of other mothers who did it all by themselves? Am I just plain lazy????
And then I realized I have not really treated her as part of our family as I promised myself to. I tried real hard, trust me, I did. But I could not. She was completely an outsider in our house. One who could not fit into our family culture. A family member does not do sneaky things behind your back betting on luck that you will never find out. And on the other hand you don’t always be wary or distrustful towards a family member.
So long ago, I worked in a grocery store (only for two weeks) I did everything, cleaning, organize and work as a cashier, I was paid less than one U.S dollar an hour, and I was not allow to clean my hands at the toilet room and to drink water, so I started bringing my own bottled water and my boss, who was a young woman said I was stealing water every day. Every time she forgot where she left her keys or money she said I was stealing. REMANDS ME OF CHEESIE.
Plus, think of the differences between a human helper and a Robot Helper:

A Robot Helper will never wear your clothes without permission.
A Robot Helper will never peel half the prawns and secretly throw half away just because prawn peeling gets too troublesome.
A Robot Helper doesn’t put on full make up and take selfies in the toilet.
A Robot Helper will never compare with other Robot Helpers about their salary. BECAUSE THEY DON’T GET ANY.
---- HOW DARES MY SLAVE TO COMPARE HER SALARY TO OTHERS SLAVES, DOESN'T SHE KNOWS IS AN HONOR TO WORK WITH ME FOR PEANUTS.WTF
Which means, you don’t have to pay your Robot Helper salaries.
A Robot Helper will never request for things, and if it really does, you can always say no without worrying that you will hurt its feelings.
A Robot Helper doesn’t have relatives who die one after another so they can go back to their country to see them. Seriously, 真的有这么多亲戚给你死咩.
A Robot Helper doesn’t get PMS so YOU DON’T HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR ROBOT HELPER’S EMOTIONAL SHIT.
“Set your boundaries for the next one. Never bring her out. AND NO PHONE.”
WHO THE FUCK SUGGESTED THAT??? DON'T BRING HER OUT. WHAT THE FUCK??? Is she a DOG???

WOW, I think she really is rooted.

EMOTIONAL SHIT, A RELATIVE DYING???

What if one day her family business fails and ends up poor and cant make a living out of blogging any more. What if she had to work a job (not from home) and her son fells sick or even die and her employers are annoyed at her
EMOTIONAL SHIT

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

That reminds me of how some people treat their maids in the Middle East. I didn't even know she had a "helper". She always tries to paint the picture like she is this perfect "Japanese" mother to her son. God forbid she has to sweep her own damn floor :roll:

june203
Learner
Learner

Post by june203 »

Sarai wrote:That reminds me of how some people treat their maids in the Middle East. I didn't even know she had a "helper". She always tries to paint the picture like she is this perfect "Japanese" mother to her son. God forbid she has to sweep her own damn floor :roll:
Yes, totally agree with you. She didn't mention her helper else it ruins the perfect image she is trying to portray.

Anyway on the topic of helpers, sad truth, but yes, this is how helpers are treated in SE Asia. Because of the low cost of employing a helper, it isn't uncommon for families to have at least one. At least.

The way these helpers are treated, are mainly due to some "horror stories" of other helpers. Like those that start getting a bf & getting pregnant after given a phone, or those that even bring their bf home to sleep in front of kids etc.. not condoning the employer's actions, but it's really mostly due to these stories + false sense of ownership (that they "own" the helpers) that leads to helpers being treated this way in SE Asia.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

yes, this is how maids are treated in Japan.
I worked as a maid/Nanny in my country when I was a student. I worked with a small boy of some well-off family, I was never treated like that. I wasn't given clothes or anything, but I was given freedom and even free food there. huh

this blog post portrays Cheesie as a bad and LAZY mom, sorrynotsorry

Seijun

Post by Seijun »

Well I too, thought that she had no helper at home, what with portraying herself as the 'I'm following the Japanese way'!? Well, Japanese homemakers don't have helpers and that thing is so culturally ingrained into the Malaysian culture, when she supposedly rejects everything from there... Guess what Cheesie, you can't just declare Japan to be the best at (almost) everything, deny your own home country but still pick whatever suits you from both!

Anyway, I know the phrasing is horrendous (and yes, Cheesie manages to sound like an insensitive prick) but concerning the first part when she says her helper ran away and she had to pay a fine, isn't it how those immigration laws work in Malaysia? Like if a helper is placed into a family (then sent there with a specific visa), the family then becomes legally responsible for the helper and in [i']trouble'[/i] if they leave the family but not the country?

I'm genuinely curious here, I know nothing about immigration laws outside of the French ones...

ShirleySher
Learner
Learner

Post by ShirleySher »

In her defense, that's really how "helper" (maid) are treated in Malaysia :( it's like a "rules” when hiring a maid.

Lestat
Learner
Learner

Post by Lestat »

That is very not japanese of her. She will never be japanse.

june203
Learner
Learner

Post by june203 »

From Cheesie's latest post:
Thalassemia
I am a Thalassemia carrier. Basically it is a type of blood disorder that causes abnormal hemoglobin formation, and it is quite common among South East Asians. People with Thalassemia can die, but I am lucky that I am only a carrier, where I am carrying only the gene and not the disorder itself (meaning if I marry another carrier, we may have a baby who has severe Thalassemia disorder. Luckily Thalassemia is almost unheard of among Japanese people.). But I do get some health disadvantages from it because it does make me physically weaker and more easily tired and get breathless due to low blood count.
And being a Thalassemia carrier makes you very anaemic during pregnancy. I got lots of red flags during my first pregnancy, and this time it was worse that my gynae said she almost had a heart attack looking at my blood test result. I had only half the count of iron of what a normal pregnant woman should have. And lack of iron makes one tired, weak, dizzy and it could affect the baby.
The worst thing is, being Thalassemic your body cannot really absorb iron the normal way so you can’t just simply pop an iron pill to up your iron level. I could only get it from natural sources like food and milk in hope that my body can process it.
Don't mind me asking: Do pregnant moms generally take so many pills? I'm not a mom yet, so I'm just curious if it's just a pregnancy thing, or is it just her? :?

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

if she has a disease, that is normal.
but usually pregnant women tend to take some vitamins, some don't even take them though.

KimClarke
Learner
Learner

Post by KimClarke »

Yup am pregnant. I take fish oil, multivitamins and calcium pills daily as well.

Sent from my LG-H340 using Tapatalk

Coyote
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Coyote »

Uh wow. She can fuck right off with that 'maid ownership' bullshit. It's a human-being, not your slave. What a fucking fraud...tries to play off that she's the perfect Japanese housewife when she's just a lazy poser. Japanese women don't have maids or helpers, they do it all themselves. She thinks she has such an understanding of the cultural norms but apparently she missed that glaring fact.

Anemia during pregnancy is normal and most women in general do not get the correct amount of iron. Which is why in the west they make you take ONE prenatal pill at a time, not 50 fucking horse pills.
God I'm getting so sick of this pathetic image she keeps trying to play off, that everything in her life is so perfect and she does so much for her family. Bull-fucking-shit.

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

She gave birth. I'm sure she'll be named something very Japanese :roll:

june203
Learner
Learner

Post by june203 »

Oh yes I'm sure. Her dad's Jap, so with a Jap surname, she'll prob have to go with a Jap name.

Esp when her mother is a "All for Japan!" woman. How can a non-Jap name sound right for her perfect half-Japanese baby girl? *sacarsm*

Seijun

Post by Seijun »

Did she find a name which includes the month of her birth like she did with Junya tho (something like Mayumi or whatever)? :roll:

JennyReckless
Informer
Informer

Post by JennyReckless »

The Name is Sakura if I understood her right on her blog.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

really? :?

sithsoms
Learner
Learner

Post by sithsoms »