amandajay
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by amandajay »

Sarai wrote:He deleted it, apparently.
You'd think he'd make a big deal out of that. Weird.

beevmaria
Talker
Talker

Post by beevmaria »

Glad there's a thread for him. Subbed him ages ago but hating him more and more. He's so disrespectful and looks incredibly old and unhealthy for his age.

blubaby
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by blubaby »

CielCro
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by CielCro »

I used to like him way back when he did these reply videos to controversial topics about body shaming and everything, thought he was a decent dude who knows what's up, but obviously unsubbed him later because he is one little pretentious fuck and he hates on muslims and I'm muslim so.... yea. :roll:

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

In his new video about the white guy with dreads, he sounds so racist. Only 12 seconds in and he said "I wish we could have picked our own damn cotton" talking about the black girl in the video :o

and then he comments:
MrRepzion2 hours ago (edited)
0:12 yeah. I made a racist joke. Go ahead and unsub now cause your jimmies got offended. Also she is remaining in her position because she's fuckin' black, how's that four a double, juicy standard? What if this was reversed. huh? Oh, right, if you're different skin color you can do whatever the fuck you want cause you're not as 'privileged'
Wowww

zulu
Learner
Learner

Post by zulu »

^ That cotton picking comment...hooooly fuck

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I never seen so many white man tears in a video before. damn he's so winey.
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

Post by Guest »

Sarai wrote:In his new video about the white guy with dreads, he sounds so racist. Only 12 seconds in and he said "I wish we could have picked our own damn cotton" talking about the black girl in the video :o

and then he comments:
MrRepzion2 hours ago (edited)
0:12 yeah. I made a racist joke. Go ahead and unsub now cause your jimmies got offended. Also she is remaining in her position because she's fuckin' black, how's that four a double, juicy standard? What if this was reversed. huh? Oh, right, if you're different skin color you can do whatever the fuck you want cause you're not as 'privileged'
Wowww

The cotton picking comment was SO unnecessary. Just because one black person did something, he suddenly hates all black people?

RoNation
Learner
Learner

Post by RoNation »

What is this "My Coming Out Story" video? Is it clickbait bs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoNation
Learner
Learner

Post by RoNation »

RoNation wrote:What is this "My Coming Out Story" video? Is it clickbait bs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nvm. Checked it - it is. April Fools Day apparently is permissive of crappy jokes like that.

Sorry for double post.

TheBee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheBee »

It's still queerbaiting in the end. Urgh. He was never really smart or original, but he at least used to be a bit careful over what he said in his videos (I think) and TRIED to be understanding of peoples' views. Now he's just a full on raging, bitter asshole. I don't know why keeps trying to be funny - he admitted himself he's not funny and that he'd stop trying to make funny videos, but he's just turned into more of a try-hard than ever.

Also, it's been mentioned before in this thread, but I love how he keeps bashing this site for doing nothing but criticize youtubers, when that's what he's built his fucking youtube career on. The criticism you've gotten here has been super gentle, Rep. I'd hate to see how you'd react to someone "criticizing" you the way you "criticize" your hate-crush Anita Sarkeesian. But hey, keep crying and throwing a tantrum at people having different views than you, or being annoyed at your shitty arguments, it's really becoming.

There's so many things he said he'd work on that he never really did. His bitterness, negativity, ego, awful sense of humor, he's admitted to all this, and every time he said he'd keep it in check from then on, but he never followed up, never even seemed to try, and he'd go right back to his habits the next video. It's like he knows his flaws, but doesn't understand them. Actually, now that I think about it, "knowing but not understanding" describes him to a tee, just generally speaking.

I never particularly liked him, but I did subscribe to him a while ago for a couple weeks/months to see how he'd evolve cause I thought, well, he seemed like he at least tries to be a decent human being, so all he needed was deeper critical thinking to make his videos good, and that can be worked on fairly easily if you're willing to. He failed. For now, at least. From what I understand, he was pretty bitter about religion after his breakup with christianity but eventually got better? Maybe this is a similar "angry at SJW's!!" phase. Whatever, not holding my breath.

amandamcshane1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by amandamcshane1 »

x

cact1

Post by cact1 »

Has anyone watched his newest Q&A? He kind of tries to defend his racist comments but I wasn't very convinced by his explanation. I also feel really uncomfortable when he talks to anything related to his sex life. This guy is so creepy.

TheBee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheBee »

Since you mentioned it, I went and checked it out and...yeah, not buying it either. Saying "I'm not racist" does not make you NOT racist. And your actions in your personal life aren't the only ones that matter, your actions and words online can be harmful, or at least shitty, as well. Yes, even jokes, especially when they're as gratuitous as his terribly unfunny and unoriginal cotton-picking joke. Words, jokes, they don't exist in a vacuum and it's just delusional to think they have no influence on other people, on our views, and ultimately, on our culture. And he gets it when he's not the one under scrutiny - didn't he call out Nicole Arbour for her fat-shaming jokes? But Trisha's trolling videos are A-OK now? There's no problem with his cotton-picking comment? I don't really understand his point ultimately, or where he draws the line.

Not that it's his responsibility to be perfect or anything, but he could just own up to the fact that he likes spouting shitty things online for his racist, anti-feminist audience to eat up. It gets him cheap and easy views, and he gets a sense of validation, since those people are SUPER loyal and dedicated to youtubers who pander to them, so I get why he does it. Maybe what I really get annoyed by is his insistence that he's this subversive, open-minded, totally prejudice-free guy when he's just closing himself more and more into a bitter bubble.

TheBee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheBee »

Since you mentioned it, I went and checked it out and...yeah, not buying it either. Saying "I'm not racist" does not make you NOT racist. And your actions in your personal life aren't the only ones that matter, your actions and words online can be harmful, or at least shitty, as well. Yes, even jokes, especially when they're as gratuitous as his terribly unfunny and unoriginal cotton-picking joke. Words, jokes, they don't exist in a vacuum and it's just delusional to think they have no influence on other people, on our views, and ultimately, on our culture. And he gets it when he's not the one under scrutiny - didn't he call out Nicole Arbour for her fat-shaming jokes? But Trisha's trolling videos are A-OK now? There's no problem with his cotton-picking comment? I don't really understand his point ultimately, or where he draws the line.

Not that it's his responsibility to be perfect or anything, but he could just own up to the fact that he likes spouting shitty things online for his racist, anti-feminist audience to eat up. It gets him cheap and easy views, and he gets a sense of validation, since those people are SUPER loyal and dedicated to youtubers who pander to them, so I get why he does it. Maybe what I really get annoyed by is his insistence that he's this subversive, open-minded, totally prejudice-free guy when he's just closing himself more and more into a bitter bubble.

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

He's one of those people that probably gets uneasy around POC and says shit like "I don't mind them if they don't 'act ghetto' " lol

unni_
Informer
Informer

Post by unni_ »

I didn't really want to talk about this guy because, im not trying to diagnose but its impossible to deny, its obvious he has autism or something similar and so I can understand he may not understand some stuff and thats why he acts the way he does, but i just really really hate him.

He's sooooo racist, and he thinks its okay because his content is meant to be 'satirical'? When the whole thing with finebros happened, he was very racist about them being jewish, and everything he says about muslims omg :o the only reason he can get away with this shit is because his viewers are the same as him - weird loner freaks. The majority of them poc and woman hating losers who still live in their parents house.

Honestly, I don't think his racism is only directed towards poc and muslims, he does make videos about hating christians too, but the thing is, the time we're living in now. it's very irresponsible to be saying the things he says about muslims because he's just encouraging hate and ignorance.

His videos are pathetically ignorant and uneducated. And lets not forget he said the n-word multiple times!! And he can't say he's not sexist if he's against feminism, like has he never taken a history class?? pains me to watch his vids but i like to be reminded of just how dumb people can be sometimes

unni_
Informer
Informer

Post by unni_ »

I didn't really want to talk about this guy because, im not trying to diagnose but its impossible to deny, its obvious he has autism or something similar and so I can understand he may not understand some stuff and thats why he acts the way he does, but i just really really hate him.

He's sooooo racist, and he thinks its okay because his content is meant to be 'satirical'? When the whole thing with finebros happened, he was very racist about them being jewish, and everything he says about muslims omg :o the only reason he can get away with this shit is because his viewers are the same as him - weird loner freaks. The majority of them poc and woman hating losers who still live in their parents house.

Honestly, I don't think his racism is only directed towards poc and muslims, he does make videos about hating christians too, but the thing is, the time we're living in now. it's very irresponsible to be saying the things he says about muslims because he's just encouraging hate and ignorance.

His videos are pathetically ignorant and uneducated. And lets not forget he said the n-word multiple times!! And he can't say he's not sexist if he's against feminism, like has he never taken a history class?? pains me to watch his vids but i like to be reminded of just how dumb people can be sometimes

Cauliflower5
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Cauliflower5 »

I feel sorry for him. He just seems a bit unstable.

Return to “MrRepzion/Daniel Sulzbach”