Revlon Nearly Naked

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Revlon Nearly Naked

Post by Llama »

I bought this, and besides the stupid wide and tall bottleneck and lack of pump, I like it. I've had my fair share of high end foundations and I find the quality comparable. There are four things I look for in a foundation formula: does not cling to dry patches or get cakey, great oil control, does not feel thick on the face and has a skin-like finish. I am happy to say for a moisturizing foundation that does not have oil control in its primary claims, it wins in all categories. I have combination, acne-prone skin. I am around an NC17 in MAC and I wear 120 Vanilla. I have minor blemishes and redness and it does a great job at covering them up; I find the coverage buildable to medium.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

I didn't like it, but then again I didn't like the UD Naked Skin foundation, either. This one was weird for me, though, because even though the formula seems great and the foundation feels pretty nice on the skin...something was off about it. First the color is terrible. I bought Shell because it looked to be okay in the store, but boy was I wrong. When I went to apply it there was this orange-y/gray tint to it (like a dirty pumpkin or something) but it was still a LOT paler than it looked from the outside. I wear MUFE HD 123 & 153, so yeah I was WAY off on the color. Horrible. And something about the way it looks on my skin turns me off. Atrocious color aside, this just made my skin look old. It stuck to every little rough patch I had and kept melting off in my Tzone. Even my trusty primer and powder didn't help. It was disappointing :(

PiggyPiggyPiggy
Talker
Talker

Post by PiggyPiggyPiggy »

I just picked this up today! I decided to test it immediately so I'm just sitting around the house watching soccer to see how it wears, lol. As far as the finish, I like it so far. I have combination skin (leaning more towards dry during the cooler months), but even my moderately oily t-zone seems to be reacting well. I wouldn't say that it has a matte finish, but it isn't what I would call dewy either--maybe satin would be the best way to describe it? I built it up to medium coverage with a roughly quarter sized amount without it caking up.

Return to “Revlon”