MakeupObeseNotForTV Part 5

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MakeupObeseNotForTV Part 5

Post by cheezecake »

HeyMama wrote:Wtf is wrong with her eyes?! She looks like she spent all night crying.
My friend was telling me that her mother in law also had that situation going on that after she got all that excess skin under eyes removed. She looked as if they actually cut too much - just like Marlena. On top of that she has botox, fillers and you name it (hope all produced in the US and A)

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

She said something about doing a video where she goes to the lab; after seeing those photos posted I'll believe it when I see it.
I like the Makeup Thief title :tu: fitting!
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OVERFEDBUMPONALOG »

MissDelusional wrote:She said something about doing a video where she goes to the lab; after seeing those photos posted I'll believe it when I see it.
I know it's been awhile, but I swear her products were being made in the U.S. Do any of you remember the mineral make-up and pigment scandal that happened back in 2008 or 2009? If not, it came to light that the majority of the online mineral make-up and pigment companies were essentially purchasing their products from TKB TRADING COMPANY, putting them in a different sifter jar, and reselling them for 100x times the amount of TKB's original price. There was also a scandal about the shadows, foundations, and pigments not containing the full ingredients list, and several people experienced eye injuries from non-cosmetic glitter being included in eyeshadow formulas. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough FDA oversight when it comes to the cosmetics industry and many companies know about and use this to their own greedy advantages, so I am extremely distrustful and skeptical when it comes to the actual true ingredients. It's hard for me to believe that MUG's products don't contain talc. The swatches differ somewhat between the MAC and MORPHE shadows, but seem to be the exact same shadows when compared to MUG. I don't think she'll ever tell the truth about their origins, though. Do you think she will actually show the real laboratory that is in PRC, or will she visit a true USA lab and claim it as her own? I'm anxious to see Manny's palette and compare it to the other shades as well.

On another note, does she still sell the NYX brand products on her site? Before they really became popular, anyone could become a NYX representative and I remember in some of her earlier videos she would always mention when a NYX product would be back in stock.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mutemathxx
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mutemathxx »

cheezecake wrote:Image

I was legitimately scared watching her snapchat. She looks beyond bad! She was adressing her bad hair, gurl, the hair should be least of your concerns!
"But honey badger don't care...." :roll: :rofl:

You're right, she doesn't keep up with the trends, because NO ONE SAYS THAT ANYMORE... seriously. I had to look it up because I had no idea what she was talking about, because it's irrelevant now. I don't understand why she constantly says that, and also points out in her Snaps about how "bad" she looks, or how her hair is looking like "shiznit" (again, no one says that phrase anymore).... "YOU GUYSSSAH!"

New thread ideas -
MakeupGeekYouGuyyyssah
MakeupGeek #honeybadgerdocare
MakeupOnGeek #youlooklikeabadger
MakeupOnGeek #shiznitonfleek
MakeupNotOnFleek #honeybadgermarlena

BlancheDevereau
Informer
Informer

Post by BlancheDevereau »

I like MakeupFreak #WantsToBeOnTv

E! Network if we're being specific.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

MakeupObeseNotForTV Part 5

Post by cheezecake »

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG wrote:
MissDelusional wrote:She said something about doing a video where she goes to the lab; after seeing those photos posted I'll believe it when I see it.
I know it's been awhile, but I swear her products were being made in the U.S. Do any of you remember the mineral make-up and pigment scandal that happened back in 2008 or 2009? If not, it came to light that the majority of the online mineral make-up and pigment companies were essentially purchasing their products from TKB TRADING COMPANY, putting them in a different sifter jar, and reselling them for 100x times the amount of TKB's original price. There was also a scandal about the shadows, foundations, and pigments not containing the full ingredients list, and several people experienced eye injuries from non-cosmetic glitter being included in eyeshadow formulas. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough FDA oversight when it comes to the cosmetics industry and many companies know about and use this to their own greedy advantages, so I am extremely distrustful and skeptical when it comes to the actual true ingredients. It's hard for me to believe that MUG's products don't contain talc. The swatches differ somewhat between the MAC and MORPHE shadows, but seem to be the exact same shadows when compared to MUG. I don't think she'll ever tell the truth about their origins, though. Do you think she will actually show the real laboratory that is in PRC, or will she visit a true USA lab and claim it as her own? I'm anxious to see Manny's palette and compare it to the other shades as well.

On another note, does she still sell the NYX brand products on her site? Before they really became popular, anyone could become a NYX representative and I remember in some of her earlier videos she would always mention when a NYX product would be back in stock.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Maybe i am delusional justifying my purchases, but MUG eyeshadows are not as powdery as Morphe and are more pigmented. It is really visible on matt shades. I will ofc eat my MUG eyeshadows if it turns out to be true that they just repackage. I think putting "made in usa" on your packaging and not actually producing them in the usa is an open door to lawsuit.

truebooty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by truebooty »

I would adore a thread title with something about "you guysssss"

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trash_Queen
Informer
Informer

Post by Trash_Queen »

Plasticsurgerygeek #srslyyouguysss

Post by Guest »

^Great idea @trash_queen
Best describes her lol

Post by Guest »

So I was going through older vids of Marlena's and the first one I watched was her Botox and Fillers vid.

I wanted to hear for myself what her deal was with the injections etc.

Ok, so in this she mentions that she got fillers and was offered to have her lips done cause she had enough left over so she said why not, but after getting her lips injected, she says her lips buckled and had to go somewhere else to have them fixed and would not do them again. Only fillers under the eyes and jaw, I think just those areas.

So after claiming it messed up her lips which was years ago....she goes back to get more done?? Wtf lol Image

Then I wanted to find out how long her MUA course was, because let's face it there's a lot she could still learn.
And in her Paris MUA Vlog she mentions only doing a one month program! Lol

I don't know if she studied anywhere else in the states, but in my opinion 1 month isn't much to call yourself a "makeup educator".

Also the comparison between the latest vid of her in red and the older vids are so different, she's more calm and poised and can pronounce words better lol

But I do miss her in the old days, kinda took me back to old makeup geek and then thought of the one in 2016 and cringed.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:
Then I wanted to find out how long her MUA course was, because let's face it there's a lot she could still learn.
And in her Paris MUA Vlog she mentions only doing a one month program! Lol

I don't know if she studied anywhere else in the states, but in my opinion 1 month isn't much to call yourself a "makeup educator".

Also the comparison between the latest vid of her in red and the older vids are so different, she's more calm and poised and can pronounce words better lol

But I do miss her in the old days, kinda took me back to old makeup geek and then thought of the one in 2016 and cringed.

MUFE has these one month courses, they are open for everyone - from pro to those who are just interested in makeup. But it does not give you whole diploma thing. For that you need to study for 6 months and on. Really funny how MUFE is saying you can't really be a mua in a month and she is "educating" us through a couple of random videos. No idea what gives her ground of calling herself an "educator". Most of stuff she "teaches" is wrong. One month in paris was a waste of money

HeyMama
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by HeyMama »

I see she posted a video on how to prevent your makeup from looking cakey. I can't watch it yet. Way too early to start drinking.
I do not use TT. Please message me through the GG website.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

HeyMama wrote:I see she posted a video on how to prevent your makeup from looking cakey. I can't watch it yet. Way too early to start drinking.
I am in Europe, it is 8pm. Just THE time!

Here is what i have learnt, you guysssessss. In order to NOT make you face cakey:
Apply full coverage foundation
On top apply concealer to, what looks like, half of your face and blend
Then take your powder and bake

MUFE academy in France is facepalming themselves very hard right now

And now i know why she looks so bloated! She advises to drink water before going to bed. This is such a stupid thing to say! Lots of water before bed makes you look extremely bloated and gives you puffiest eyes in the morning.

Btw, she showed MUFE mattifying primer. That is literally the worst thing i ever used on my face. It sucks any moisture you had on your skin and makes it so dry that foundation does not stick. It is like poring foundation on a plastic board. Avoid!

Mrs. Realistic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mrs. Realistic »

cheezecake wrote:
HeyMama wrote:I see she posted a video on how to prevent your makeup from looking cakey. I can't watch it yet. Way too early to start drinking.
I am in Europe, it is 8pm. Just THE time!

Here is what i have learnt, you guysssessss. In order to NOT make you face cakey:
Apply full coverage foundation
On top apply concealer to, what looks like, half of your face and blend
Then take your powder and bake

MUFE academy in France is facepalming themselves very hard right now

And now i know why she looks so bloated! She advises to drink water before going to bed. This is such a stupid thing to say! Lots of water before bed makes you look extremely bloated and gives you puffiest eyes in the morning.

Btw, she showed MUFE mattifying primer. That is literally the worst thing i ever used on my face. It sucks any moisture you had on your skin and makes it so dry that foundation does not stick. It is like poring foundation on a plastic board. Avoid!
I think I need that primer! My skin is sooooo oily that every product labeled for oily skin doesn't make a difference to my skin.

Lutine
Debater
Debater

Post by Lutine »

Picture2.jpg
She looks older than her age. Here you can clearly see the 4 bumps created by the newly injected fillers...

...and in her latest video about cakey face, she admitted of putting a ton and a half of shit on her face and that her face DOES look cakey. Yes, Marlena, we have been telling that your face looks cakey for ages.... How about using LESS shit on your puffy face, maybe you'll look younger...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

Mrs. Realistic wrote:
I think I need that primer! My skin is sooooo oily that every product labeled for oily skin doesn't make a difference to my skin.
Girl, i hear you. You=me. ONE and only product that helped me is Paula's choice BHA 2% liquid.Using it i can say, my skin finally feels like "normal" skin should. When i started it was kinda rough and my skin even was dry to the point i did not get oily after sweating in the gym. But now it is perfect. I am so happy i hope i don't get banned for this emotional offtop.

I was so looking forward to try this mufe primer. I asked my friend to bring it when he came visiting because we have no sephora here. HE paid for it and refused to take money and it was expensive. I was not disappointed, i was furious. When you apply it on e.g. your nose and then go with foundation, the foundation goes patchy, like this product repels it or something!

laurenr
Talker
Talker

Post by laurenr »

[quote="Lutine"]
Picture2.jpg
Holy shit! Does she sleep with a clothes pin on her nose every night?? Why does her nose look so pinched?!?!

And did anyone see her snaps from a couple days ago when she was sick at home, & she snapped without makeup? Her brows were still exactly the same as they always are...which leads me to wonder if she's had them tattooed on. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I wouldn't put it past her, considering she pretty much constantly has needles in her face. Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EveryJuan
Informer
Informer

Post by EveryJuan »

cheezecake wrote:
Mrs. Realistic wrote:

I was so looking forward to try this mufe primer. I asked my friend to bring it when he came visiting because we have no sephora here. HE paid for it and refused to take money and it was expensive. I was not disappointed, i was furious. When you apply it on e.g. your nose and then go with foundation, the foundation goes patchy, like this product repels it or something!
Off topic - but the problem for this could be that the Mattifying primer is water/silicone based, you will need to use water/silicone based foundations. An oil based foundation may slip right off as oil + water do not mix.

Lady-Ellie
Debater
Debater

Post by Lady-Ellie »

laurenr wrote:
Lutine wrote:
Picture2.jpg
Holy shit! Does she sleep with a clothes pin on her nose every night?? Why does her nose look so pinched?!?!

And did anyone see her snaps from a couple days ago when she was sick at home, & she snapped without makeup? Her brows were still exactly the same as they always are...which leads me to wonder if she's had them tattooed on. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I wouldn't put it past her, considering she pretty much constantly has needles in her face. Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps she used a sharpie? Image Seriously though, I have no idea but I wouldn't put it past her either.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

Oh boy I've missed so much shit stain cake face with a video about not having a cake face. Rich :rofl:
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”