Dan & Phil Part 49: Peter Phan Syndrome

Robcha
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 49: Peter Phan Syndrome

Post by Robcha »

We are slowly, but surely approaching the fourty pages mark.

mermaidhairgoals
Talker
Talker

Post by mermaidhairgoals »

sweetmm wrote: Image
The airport stalking doesn't bother me so much; it's kind-of expected with "celebrities" I guess. What does concern me, however, are Dan's legs in this photo, (sorry that this post possibly veers into dangerous territory, I'll try to be non-triggery by spoiler-ing it).
Jeez, if some of you guys still think he looks healthy like he does atm, I don't really know what to say. 'Cheekbones' do not = hotness and health, btw... :?
Boy seems to have a fairly unhealthy relationship with food, and the more people seem happy with his weight loss re: the way he looks, the more uncomfortable it makes me tbh.
Sorry if this is a contentious issue to bring up at the end of the thread; and I know we can't really do anything about Dan except express concern, I'm just more concerned with the general consensus on him 'looking fine' now that he's lost weight. :|

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

mermaidhairgoals wrote:
The airport stalking doesn't bother me so much; it's kind-of expected with "celebrities" I guess. What does concern me, however, are Dan's legs in this photo, (sorry that this post possibly veers into dangerous territory, I'll try to be non-triggery by spoiler-ing it).
Jeez, if some of you guys still think he looks healthy like he does atm, I don't really know what to say. 'Cheekbones' do not = hotness and health, btw... :?
Boy seems to have a fairly unhealthy relationship with food, and the more people seem happy with his weight loss re: the way he looks, the more uncomfortable it makes me tbh.
Sorry if this is a contentious issue to bring up at the end of the thread; and I know we can't really do anything about Dan except express concern, I'm just more concerned with the general consensus on him 'looking fine' now that he's lost weight. :|
See the thing is... Nobody said that he only looks fine now. Admittedly - I do think he looks a bit healthier than he did half a year ago, but that's a subjective observation.
The thing is obviously cheekbones and co don't equal healthyness, but if we talk about his legs for example - yes the boy has skinny legs, but i.e. if you compare that to Phil's... he probably has equally skinny legs. The only reason we don't see/discuss it is because he has a different clothing style and it isn't as obvious there.
Yeah I agree he seemed to have a sometimes difficult relationship with food, but a. that doesn't mean that's still the case and b. I think you (I don't mean you specifically - more in general) need to be really careful with saying somebodys got a problem with it.

Before I ramble on here... I'd say yeah the boy is skinny, but I don't see the problem atm? He doesn't look unhealthily skinny, just like somebody would after having a stressful few weeks with more than usual physical excercise (the show).
If anything I'd say that we have to take into account the angle at which that picture was taken and that those jeans are very much in the "painted on" section. They just need a bit of rest.

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

[tweet][/tweet]

A bummer but not a surprise.

I'll forgive on grounds that the idea of them spending all day in bed eating and watching movies (he tweeted about Jurassic Park earlier) is adorable.

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

Will be interesting to see if Dan does his on Tuesday. Not surprised though that Phil isn't doing one today...

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

Please continue here

Can a mod (Hi Illegal ) please lock this one :)
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

mermaidhairgoals
Talker
Talker

Post by mermaidhairgoals »

Somelikeitpink wrote:
mermaidhairgoals wrote:
See the thing is... Nobody said that he only looks fine now. Admittedly - I do think he looks a bit healthier than he did half a year ago, but that's a subjective observation.
The thing is obviously cheekbones and co don't equal healthyness, but if we talk about his legs for example - yes the boy has skinny legs, but i.e. if you compare that to Phil's... he probably has equally skinny legs. The only reason we don't see/discuss it is because he has a different clothing style and it isn't as obvious there.
Yeah I agree he seemed to have a sometimes difficult relationship with food, but a. that doesn't mean that's still the case and b. I think you (I don't mean you specifically - more in general) need to be really careful with saying somebodys got a problem with it.

Before I ramble on here... I'd say yeah the boy is skinny, but I don't see the problem atm? He doesn't look unhealthily skinny, just like somebody would after having a stressful few weeks with more than usual physical excercise (the show).
If anything I'd say that we have to take into account the angle at which that picture was taken and that those jeans are very much in the "painted on" section. They just need a bit of rest.
Thank you for replying.
I think I was just a bit uncomfortable with the current 'mood' of this forum re: weight loss, but now I've thought about it a bit more, we've pretty much appreciated Dan in all periods so I guess I'm not as worried. I was basically a bit concerned because I personally felt like there was some kind of tacit 'skinny = good' idea being implied around here, but now I'm seeing my fear was misplaced.
The reason I didn't bring Phil into it (which I'll admit was naive) and the reason I commented about Dan's current relationship with food wasn't purely based on conjecture; I originally typed a few recent examples which caused me a bit of concern but then thought I looked like I was tin-hatting a little too much and backspaced them. Fact of the matter is, nobody knows Dan's current attitude, I agree, but that doesn't mean we should just brush under the carpet minor signs of a potential problem. We can't tell whether Dan's happy or not, but sometimes people don't even recognise it themselves, so I guess it's a personal concern for Dan coming from me as well, even if he never ends up reading here.
I agree that the photo's probably just taken at a certain angle and he wears super skinny things, but in general I've seen Dan look increasingly skinny recently; I was just using the photo as a (bad) example to back up a few people's 'Dan's so skinny!' comments because I do think what I've been seeing too shows there quite well.
At the end of the day, they are having a break now after touring, so it's great they're going to have some rest.
Edit: Sorry for posting right at the end of the thread! :oops:

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”