:tu:

CandyCastles
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thrift Thick Part 2

Post by CandyCastles »

Her foundation never really matches her well but it was so obvious in the Tarte video. It just made it even more obvious that she doesn't blend her foundation in well at all.

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

aaand another review. I haven't even watched the last 5 review vids because I can't see them anymore. it's vid after vid after vid and it's always the same. so boring.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus »

I guess she's really taking the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach to her videos

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

CraftyLady
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CraftyLady »

I would never buy any foundation off of her reviews...they always look horrible on her.

baakla
Talker
Talker

Post by baakla »

Bluffology
Informer
Informer

Post by Bluffology »

Who in her comments is constantly requesting these liquid lipsticks reviews? WHO!? I will pick an internet fight with them. They need to be stopped. Lol. All her reviews just need to stop in general for a while. I am having trouble just getting through the beginning of them.

1. She apologizes about the lighting.

2. She apologizes about the bubbling acne on her face and then uses her fingers to rub all over them because we wouldn’t know where to look otherwise.

3. She says that soooo many people have requested a review for this product and she gladly will be their monkey for the day.

4. If it is not a lip product or drugstore, she will hold up a sample.

5. She goes on the website and it is really nice to be able to see what the company actually claims for their product but seriously who wants to hear all of that? Go on the website, tell me the size, price, and “pick out” the claims. "This product is supposed to be brightening, moisturizing, have a 24 hour wear." DONE. I do not care about the magical pearls found during the moon landing whatever “ingredient” that is in the product. If someone really wanted to know about these BS ingredients, they can pause the video and read everything for themselves.

6. Finally, she starts applying the product. For all the lip colors that suits Cassie beautifully, nothing else matches this girl. We then have to sit through 1 minute of this is not my color, too yellow, too dark, good thing I didn’t buy the actual product, the things I do for you guys...

I relate to Cassie so much. I try not to bash her too much for looking a hot mess, background looking dirty, clothes looking gross because I understand that with depression, you can start neglecting yourself and then everything around you. It's so easy to fall into these bad habits when you don't have obligations like school or a job that you HAVE to face everyday. It seems like her parents aren't going to be harsh on her about it. Either her depression medications aren't working or maybe she is just simply lazy, idk. I hope for her mental health that she goes out and gets some mindless part time job just to force herself out of what seems to be this rut in her life. I know she was super happy to be moving back home but I think after coming to terms with the fact that she's drowning in debt for no reason as of right now, that has got to hurt.

robinette
Debater
Debater

Post by robinette »

This passive-agressive "I'm doing this review for YOU evne if it ruins my skin."-shit anooyed the hell out of me. I almost posted a comment under her latest revie. No, I don't want you to be my make-up monkey. There's no need to "sacrifice" yourself for me. Go and review stuff you like and that's useful for you.

Fuck, she's old enough to be able to priotize and her skin and the health of her skin should range higher than some comment on youtube. Especially as she already has such problematic skin.

I'm also on the fence of excusing her messy background and un-kempt appearance with her depression. She clearly has enough spoons to film and edit videos, answer comments and be actice on twitter, go shopping, meet friends, etc. That would mean her priorities are screwed up when she can't be arsed to make herself more presentable when filming. Make-up isn't going to distract from those ugly, worn-to-death sweaters and shirts.

And besides, isn't she living with her dad? Does she have her own apartment in his house or is this the family living room/den?

vetiver
Learner
Learner

Post by vetiver »

I don't think she's planning on getting a part time job any time soon, unfortunately. I also think it would be really good for her, but she referred to reviewing foundation and editing as her workday, so she seems pretty content with what she's doing right now.

I know she didn't really choose the shade this time around, but she isn't as neutral as she seems to think. I wish she would try cool toned products every once in a while, because I really think those would match her better. You could see the clear line where she put on her foundation, and she didn't seem to have any on under her glasses at all, even though she was supposedly checking to see how the foundation wears underneath them.

eyecandy017
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by eyecandy017 »

Does she do anything except film and edit her boring and repetitive videos? She's out of school now, yes?
"I stand behind my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things." -Leslie Knope :love2:

eyecandy017
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by eyecandy017 »

Also sorry for the double post but i'm going to crawl in her window at night and wax that atrocious mustache
"I stand behind my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things." -Leslie Knope :love2:

optative
Talker
Talker

Post by optative »

robinette wrote:This passive-agressive "I'm doing this review for YOU evne if it ruins my skin."-shit anooyed the hell out of me. I almost posted a comment under her latest revie. No, I don't want you to be my make-up monkey. There's no need to "sacrifice" yourself for me. Go and review stuff you like and that's useful for you.
oh my god, yes. This annoyed me so much. She's basically like " this is probably going to ruin my skin lol oops it's your fault guys!"
Like, literally no one requested this. You just reviewed it bc you had a freaking sample...

gugogi16
Informer
Informer

Post by gugogi16 »

She looks like a slug in her newest thumbnail. It's probably the worst thumbnail I've seen her put up. With that tiny amount of foundation on it that brush looks like it just has mold growing on it and that's why she's making that stank face.
Aspyn + Parker Drinking Game: https://goo.gl/56VmWq :cheers:

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

Continued from last thread...
paidinfluencer wrote:
meebee wrote:
onionface wrote:
And as far as Cassie's picking is concerned,I fully understand but it doesn't mean that I can't find the result unappealing.
I'm with ya on that. I couldn't even watch today's video because of that large gaping wound on her forehead. Just thinking of her applying primer and foundation over her glistening wounds turned my stomach and I had to click out. I'm not even a squeamish person but man, I couldn't stomach that. Let the damn thing scab before applying shit all over it at least!

Ugh, just writing this and thinking about it again is making me sick... :barf:
I have dermtomilia as well but I get it. I'm not as bad as I used to be but like another poster said whenever you get the tiniest zit or blackhead or anything you just start picking and picking until your skin much worse than it actually is. I always used to have big scabs on my face, worse than Cassie's. I still pick but I've gotten better at stopping before it becomes a giant wound and only pick a little. I'm sure this goes without saying but you can't just say, "stop doing, it," lol. It's psychological. Very hard not to do it.

Anyway, all that said while I sympathize with her and it doesn't bother me, I do agree it is rather unappealing to look at and I thought the fresh wound in her last video was gross to look at, too, just like I know it looks gross and unappealing when I pick. It's just how it goes. You can help it.
Yeah but she could wait till it heals or put some concealer on it before she starts filming. We all feel for her but at the same time she has to be aware that it is hard to look at and really take control of the situation.
Exactly! I don't care if she picks, hell I pick too. Not compulsively but I enjoy picking on zits and blackheads. I even get a kick out of watching people getting their pimples and cysts popped on YT. But she had a gaping wound on her forehead and she's putting makeup all over it. I don't know how it wasn't painful to her. Had she allowed it to scab, it wouldn't have bothered me.

Cactuswater
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cactuswater »

Ew you guys! Quit mentioning it, I'm trying to forget I saw that! It really made me cringe, it was borderline offensive! Should have censored that part and cut to a cute clip of Galeleio! :?

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

gugogi16 wrote:She looks like a slug in her newest thumbnail. It's probably the worst thumbnail I've seen her put up. With that tiny amount of foundation on it that brush looks like it just has mold growing on it and that's why she's making that stank face.
I don't get why you would upload and ugly thumbnail.......? Like you want people to watch your videos, right? Not one single thing about a picture of her terrible skin and her making a dumb face is appealing to anyone. No one is checking for the ~quirky~ girl, Cassie. They want the girl who looks like she knows how to apply makeup.

And again she went with a too-sheer product. I think that's definitely why she seems to hate most foundations she reviews. They're too sheer for her very problematic skin and she gets mad they don't cover up her "crusty bits" enough. If she tried out more full coverage products(and learned to apply foundation correctly) I think she'd have a higher success rate. Remember how good the Kat Von D foundation looked on her?

vetiver
Learner
Learner

Post by vetiver »

She's never satisfied with full coverage foundations either, though. Even lightweight ones she always says don't look natural enough for her preference.

Krissy
Informer
Informer

Post by Krissy »

She'd probably have a better result with her make-up testing if she upped her skincare routine. I understand she has oily skin, as well as a skin picking condition but destroying your face with different foundations, powders and primers is not the answer to get the nice clear skin that the bulk of these make-up brands consider to be the ideal canvas for products to go on. I think this is why she focuses on the lip products, it seems damn near impossible for a lipstick to interfere with the skin condition on your forehead...

I've left her "Best & Worst of Beauty" on in the background for the past couple of days while I've been working (I like chatty videos, and she's certainly chatty)... her older videos have me sitting here like "Cassie, why did you allow YT to alter your personality?". She just seemed so much more bubbly and happy and took more pride in her appearance. Now I just feel like she's getting lazy in comparison so she can just crank out a few videos a week to get some spending money towards new products that are going to destroy her skin. I get that she reads here and a single person can only handle so much 'hate' but even constructive criticism gets to her. Personal grooming preferences aside, she can't possibly think that the facial hair (not the usual baby hairs that everyone has) is going to just be hidden by the 'sheer coverage' crap she thinks will actually do something for her multi-toned skin. I'm Italian, we're a hairy bunch and plucking, waxing or any hair removal remedies / creams are just a necessary thing when you're trying to pull off a 'flawless finish'. I tried the "oatmeal, honey & lemon juice" hair removal 'life hack' and it actually did work for me. Maybe she should consider it, doesn't damage the skin and would actually help her application so she can at least give the foundation a fighting chance.
Krissy | Code Ninja | Lover of all things fluffy.

LipstickOnMyTeeth
Talker
Talker

Post by LipstickOnMyTeeth »

I'm just glad that she actually acknowledged that this shade does not match her instead of blaming it on "lighting"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sarcastic bitch with an affinity for anything pink and or covered in glitter.

Return to “Thrift Thick”