Essiebutton: Single White Female

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Essiebutton: Single White Female

Post by chairmanmeow »

^ where she lived in Canada there are no real Scandinavian roots. If she lived in Thunder Bay, then there would be Finnish roots but from what I know of Kitchener, there aren't any Scandinavia roots.

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

Ahh okay. I wasn't sure what area she was from.
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

letswiki wrote:I feel like Carrie (wishwishwish) has had hers for a year... (I've followed her blog since she started it and she posted on thehighstreet, lol.)

It's definitely a trend.

Another one: http://www.fashionrocksmysocks.com

I swear I was looking at new blogs the other day and saw another two with the same style of header.
And her illustrations were done by Kris Atomic who is a pretty big deal herself, imo.

Although the one who did work for essie is known too.

They have similar styles.

Lilja
Debater
Debater

Post by Lilja »

conflate wrote:
Yup. I don't think it's Estee copying anyone really, I think it's that they are all copying each other... and more prominent fashion bloggers. Meg is DEFINITELY not original, she's just a major Scandi style copy cat. I always find it funny when everyone is like omg, Estee rips off Meg... when Meg rips off an entire lifestyle. It's pretty much all the same crap.
I'm so glad to finally read this. I thought I was the only one who found Meg something of an annoying a Sandi wannabe :? So you own a String shelving unit, ride a bicycle and shop at COS. Whooptie doo, good for you. But everyone seems to rave about her. I always thought she was a boring try hard, and I found her blogpost about Scandinavian skin care brands embarassing as she just seemed to blindly praise everything ~scandinavian~ And I say that as a Dane!! But then again, i''ve always been confused by cultural appropriation, and liking something based on the country/culture it comes from. There are bad sides to every country/culture but some people (i.e Meg and Aslan) don't seem to realize that.

To get back on topic, I don't think she's ripped the blog design off anybody. There's many blogs with pastel illustrations, she probably just commissioned an illustrator to make pictures relevant to her and based the designs off that. I don't think it's anything to do with Wishwishwish, as I doubt Estee would be a fan of hers as Carrie's style is very twee and based around pretty floral dresses which doesn't really seem to be Estee's style.

AmenAmen91
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by AmenAmen91 »

I don't know if this post goes here but what the heck.

I have been watching Estee for a while and I come to the conclusion she is what one would call a "basic bitch". And here is why:
1. Snaps photos of her meals daily.
2. Uses dumbs terms like "girl crush",
3. Her favourite shows includes Real Housewives and Dr Phil.
4. Loves "inspirational quotes" and has them around the house.
5. Loves scented candles. AM I RIGHT LADIES?
6. Starbucks (and is mega excited when its Pumpkin Latte season)
7. She still says YOLO
8. She mentions a lot that she is "so weird"
9. Constantly says "I just can't" when she probably could :P
10. Loves the phrase "I am so obsessed [insert mediocre thing]"

That's all I could think of at the top of my head.

What is a basic bitch? >>>A Basic Bitch is one who likes what everyone else likes, because they think it's cool to like what everyone else likes. A Basic Bitch is a manipulated pawn of media and everything advertisers want you to be. You are a marketers DREAM. >>>Sounds like Estee and many many "beauty bloggers".
Youtubers ain't sht, but ho's and tricks. -- Fat Zoella

letswiki
Informer
Informer

Post by letswiki »

this isn't copying done by estee, but more fuel to the fire that either all bloggers are copying each other or all illustrators are. i thought it was worth posting in this thread.

aslan's new header (probably done by the same illustrator as estee's)

zoella's new vlog header

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

I find the colour palette of Aslan's graphic and the one on Estee's vlog channel really unpleasant. Not sure why Aslan in particular chose this style/illustrator or a style that's already on several other channels/blogs. You'd have thought he'd want something sleek and unique.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

Saneinsanity
Talker
Talker

Post by Saneinsanity »

I actually personally really like the headers (bar Zoe's) but I agree, I thought aslan would have gone with something minimalist with a slight idea feel to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

bells77 wrote:I find the colour palette of Aslan's graphic and the one on Estee's vlog channel really unpleasant. Not sure why Aslan in particular chose this style/illustrator or a style that's already on several other channels/blogs. You'd have thought he'd want something sleek and unique.
Agreed - the hand-drawn, crafty quirky look of his header is all wrong for his Scandi aesthetic.

letswiki
Informer
Informer

Post by letswiki »

melanie murphy (who has admitted to being 'obsessed' with estee in the past, and always leaves long comments on her videos) has a new header. #essiebuttoneffect, lol.

Whoa there
Learner
Learner

Post by Whoa there »

Again, I shall call myself a naïve bum.
I thought she was still the same funny Canadian girl.

Long time ago, before my youtube break, I used to follow Essie's videos and actually think she was a pretty down to earth girl, she was funny, she sounded kind, she seemed creative and bright...
She even replied a tweet of mine when I twitted randomly that I was looking for new perfumes, which actually surprised me a lot...

But, I guess by the time I took my internet break, she gained more popularity and lost her essence :(

paidinfluencer
Learner
Learner

Post by paidinfluencer »

SWF strikes again. There already is a bestselling memoir Bloom by Kelle Hampton, about her daughter. Yeah, I think Estee holding a photo of herself as a little girl is no coincidence. All her ideas come from others because she has low self esteem and needs validation even if it reaches the level of plagiarism. I don't think she is playing with a full deck. :rofl:

Oh and all her channel's video editing and content comes from watching hey it's Claire. :respekt:

Return to “Estee Lalonde”