What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

Post by Angie V »

I prefer strapless dresses. I don't think they look "sexy", I just think they look more simple than straps or sleeves. For my wedding, I want a strapless dress and I want to wear my hair down. I don't know if wearing my hair down would work with sleeves or straps as well as without. I also don't want any necklaces or anything. I just like to look of the simplicity of the clavicle and neck exposed and nothing else.
imma ball til the day i fall

Maysilee
Talker
Talker

Post by Maysilee »

I misread the thread title, and only thought about the dress. To be frank, I am not a 'marriage' person. I never wanted to get married when I was younger, and I probably won't change my mind either. However, I have kind of skimmed the idea of an ideal wedding dress, and if I had to sum it up in a picture, this'd be it.

Tiny picture, but I love lace/transparent sleeves on wedding (scratch that, any) dresses. Kate Middleton's dress was really beautiful too, but I would have had the part covering the cleavage (I have no idea what it's called, sorry) lowered and slimmed out a little. Like the dress above, but I'd lengthen the sleeves to be all the way to my wrists. I don't think 3/4 sleeves on a wedding dress would look that great. :?

I'm not a fan of wedding dresses that puff out. Not even a little bit. I like completely slimline dresses from chest to toe. But not too tight at the bottom so you can't walk. Oh. And I would not take my mother/aunt/nan(if she's alive at the time) with me to go dress shopping. Christ no. This sounds really selfish, but a wedding is about the bride and the groom (or the bride and the bride, or the groom and the groom, etc), so acting like a dickbag and putting them down for what they want to wear is unnecessary. It's selfish to want them to wear what you want instead of what they feel confident in. Same goes for bridemaids/best men/etc. Whatever they feel is comfortable. Anyway, that was a little offtopic. Rant over.

I don't really have any sort of venue in mind. I wouldn't want it in a church though, but if my partner wanted it I would compromise. I'm not sure if they'd allow me, because I was baptized but didn't do my confirmation because I didn't feel as if I needed it, and since then my teachers would indentify me as non-religious. So, it's probably common sense to say they wouldn't marry us. People also say that those offices are rather grim, but I wouldn't mind. Also, another controversial topic, but I would disallow children at my wedding. This is making me seem really selfish, but I just get so annoyed attending weddings and having kids screaming and crying through the service/vows. Just don't bring them, leave them with a relative and then pick them up for the reception. I understand though if that's a hassle, so don't bring them at all, or just wait outside the church/building.

I'm not picky overall for a reception. If I were to get married, I might like a "folk/wildlife" theme. Wooden furniture, maybe outside (hopefully the weather doesn't act up), and there'd be plenty of plants, flowers and trees.

Anyway, I'm not particularly interested in the whole process of marriage. And the pain of having to file for divorce and wait for all the papers to come through, and a court hearing (I'm not sure, correct me). Oh well, whatever floats your boat. :)

combatbootprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by combatbootprincess »

I'm not really sure if I want to be married. If I do I have a picture in my head of a white dress with pearl straps and a full skirt in silk or satin.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

I LOVE these. I don't want a pure white dress, I normally gravitate towards strapless but the second one is really beautiful as well. And I love LOTS of layered tulle/chiffon, not necessarily in the traditional straight pleats, I like some "structure" like those pictured above. I love me some voluminous skirts.

blueberrymuffin

Post by blueberrymuffin »

Angie V wrote:I prefer strapless dresses. I don't think they look "sexy", I just think they look more simple than straps or sleeves. For my wedding, I want a strapless dress and I want to wear my hair down. I don't know if wearing my hair down would work with sleeves or straps as well as without. I also don't want any necklaces or anything. I just like to look of the simplicity of the clavicle and neck exposed and nothing else.
Fair enough! I just think they're a bit too sexy for me personally as I wouldn't want to show off that much skin. Also I look awful in anything strapless haha

tacks
Learner
Learner

Post by tacks »

I'm a wedding fanatic, I might as well just post my pinterest board ;)
http://pinterest.com/summerthebirch/wedding-ideas/

I love romantic, rustic, weddings with tons of lace and flowers. I'm very feminine :)

I love love love Claire Pettibone dresses, here's my favourite

blueberrymuffin

Post by blueberrymuffin »

tacks wrote:I'm a wedding fanatic, I might as well just post my pinterest board ;)
http://pinterest.com/summerthebirch/wedding-ideas/

I love romantic, rustic, weddings with tons of lace and flowers. I'm very feminine :)

I love love love Claire Pettibone dresses, here's my favourite

That's gorgeous! :o

bella7
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bella7 »

If you have an idea of decorating wedding hall with flowers you need to order them in time. You can take advice of florists to see what kind of flowers is available in the season in which you are getting married.
new york wedding venue

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

i've never been married, but i'm no spring chicken. if i were going to get married more than likely it would be a simple service and i would spend the $ on something like a chanel suit.

:love2: :love2:

Doctor's Companion
Learner
Learner

Post by Doctor's Companion »

I doubt I'll ever get married, but if I ever did my dress would have to have sleeves. I absolutely despise strapless dresses.

Googled "wedding dresses with sleeves" and these are a few I like:
http://www.bridalshopa.com/1766-10137-t ... -dress.jpg
http://www.200shop.com/images/201111242354341213.jpg
http://www.jormabridal.com/sleeves_dress/sleeve013.jpg

LanaChaton
Learner
Learner

Post by LanaChaton »

I don't really want to get married. But if I did, and I had the money, I would love love love a Pnina Tournai dress like this:

It's so gorgeous, I can't even... <3 <3 <3

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

This is something I never used to think about until the last few weeks (coincidentally when I caught my first ep of SYTTD!). I'm so indecisive that I don't think I'll ever be able to settle on what I want until I find it. I love a lot of the Disney collection dresses for Alfred Angelo. I think they've done three different collections inspired by Disney princesses and I've loved different ones out of each collection:

The original Belle dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
The original Cinderella dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
The original Ariel dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
Second Belle dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... &colorId1=
Second Jasmine dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
New Jasmine dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
And the new Belle dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d

I think I love them because not only are they beautiful, they're reasonably priced (as far as wedding dresses go). My boyfriend has a very well-paying job and always tells me that when we get married he is covering the cost of the wedding/honeymoon, including my dress, but I don't know how comfortable I am with that. I know it's customary for the bride's family to pay for the wedding--and I know that my family couldn't possibly afford that--but I kind of feel weird about him paying for the whole thing. The honeymoon I'm okay with, because he always wants to go to these crazy places and I know he'll enjoy planning that...but the wedding itself would be more for me than for him and I still feel like I should pay haha :? So I'm at least buying my own dress! I was never keen on spending insane amounts of money on a gown...$25,000 could get me a brand new car! But $1,000-2,000 I think I could live with, so all of these fall under my budget. And if I'm going to buy a wedding dress, I may as well be a Disney princess.

featherly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by featherly »

My boyfriend and I are not planning on getting married any time soon. I'm planning on waiting four to six years -- at least until I'm 29.
I love off-white dresses like this. I would probably wear my hair up but nothing too neat and tidy. I'd have natural looking make-up.
I have this weird love for the colour periwinkle so I expect to see that colour somewhere in the wedding ;)

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei »

Well, first, this is essentially my dream dress:
http://www.coralsbridal.com/2009-weddin ... 09151.html#

My dream dress MUST be white, covered in lace, and strapless (or at least off-shoulder) because I love my shoulders and emphasizing my neck. I like the ribbon detail on this dress because it would emphasize my small waist. I like how this dress doesn't have a giant train. I will probably skip on the veil and jewelry.

I want a fall wedding. And we will have either the wedding or reception in Korea (my fiance is Korean), but I'd prefer the wedding in Korea because I don't even really want a wedding - he does.

There has to be some orange for the colours. Orange is my favourite colour and it would work well for fall, anyway.

The cake is what I'm most excited about (lol), and I want it to be red buttercream icing with lace detailing. I want vanilla cake inside with vanilla cream and cherry fruit filling. Huzzah - delicious.

starrynight
Talker
Talker

Post by starrynight »

I would love something strapless and flattering, as well as elegant and classy.
Here's something like what I want:

CaramelDrop
Informer
Informer

Post by CaramelDrop »

I have always wanted a black wedding, I'm a little unconventional.

This color is beautiful also :)

angel face
Informer
Informer

Post by angel face »

something modern and simple.... preferably vera wang

livelovelaugh
Learner
Learner

Post by livelovelaugh »

I love the bustier of this one: (alfred angelo Cinderella)

But I don't want the bottom to be that princessy though. I want something more subtle on the skirt, like the
Vera Wang Dylan
Vera Wang Delani

So that would be perfect for me. The Dylan from Vera Wang has a pretty high waist, I don't want that. I would want that lower.

For the wedding it self, nothing too small, but not too big. I have a pretty large family so that's something that will be tricky. The ceremony can be smaller than the reception though. I would like to get marry outside, something with pretty trees and white chairs (like every girls want to these days). But I want it to be fairly simple, classic and affordable. Nothing too crazy. I would like to spend more on my honeymoon than on my wedding. But I'm only 21, and we're not nearly ready for getting married. But it's fun to fantasize about.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

jean101
Informer
Informer

Post by jean101 »

xoxod wrote:I'd love my wedding dress to be something like this-
And I'd love it even more with a corset, lace-up back.
That is beautiful!!

Return to “Wedding”