Valentine's Day

Kleineganz

Re: Valentine's Day

Post by Kleineganz »

Finally finalized our plans. I'm doing a romantic dinner at home, and we'll be watching Masterpiece Theatre's "Casanova" (starring David Tennant). Should be a fun evening. :)

nothinggold
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nothinggold »

I'm making cookies for work tomorrow! I always make cookies for holidays.

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

nothing on the 14th, but my school and the sororities and frats are throwing a fancy valentine's day formal at a local museum on the 15th. a bunch of my friends and i will be going to that because it's free, so why the hell not :P

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

worked 7 and a half hours yesterday (the 13th). likely to do the same today on valentines day.

....I work at a chocolate shop. I'm guessing you see my dilemma. :x
working at a chocolate shop during the holidays, valentines day and Easter = NO ME GUSTA!

moomin.
Debater
Debater

Post by moomin. »

People actually celebrate Saint Valentines day?

vodka0nrocks
Learner
Learner

Post by vodka0nrocks »

pink, white, & red m&m's half off . . .yummmmmm :)

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

moomin. wrote:People actually celebrate Saint Valentines day?
Why not?

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

moomin. wrote:People actually celebrate Saint Valentines day?
Yes. It's very common actually. Do you think it's strange?

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I'm not single, but I'm still doing absolutely nothing. I got flowers, an edible arrangement (YUM!) and a card from the boyfriend, but other than that today is just like any other day. I don't really see the big deal about Valentine's Day and I hate going out because the restaurants and other "date spots" are always packed and loud and irritating. I'm actually sort of glad that my boyfriend is out of town, I don't want to have to explain why I don't want to go out tonight haha

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Ended up going out for frozen custard (seriously so good) with my husband and then going over to my mother-in-law's house and folding laundry. She is disabled, so the laundry kinda builds a wall at the end of her bed sometimes. It was a good day :)

just being nosey
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by just being nosey »

we did the same thing here "nothing". my husband had to work and i help my step daughter to do a school project, but my son did get me a Valentine's hug and kiss :kotc: and he the cutest dance for me :nana: ( he is only 3). :love2:

fukou
Debater
Debater

Post by fukou »

i got my parents each a stuffed dog that looks just like one of our pets that passed away recently. my mom cuddled with it all day, it was cute. my dad gave me a little tiger in a mug and a box of hershey's (my piece of shit brother broke into it and stole some even though my dad got him a full size package of reeses that he ATE entirely the second he got it. i was livid)
it was a half shitty day just because my brother. he ruins everything. HOWEVER i'm excited for tomorrow because i want to get clearance stuffed animals damn it.

allure
Informer
Informer

Post by allure »

I am super upset. So I was planning to surprise my husband with his favorite dinner for Valentine's. I got off work at 2:30 and drove an hour to pick up my baby from my moms, went to the store, and hurried back home to cook for him. He comes home right as it's finished, and I notice he doesn't have anything for me! Not even a card. He ate dinner and now he's off watching The West Wing! Grr I got a card and a little gift for him but he's not getting it now. :(

I don't want advice btw I just wanna get that off my chest..

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Emerald »

What are you guys doing for Valentine's Day?

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

I'm going to work, woot!

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 »

I'm working 2-8. and to be honest I have a boyfriend and all...but I still find this "holiday" strange.

Liney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liney »

If I have one more person ask me what I'm going for Valentine's day and then proceed about how I'll find someone great and anyone who can't see how great I am is missing out blah blah blah. Thanks kind strangers at work! I am also working tomorrow, so I'm expecting even more of this crap.

#bittersingleperson

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

listening to my "friend" talk about her valentine's day plans some more (she's been talking about them already since early january) :bang:

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

I'm working. I'm also staying at home this year with a few glasses of nice wine and watching David Boreanaz slash bitches, which I do every year, regardless of my plans. If people in relationships want to do something special, good for them. I've never cared too much about this day, but I've gone out with past boyfriends. Nothing special, but still nice/okay I guess. The only thing that bugs me about Valentine's Day (and many others) is that they jack up the prices like the world ends on the next day. That's why I've always avoided the world on that day, except school, uni or work.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

I'll have work for a few hours early in the morning, then I'll find somewhere to sit and read until my husband picks me up. Then we'll go get something for dinner. Honestly, I'd be happy with a burrito bowl. :toad:

Return to “Holidays”