makeupandbeautyblog

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has thanked: 0

makeupandbeautyblog

Post by Emerald »

I love this blog. I like her writing style and Karen's pictures of her cat Tabs.

Moonpie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: makeupandbeautyblog

Post by Moonpie »

I love Karen too. I've been reading her blog for years. She's funny and endearing. Her photos are fabulous! They represent the products she shows very well.

Karen's blog is my absolute favorite beauty blog.

Min
Informer
Informer

Post by Min »

I used to not like her blog (I'm not particularly a fan of her writing style), but over time I've been liking it more and more. Her photos are excellent and I enjoy the constant updates. I wish she'd do more Youtube videos though - I recently just discovered them and she's way more likable and funny in videos.

apartmental
Lurker
Lurker

Post by apartmental »

Ooo I didn't know she was on Youtube. Off to look now.
If you aren't big enough to stand criticism, you're too small to be praised. - Earl Deason

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

I love Karen. Her blog is fun to read and as others have said, her photos are great! I too wish she would do more YouTube videos!

Post by Guest »

Is she from the United States? If so, she hasn't updated her disclaimer yet to fit the new FTC guidelines...

incognito

Post by incognito »

This was the first blog I started following years ago, and it's still my favorite. I love Karen's writing style, and of course I love the pics of Tabs :) I feel like she's a bit too lenient with her product ratings though - she'll write a review about a horrible product, yet it still gets a B-/C+ or something, But I mainly read her blog just for fun, if I want to really know how well a product performs I'll check out Temptalia's rating.

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

Ah had no idea she's on yt!

OMG her photos of the new Chanel nail colours--seriously my pulse is racing and I'm off to Macys.com..

ashnic
Learner
Learner

Post by ashnic »

She can not apply makeup properly at all!

daischinki
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by daischinki »

I love Karen! I love the way she write her reviews. Also I like to have blogger like Karen as her skin tone matches me, and she swatch very well! <3

inthemoonlight
Talker
Talker

Post by inthemoonlight »

incognito wrote:This was the first blog I started following years ago, and it's still my favorite. I love Karen's writing style, and of course I love the pics of Tabs :) I feel like she's a bit too lenient with her product ratings though - she'll write a review about a horrible product, yet it still gets a B-/C+ or something, But I mainly read her blog just for fun, if I want to really know how well a product performs I'll check out Temptalia's rating.
I think she gives them a decent grade because she understands that a product may still work for others. I HATE it when I read a review and someone is completely trashing on a product when it was made for oily skin and the reviewer has dry skin (for example)

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Post by tired_of_bs »

ashnic wrote:She can not apply makeup properly at all!
Can you give some examples (pictures) ? Coz IMO she is really good at applying makeup

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

I like Karen as a person. There is something warm and fuzzy about her :) She doesn't have face full of makeup and i've never seen that she is self-proclaiming herself a beauteh gooru. But i think her makeup is nice and fresh.
Also, she regularly updates her blog, posts good pics and is even making noshit swatch videos. Temptalia should observe and learn!

HeyBabe
Learner
Learner

Post by HeyBabe »

I like her well enough. She's very good at makeup, and I think she has a good writing style, and is professional while being human. I do always skim over her cat though, even though I love kitties. Sometimes I do get a very "fake" vibe from her though, and her reviews are always so favourable as to not give me an idea of what the product is actually like... so she isn't my favourite. But she's good.

Return to “Adored Bloggers”