Relvon Whipped Foundation help?

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Relvon Whipped Foundation help?

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I just got the relvon whipped foundation and I'm having a hard time applying it without looking cakey.
Any tips?

Catwoman
Learner
Learner

Re: Relvon Whipped Foundation help?

Post by Catwoman »

I use my fingers or dot some on my face and use a foundation brush to blend it out.

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

I get the most natural look using my fingers although I really hate applying foundation that way I find that it works the best for the whipped consistency.

PiggyPiggyPiggy
Talker
Talker

Post by PiggyPiggyPiggy »

I have to agree with using the fingers for the best application. It seems to warm it up and allow it to sink into the skin more easily, especially with this particular formula. You can always buff it out a bit with a flat top brush afterwards.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Damp Sonia Kashuk blending sponge is what works for me. It really pushes the foundation into the skin. The Colorstay Whipped is actually my most natural looking foundation when I apply it with the blending sponge.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

Going to be the 4th person to agree that fingers is really the best bet. I suppose you can use a damp sponge like the person above suggested, but personally I wouldn't because the formula is quite thick and silicone-y. I imagine you to have quite dry skin for it to look as cakey as you say it would? :/
Personally the foundation DOES look way better as the day goes on, and I find it doesn't immediately set so I finish eyebrows, concealer, blush, etc. before I set the foundation with powder. If it still looks cakey, you can just use Fix+/makeup spray/water to spray your face, it helps tones down the cakeyness alot but that affects the oil control if that is your main concern (if you're using water or Fix+). I suggest maybe using a more moisturizing base and use an exfoliating facewash before you apply your foundation? :/ The formula does contain salicylic acid which can be a little drying.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

Yet another vote for application with fingers. I get a very nice finish this way. Of course my skin tends toward oily.

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

How is the coverage of this foundation? I'm looking for a light to medium coverage that works with oily skin. Would this work? Would the Naked be better?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

maluca wrote:How is the coverage of this foundation? I'm looking for a light to medium coverage that works with oily skin. Would this work? Would the Naked be better?
I have combination skin and it works wonders for me, it's light coverage but you can build it up to medium coverage.

usernamexhere
Informer
Informer

Post by usernamexhere »

I'm gonna have to agree with fingers but HIGHLY disagree with light to medium coverage. I do two layers and don't even need to use concealer- just a brightener under my eyes.
"It's a human need to be told stories. The more we're governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible."

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

I agree I'd call it more medium coverage, but coverage depends on your method of applying I suppose.

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

DarthCassie wrote:I agree I'd call it more medium coverage, but coverage depends on your method of applying I suppose.
I don't know if it's just me when I apply it with a buffing brush, it looks heavier. When I use my fingers, I can create a lighter coverage. It's probably just me.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Forever Eccentric wrote:
DarthCassie wrote:I agree I'd call it more medium coverage, but coverage depends on your method of applying I suppose.
I don't know if it's just me when I apply it with a buffing brush, it looks heavier. When I use my fingers, I can create a lighter coverage. It's probably just me.
Most foundations are like that for me as well, if I use a buffing brush it goes on more fuller coverage but using fingers/sponge/etc makes it easier to sheer out.

Return to “Revlon”