Katy hearn

bumblebee33
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Katy hearn

Post by bumblebee33 »

I don't think Katy realizes that you can show off a bikini without being topless....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forthethrillofit
Informer
Informer

Re: Katy hearn

Post by forthethrillofit »

she always does stuff like that! I love Katy and I feel like she's pretty normal and humble even though I know she's loaded from those challenges. but the booty shots are too much sometimes lol

lolateveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by lolateveryone »

lol, used to love this girl. haven't for a while

bumblebee33
Learner
Learner

Post by bumblebee33 »

She's rude. Humble to the ladies who spend 200$ on her challenges ... Anyone else who asks questions gets ignored or she has a snarky remark
It's just disgusting how people praise her and Haydn, and girls literally go to the extreme dieting to look like her meanwhile they're pumping eachother with Clen and anavar lol. And yeah, we get it, you have a nice butt, but you don't need to be topless and have half your tits hanging out, she clearly doesn't have respect for her body lmfao!

bumblebee33
Learner
Learner

Post by bumblebee33 »

Her fiancé must feel so special that she wants the entire world to seen her practically naked lmfaaaoo

Rose Quartz
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Rose Quartz »

bumblebee33 wrote:I don't think Katy realizes that you can show off a bikini without being topless....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tits are tits...

Sent from Beach City

jh31f
Talker
Talker

Post by jh31f »

I did 2 of her challenges, I dont know that they were worth $200 a piece. I mean, I learned some stuff but you could look up a lot of what she included in the info packets she sends. I only lost about 5lb in both challenges. The last challenge I did she answered my e-mails like 3-4 days after I sent them. Which may seem nitpicky but when you have questions about that days workout and you dont hear from her till 3 days later..... It also blew my mind that she doesn't include any mobility work in the program since a LOT of the girl's doing the challenges have never worked out in their lives and go from 0 to 5 days a week in the gym lifting heavy without a personal trainer to watch their form. I expected a lot more interaction from her and Haydn in the facebook group or even in the hashtag on instagram, I mean they're making $200x1000 girls 4x a year lol she seems like a nice enough person but I'm not sure I feel the hype anymore. Good for her for getting loaded from instagram I suppose.

forthethrillofit
Informer
Informer

jh31f wrote:I did 2 of her challenges, I dont know that they were worth $200 a piece. I mean, I learned some stuff but you could look up a lot of what she included in the info packets she sends. I only lost about 5lb in both challenges. The last challenge I did she answered my e-mails like 3-4 days after I sent them. Which may seem nitpicky but when you have questions about that days workout and you dont hear from her till 3 days later..... It also blew my mind that she doesn't include any mobility work in the program since a LOT of the girl's doing the challenges have never worked out in their lives and go from 0 to 5 days a week in the gym lifting heavy without a personal trainer to watch their form. I expected a lot more interaction from her and Haydn in the facebook group or even in the hashtag on instagram, I mean they're making $200x1000 girls 4x a year lol she seems like a nice enough person but I'm not sure I feel the hype anymore. Good for her for getting loaded from instagram I suppose.
Yeah, I've heard mixed things about her challenges! To be honest I don't think its worth it. She claims that you get customized macros and her and Haydn are available for questions but come on... truly customized macros take so many factors into consideration. I'm pretty sure Katy and a lot of other fitness coaches plug your numbers into a macro calculator and give those to you. Which is fine but don't charge me 200 bucks for that and some videos. I think you can plug your own info into a macro calculator and start there, and adjust them as you start to see or don't start to see progress. I genuinely feel like a lot of these customized macro programs on instagram are a scam. And Katy is getting loaded off of it... the gym she is building looks absolutely gorgeous and so does her and Haydn's house. I feel like she is humble, a lot more humble than a lot of IG fitness girls but she has definitely changed since getting money.

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup »

I bought one of her challenges as well and I definitely regret it. The workout plan is nice and everything, but it's nothing I couldn't have figured out or created on my own. I'm not sure how macro calculating worked for her older plans, but the one I did last summer she just told everyone to plug in their info in the calculator she has on her website, but she doesn't actually calculate them for you. In hindsight, I should have known it was bullshit right then. I was completely new to counting macros and having someone basically tell a newbie to figure it out after paying $200 is ridiculous. Her instagram videos are also helpful, but completely impractical to use in the gym. I felt so putzy having to go back and find these videos and watch them in the gym for reference. It works for some, but I came to the conclusion that online trainers in general are pretty scammy and not worth the money.

Despite my distaste for her instagram challenges, I still like looking at her instagram for inspiration.

jh31f
Talker
Talker

Post by jh31f »

If you're like completely new its maybe worth it lol but do a couple weeks of your own research and its not anymore. That's exactly how shes figures your macros, just from her site. Currently I'm doing my own programing and macros and although I'm using some of the exercises she added in her challenges, I've lost more weight doing it myself. Just watch Chelsealifts, Jen Heward (Hunnybunsfit), Megsquats, Kara Corey (her dietitian talks videos), Carley Rowena etc.. for a few weeks and you've got lots of FACTUAL information on macros/dieting/lifting. Nikki B, Heidi Somers and Robin Gallant also have a lot of full workouts you can literally just follow lol
It would probably be fine if she didn't have 1000 girls per program and kept it low so she could be more personal and answer your e-mails more efficiently. She's also just a PT and hasn't stated she has any additional training (college/uni degrees?) so I'm not sure haha good for her though and I like her insta for sure too! I still follow her and Haydn on insta/twitter/snapchat just won't be contributing to her challenges. I saw her tell a girl on twitter that she doesn't do a cleanse cause the body cleanses itself (which is 10000000% correct) and I liked that hahah

lolateveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by lolateveryone »

I looooved KH at one time, even considered purchasing her plan a few years back. I met her in person at the Arnold, and she was sweet (but who wouldnt be for the 20 seconds you talk to them), her fiance was a bit standoffish but I'm sure he was busy.
I've been bodybuilding for 2 years, as well as doing my own research on macros and lifting in the meantime. I've had 2 prep coaches so I know what goes into programming, especially since I've begun taking my own clients recently. I even have a client who was a KH challenge girl (I have also seen the program she sends her clients). Here are my issues with her:
1. she sends her clients cookie-cutter training plans. This should come as no surprise since shes taking on thousands, but she just assumes everyone has the same goal. Some of the blame has to lie on the person buying this, because they have to know it won't be personalized. Beyond that though, her program is literally something you could find on bodybuilding.com with more emphasis on glutes. Spend an hour researching and you could come up with a similar one and save $200.
2. Her nutrition guide is absolute BS. She advocates for gluten-free (eye roll), no processed foods, foods containing flour, certain sugars are restricted etc. etc. Its no wonder people lose weight fast- anyone would on a typical "bro" diet. However, those diets aren't sustainable in the long-term and many people will end up rebounding.
She also doesn't calculate her clients macros for them, she simply redirects them to her "macro calculator" on her website (which, btw, is an exact copy and paste of the iifymcalculator.com, so technically she stole it)
3. Her clients don't get educated on how to sustain their results. They just follow the program but don't receive any real knowledge about lifting and nutrition how they can implement it into their lives after this. If they want to ask questions it takes her a long time to respond and the responses aren't very lengthy or detailed. I have had 2 ACTUAL coaches in my experience, I do not pay over $150 for them and I am getting detailed responses explaining the SCIENCE behind things within 24 hours.
Sorry for the rant, it just really annoys me how her (and her fiance's I'm assuming) subpar plans are raking her in 6-7 figures a year. I can't say it's not an excellent business idea, I just hope she doesn't get someone who is actually educated in nutrition and fitness to buy one of her plans and expose what a waste of money they are. She is essentially doing the same thing many Shredz athletes doing, minus having her own supplement line. Cookie cutter plans sent out to the masses for her own personal gain. :(

lolateveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by lolateveryone »

I looooved KH at one time, even considered purchasing her plan a few years back. I met her in person at the Arnold, and she was sweet (but who wouldnt be for the 20 seconds you talk to them), her fiance was a bit standoffish but I'm sure he was busy.
I've been bodybuilding for 2 years, as well as doing my own research on macros and lifting in the meantime. I've had 2 prep coaches so I know what goes into programming, especially since I've begun taking my own clients recently. I even have a client who was a KH challenge girl (I have also seen the program she sends her clients). Here are my issues with her:
1. she sends her clients cookie-cutter training plans. This should come as no surprise since shes taking on thousands, but she just assumes everyone has the same goal. Some of the blame has to lie on the person buying this, because they have to know it won't be personalized. Beyond that though, her program is literally something you could find on bodybuilding.com with more emphasis on glutes. Spend an hour researching and you could come up with a similar one and save $200.
2. Her nutrition guide is absolute BS. She advocates for gluten-free (eye roll), no processed foods, foods containing flour, certain sugars are restricted etc. etc. Its no wonder people lose weight fast- anyone would on a typical "bro" diet. However, those diets aren't sustainable in the long-term and many people will end up rebounding.
She also doesn't calculate her clients macros for them, she simply redirects them to her "macro calculator" on her website (which, btw, is an exact copy and paste of the iifymcalculator.com, so technically she stole it)
3. Her clients don't get educated on how to sustain their results. They just follow the program but don't receive any real knowledge about lifting and nutrition how they can implement it into their lives after this. If they want to ask questions it takes her a long time to respond and the responses aren't very lengthy or detailed. I have had 2 ACTUAL coaches in my experience, I do not pay over $150 for them and I am getting detailed responses explaining the SCIENCE behind things within 24 hours.
Sorry for the rant, it just really annoys me how her (and her fiance's I'm assuming) subpar plans are raking her in 6-7 figures a year. I can't say it's not an excellent business idea, I just hope she doesn't get someone who is actually educated in nutrition and fitness to buy one of her plans and expose what a waste of money they are. She is essentially doing the same thing many Shredz athletes doing, minus having her own supplement line. Cookie cutter plans sent out to the masses for her own personal gain. :(

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

sj13 wrote:I looooved KH at one time, even considered purchasing her plan a few years back. I met her in person at the Arnold, and she was sweet (but who wouldnt be for the 20 seconds you talk to them), her fiance was a bit standoffish but I'm sure he was busy.
These are things I've basically always suspected about these plans, and it's really quite sad because it speaks to a greater lack of knowledge about nutrition and fitness in society. There's so much misinformation out there, and so many companies try to complicate fitness and weight loss to make you buy THEIR product, that people feel like they are ill equipped on their own to figure out how to achieve their goals. And you're right - all of the information is out there, especially these days with how much the online fitness industry has grown. I imagine it seems daunting to many people, and they want the promise of the plan that worked for a hot Instagram girl with 286382031736 followers.

I'm like you, I've always been interested in health, nutrition, and fitness, but basically started out as a 1200 calorie a day, MFP, cardio girl with the occasional plank and bicep curl. It took me awhile, but I've 'figured it out' with the help of YouTuber workout clips, r/fitness and r/xxfitness subreddits, and just other general online research about protein/carbs/fats, muscle-mind connection, mobility work, etc. I think the most important thing though, and you alluded to this, is that figuring out all of this stuff for myself and learning it in a MEANINGFUL way as it applies to me (trial and error over time) has meant that I've developed the lifestyle, not just a x number of weeks program where I'm told exactly what to do. And that's another benefit of an actual in person trainer, or even an online one who is invested in you specifically: you can discuss and collaborate on your own plan and progress, and ultimately that will be more effective.

Anyway, I don't really blame Katy or any of these other girls for charging for these fitness plans. Like, all the power to you for making bank off of society's ignorance over health and fitness, you know? I just think it's sad, and it's something I wish was better understood -- better knowledge about nutrition and improved physical literacy.

Also, just a side note: I always think it's hilarious when all of these programs are based around 'building dat booty!'. I know we all want a nice ass, but shit... there's probably 10 exercises (I'm thinking squat variations, RDLs, hip thrusts, kickbacks) that always make these up. It's not like it's AT ALL new info. Like you said, SO EASY to just google or look at YouTubers free videos.

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

Forgot to include: I do think there's value in IG and YouTube fitness people in general, because without seeing girls clips doing squats, deadlifts, weight training in general, I really don't think "weight training = hot physique" would have ever really 'clicked' for me. I truly don't know if I would have even thought of it, to be honest. In my mind, it was always "1 hour of cardio a day = hot bod". I think there's negatives to it as well, like unrealistic expectations based on Instagram photos (angles and lighting!), but for me it led to the exposure of the fitness industry in general. And I'm grateful for that.

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

thanks y'all for your "reviews" on her program...i've been considering doing one, but now i definitely won't. i've been weight training for almost a year now and have made a lot of progress. i see the progress and before/after pics she posts and think it could be worth it, but i've always thought that what she sends out is probably stuff i already know/do. and ya'll confirmed that lol. she saw a money opportunity and went with it, so not hating at all. i think anyone in her position would take advantage of the opportunities to make money.

i wonder how well her gym will do. i personally think naming it "katy hearn gym" was a bad idea unless she wants it to be a female oriented gym. i'm sure some of hadyn's big fans will go there, but i imagine it will be mostly females going there, which isn't a bad thing, i would love to go to a gym like that. but it kind of limits the amount of customers/members you could be getting.

bumblebee33
Learner
Learner

Post by bumblebee33 »

Another classy post lol
Attention seaaaaker ? since when did the fitness industry get so sexual? Is it just me or do you have to be sexual in order to get followers these days
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

forthethrillofit
Informer
Informer

Lurkosaurus Rex wrote:thanks y'all for your "reviews" on her program...i've been considering doing one, but now i definitely won't. i've been weight training for almost a year now and have made a lot of progress. i see the progress and before/after pics she posts and think it could be worth it, but i've always thought that what she sends out is probably stuff i already know/do. and ya'll confirmed that lol. she saw a money opportunity and went with it, so not hating at all. i think anyone in her position would take advantage of the opportunities to make money.

i wonder how well her gym will do. i personally think naming it "katy hearn gym" was a bad idea unless she wants it to be a female oriented gym. i'm sure some of hadyn's big fans will go there, but i imagine it will be mostly females going there, which isn't a bad thing, i would love to go to a gym like that. but it kind of limits the amount of customers/members you could be getting.

I think the gym is gorgeous, the custom equipment with her emblem engraved in their is sooo sick. But I agree about the name! I think Katy Hearn gym is so strange unless its just her and Haydn and friends working out there. I just feel like its a hard name to market. She's "instagram famous", but not everyone knows her. So I feel like the locals are going to be like "Katy Hearn gym? Who is that?"

forthethrillofit
Informer
Informer

^no idea why I used "their" lol please ignore that guys :rofl:

DMG_DMG
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by DMG_DMG »

I think her challenges do a good job of bringing you to a community of girls with like-minded goals, not saying you can't get that elsewhere, but the social media aspect of it is amazing. For you to post your progress and it gets liked (psychologically we love it when people like our photos, we can't even lie), for you to have a group to vent to that understands exactly what you are venting about, it makes you feel less alone. Whether you are trying to gain or lose weight, committing to this for 8 weeks is bound to create some type of routine that will get health and fitness some longevity in your life. SOO, to sum it up, the information in the challenge may not be worth the $200. Well, in fact it isn't. Face it, it's 2016, I'd say 99% of information we can find on our own, but just because you lead a horse to water doesn't mean they will drink it. I truly feel that we are motivated ALOT but external sources, as well, thriving on positive feedback.

Also, I have no problem with her posting sexual pics. She really can do whatever the hell she wants, but boo, just own it! You don't have to be like "Posing like a mermaid", just say "My booty was poppin today, so here's a pic for the gram" Lol. She's worked incredibly hard for her body, she can show it off if she wants.

Now...... My issues with Katy Kakes

1. Her challenge prize is flying to meet her and work out with her OR cash prize. What if you don't want to meet her? Lol. I would most definitely do one of her challenges and would have ZERO interest in meeting her. I'd rather have the cash, but then I'd look like a huge jerk when she posted that "She actually chose the cash prize :| " Ya know?

2. HAYDN'S INVOLVEMENT IN EVERYTHING. Very annoying. I appreciate how he tries to motivate her girls, but guys need help too. He should focus more on the men's training and building his own brand.

3. NOTHING IS EVER DONE ON TIME AND LACK OF CONSISTENCY. Hey guys gonna start blogging. *stops after a month* hey guys gonna start youtube *starts one year later* Who knows if she'll stick to it. Don't pile on things you can't handle. Super simple.

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

DMG_DMG wrote: 3. NOTHING IS EVER DONE ON TIME AND LACK OF CONSISTENCY. Hey guys gonna start blogging. *stops after a month* hey guys gonna start youtube *starts one year later* Who knows if she'll stick to it. Don't pile on things you can't handle. Super simple.
I just watched her YouTube video she posted recently, and I have to say, she does not have a camera presence. She seemed awkward talking to the camera, and rambled somewhat, making it hard to get through. Not judging, because I would be awful on camera, but she'll have to improve if she wants to do YouTube. I think it's probably one of those things that comes with time though. And, like you said, it'll be interesting to see if she sticks with it. I know she's making bank off of her challenges and such, but YouTube could be extra income for her + way to build her brand even more. God knows she has enough Instagram followers to make it big on YouTube as well.

Return to “Katy Hearn - Archived Threads”