PointlessPug Dayes 8

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PointlessPug Dayes 8

Post by chairman_meow »

i_should_be_studying wrote:I've started lurking GG threads recently, so sorry if anything I bring up has been mentioned in the past.

I generally steer clear of Alfie's content because his voice annoys me, but recently I lurked his twitter feed out of boredom. I noticed recently (Dec 13) he tweeted these all in a row:
"Im going to follow you back all evening to say thanks for showing the new video so much support <3"
*some tweet about his new video*
"ReTweet my previous tweet for a follow x"
"Time to follow you back"

I saw that the tweet about his video got 11k retweets...but he's only following 239 people? I highly doubt he followed anyone back, and if he did, he certainly wasn't on the type of following spree that his tweets suggested. And I'm not saying that YouTubers/other entertainers are obliged to follow their fans back. They're not. But it's wrong to tell your fans you're going to follow them back if they RT your video, and then not hold up your end of the deal. Does he do stuff like this often?
Maybe I'm nitpicking, but my younger cousin is a huge fan of a bunch of YouTubers and I imagine most of his fans are also younger girls. It makes me sad to see YouTubers manipulate their fans like that, especially when their fans are a bunch of kids!
He made an account JUST for following fans back, but of course he feels way too important to talk to any of them there....or tweet anything for that matter. It's a waste of time and his fans are so mind bogglingly blind about it.

nojessno

Post by nojessno »

i_should_be_studying wrote:I've started lurking GG threads recently, so sorry if anything I bring up has been mentioned in the past.

I generally steer clear of Alfie's content because his voice annoys me, but recently I lurked his twitter feed out of boredom. I noticed recently (Dec 13) he tweeted these all in a row:
"Im going to follow you back all evening to say thanks for showing the new video so much support <3"

I saw that the tweet about his video got 11k retweets...but he's only following 239 people? I highly doubt he followed anyone back, and if he did, he certainly wasn't on the type of following spree that his tweets suggested. And I'm not saying that YouTubers/other entertainers are obliged to follow their fans back. They're not. But it's wrong to tell your fans you're going to follow them back if they RT your video, and then not hold up your end of the deal. Does he do stuff like this often?
Maybe I'm nitpicking, but my younger cousin is a huge fan of a bunch of YouTubers and I imagine most of his fans are also younger girls. It makes me sad to see YouTubers manipulate their fans like that, especially when their fans are a bunch of kids!
Alfie uses a different account to follow his fans back. He only uses that account to follow those people so it's completely useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

starrydust
Learner
Learner

Post by starrydust »

^ didn't he also turn his "follow back" account into an account to push is merch? I thought that was mega-shady.

Filmmucker
Learner
Learner

Post by Filmmucker »

Despite how poorly any YouTuber handles these sorts of situations, it is always, always, always messed up to visit someone's house uninvited. I know a lot of Tubers whine about ridiculous things, like being sent too much fan mail or what have you, but this is probably the most valid complaint a Tuber might have. In my opinion, it crosses a line that no viewer, fan, or whomever should cross. I can't imagine how scary that feeling is.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

Filmmucker wrote:Despite how poorly any YouTuber handles these sorts of situations, it is always, always, always messed up to visit someone's house uninvited. I know a lot of Tubers whine about ridiculous things, like being sent too much fan mail or what have you, but this is probably the most valid complaint a Tuber might have. In my opinion, it crosses a line that no viewer, fan, or whomever should cross. I can't imagine how scary that feeling is.
It is absolutely disgusting that fans do that. What drives them to do it puzzles me. If you're a fan of someone, why would you want to be a nuisance to them?

But Zalfie really don't help themselves. For people who knew Brighton, where they live became pretty obvious pretty quickly. Pewdiepie and Marzia live in Brighton too, and they don't have this problem. Mainly because they have taken precautions to keep where they live fairly private.

Yes nobody should be harassed in their home, and yet Zalfie could have done so much more to protect themselves.

Post by Guest »

I am in total agreement that it is definitely a line-crosser to go up to someone's house and just ring the doorbell, as it is not only an invasion of privacy, but it is just blatantly disrespectful and borderline obsessive. So, yes, Alfie and Zoe have EVERY right to chide fans for doing this and to tell their viewers to stop doing so... but, I'm just gonna be honest: If they're not involving the authorities in this matter at this point, it's stupid on their end, and they better get a reality check because some fans will take it too far and possibly harm them, and as much as I think Alfie is a wanker, I would NEVER wish harm on him or Zoe. So they'd better get that shit on lock and start telling fans that if they come on their premises they will be fined or jailed.

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

I do not agree with fans but they are always acting like they are celbs but then hold amity fest, where people literally pay them to make appearances. I am not saying the fans are right, but they really haven't helped themselves with any security... their house is on a main road, and they live in a small place, surely they could have a more secure home?

jbsayshi
Informer
Informer

Post by jbsayshi »

I do think Alfie and Zoe are ridiculously lazy narcissistic people, but I do feel slightly sorry for their relationship right now.

For Zoe, she is 25. If she were to break up with Alfie tomorrow, she will then have to start the whole cycle of meeting someone and dating all over again and that will push back the date of her marrying and having kids several years. Which will be very scary for her as that's all she wants, and meeting new guys with her anxiety can't be easy. That makes me think that even if Alfie isn't 100% perfect for her, she has convinced herself he is and won't want to break up with him. I imagine most of her family and friends are telling her to end it, but for the reasons I have said, she is ignoring them.

As for Alfie, he knows it would be career suicide to break up with Zoe now. He's also punching about his weight (looks wise) so is convincing himself he is getting pretty good deal right now. That's why he won't break up with her any time soon. Although I feel like if anyone were to end it, it would be him. Perhaps when he has a career outside youtube lined up and dumping her isn't a risk, he will do it.

It's such a shame because they really do bring out the worst in each other. But then again, they are both deluded and lazy so maybe they ARE perfect for each other. The Narcus breakup (which is looking very likely right now) will be very interesting to them to see what might happen if they break up.

hollythinks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hollythinks »

jbsayshi wrote:I'm fed up of all the youtubers complaining about the downsides of their fame. It's ridiculous. They were all soooo obsessed about getting a verification tick on twitter, but then complain when fans ring their doorbell. These youtubers seem to think they're exempt from certain parts of fame just because they are "normal people" and "just so relatable".

Alfie expects to be handed free tickets to concerts and get upgrades on flights but throws a strop when his fans just act like fans? If he didn't have fans he wouldn't be rich or famous yet he feels it is acceptable to complain about them? Do what other celebs do and KEEP YOUR ADDRESS A SECRET, or live in a more secluded area. It's what comes with the job that he chose to have. I know they didn't mean to leak their address, but they could have tried harder to keep it a secret and when it did come out, most celebs would have probably moved again (annoying but necessary).

Alfie wants to have his cake and eat it too. Such a deluded idiot. I think this kind of attitude will be the reason for his downfall.
Exactly! You don't see other celebrities tweeting, "Guys, please don't come to my house, it's an invasion of privacy" etc etc. It's something they deal with because it comes with the territory. You adopt this fabulous life of fame and 'celebrity', you have to also accept the negatives that comes along with it. You can't have it your way all the time, Alf.

Besides, if all he's worried about is 14 year old girls knocking on his door then he's getting off pretty lightly. Some A-listers have had to deal with potentially murderous, psychopath stalkers. But they don't post pathetic tweets like, "Guys, pls, stahp", they up their security and safety to ensure that they don't come to any harm.

nojessno

Post by nojessno »

starrydust wrote:^ didn't he also turn his "follow back" account into an account to push is merch? I thought that was mega-shady.
I know he's got an account on which he talks about his merch but I'm not sure if that's either a new account or that he changed the @ of his follow back account and now tweets about his merch.

Is it the same account but just with a different @? Why would someone even follow an account like that.

nojessno

Post by nojessno »

starrydust wrote:^ didn't he also turn his "follow back" account into an account to push is merch? I thought that was mega-shady.
I know he's got an account on which he talks about his merch but I'm not sure if that's either a new account or that he changed the @ of his follow back account and now tweets about his merch.

Is it the same account but just with a different @? Why would someone even follow an account like that.

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

He has another account where he follows people back but never tweets and only follows fans. So it's a 'fake' account of his only used to promote himself.

catsnotgotmytongue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catsnotgotmytongue »

This ringing the doorbell business is not a big deal imo. In some areas you get this whether you're famous or not. When a group of kids will ring your doorbell, or knock on the door and run away. It's been a game for the longest time in lots of different countries.
The fact that both zoe and alife (and a lot of other youtubers too) have cultivated this fame bubble surrounding them, so if you're their audience, and you know your "idols" (or not) are on the same street as you, or when you're walking home from school...you're not going to have an "adult" reaction to it...you're probably going to ring their doorbell and run away, just to get a glimpse of them, or see them come to the door etc. It's almost like their way of feeling connected i guess.
I think it's really naive of zoe and alfie to think they were never going to have this issue at any point. And, i think there is a part of them that love it, and love the fact they have this as a complaint.
Don't stan so close to me

hawkeye
Debater
Debater

Post by hawkeye »

Wait - they don't have a locked gate? So anyone can waltz onto their property? Then it's their own fault. Heaps of people have secured gates that you have to be buzzed through. Engage brain, zalfie

I can't believe Pointless Person has a dedicated follow back account so he never has to see tweets from his viewers on his timeline and they are all just okay with that :rofl: :rofl:

Gurufollower
Debater
Debater

Post by Gurufollower »

I havent followed this forum for a while cause I havent been watching boringDeyes since vlogmas started, but out of everything that bothers me about him, the biggest thing is how he is so blasé about when he loses his wallet. HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS HAPPENED NOW??? does he not carry anything important in there that is worth worrying about? If I lost my wallet I would panic like never before and run to the bank in a second.
sorry, I just don't get it.

clublauf
Learner
Learner

Post by clublauf »

jbsayshi wrote:I do think Alfie and Zoe are ridiculously lazy narcissistic people, but I do feel slightly sorry for their relationship right now.

For Zoe, she is 25. If she were to break up with Alfie tomorrow, she will then have to start the whole cycle of meeting someone and dating all over again and that will push back the date of her marrying and having kids several years. Which will be very scary for her as that's all she wants, and meeting new guys with her anxiety can't be easy. That makes me think that even if Alfie isn't 100% perfect for her, she has convinced herself he is and won't want to break up with him. I imagine most of her family and friends are telling her to end it, but for the reasons I have said, she is ignoring them.

As for Alfie, he knows it would be career suicide to break up with Zoe now. He's also punching about his weight (looks wise) so is convincing himself he is getting pretty good deal right now. That's why he won't break up with her any time soon. Although I feel like if anyone were to end it, it would be him. Perhaps when he has a career outside youtube lined up and dumping her isn't a risk, he will do it.

It's such a shame because they really do bring out the worst in each other. But then again, they are both deluded and lazy so maybe they ARE perfect for each other. The Narcus breakup (which is looking very likely right now) will be very interesting to them to see what might happen if they break up.
I don't think Zoe will hate the breakup because of all of the backlash she will get. "What happened to Zalfie? Where is Zalfie!?!?!" None of that can be good for her anxiety. I wonder if she'll get with Mark Ferris? I don't think Alfie will mind any of the attention, though... He never does.

tnw
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tnw »

I doubt they fear for their safety, it's 12 year old girls ringing their doorbell, not grown men in balaclavas. I can imagine how annoying it must be though. Looking on Streetview, it does seem that their house is gated, with buzzers, so I doubt he's actually letting these kids onto the property. Whilst they do deserve privacy, they've left themselves in a vulnerable position by rarely leaving the house and filming in it all day. Also, describing their plans and when they're not going to be in the house (filled with ££££s worth of tat) isn't too clever.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

I feel like this is an agree to disagree situation. One thing is clear - the way they are dealing with it is not working.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

I feel sorry for their neighbours tbh. As if living next door to Zoe and Alfie isn't bad enough, you get all the obsessive fangirls as a bonus feature.

clublauf
Learner
Learner

Post by clublauf »

Cupcake Warpaint wrote:I feel sorry for their neighbours tbh. As if living next door to Zoe and Alfie isn't bad enough, you get all the obsessive fangirls as a bonus feature.
Part of me wonders how many they actually get, though... Or do they just over exaggerate a few situations? I'm sure people who live in the Brighton area don't get excited to see them because they're everywhere - and they have a few places they go frequently, so it wouldn't be hard to run into them. I also doubt, since these are children, that their mothers would drive them to some strangers house to see some internet celebs.

Return to “Pointless Blog”