Nintendo 3DS

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Guest »

Hi guys. Can I get more opinions on Fantasy Life? I've been teetering on buying it for the last few weeks.

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bits »

Id like to know more too! It looks kind of great.

Is anyone playing Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? I got sapphire and OMG. I'm really loving it so far! The story is great compared to recent generations and the graphics are killer. I played the original so it makes me a little sentimental

Also the return of secret bases and contests makes me so happy... 100% would recommend
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

^ The amount of content you get with the DLC far outweighs the price. I would have paid $20 for it TBH.

I am close to finishing the game in terms of mastering everything. I put tons of hours in to this game. I agree it was text heavy but the story was cute enough. Very good game indeed.

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

Yeah I definitely prefer ORAS over XY, the story is so much deeper and the characters are great. And without giving anything away some of the new features are really kind of amazing.

mxprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by mxprincess »

I'm playing Alpha Saphire too!

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

I'm so torn over whether to get Super Smash Brothers for the 3ds or the Wii U. I'm assuming the Wii U will have better graphic quality, but the 3ds has the convenience of being portable... Has anyone bought it yet for one system or another?

gizcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gizcorn »

Got 3ds launch day. It's so worth it. I've played it so much since I've bought it, (just looking I've put in 77 hours. which is ridiculous hahaha) and it still isn't old. Most of my friends have a 3ds over a wii u too so I find more people to play with. You could always get both, I'm sure it would be worth it either way.

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

FrozenLeaves wrote:I'm so torn over whether to get Super Smash Brothers for the 3ds or the Wii U. I'm assuming the Wii U will have better graphic quality, but the 3ds has the convenience of being portable... Has anyone bought it yet for one system or another?
Here's a pretty good article on the pros and cons of each:

http://www.latintimes.com/super-smash-b ... tos-189923

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Ergh. Still so hard to choose. The both sound like they have good features. Ngl I'm probably gonna end up with both of them. (--__--)

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

^ From what I have been reading that seems to be a good and popular idea. While I am not in to SSB if say there were 2 versions of Animal Crossing on both platforms I would so need to own them all!

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

Rosewynn wrote:^ From what I have been reading that seems to be a good and popular idea. While I am not in to SSB if say there were 2 versions of Animal Crossing on both platforms I would so need to own them all!
Definitely agree about Animal Crossing. Two of the systems I have were bought solely for AC. I have other games I play on them too but they weren't my main priority.
Anyway with that reassurance about SSB I'm probably gonna buy them after Christmas when the prices drop a little.

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

I have AC for my 3DS, but checking it always feel like such a chore. I wish I could figure out a way to get into it :(

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

Oh my, bit of a dead topic I see.

I just recently bought Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (I know it's an older game, but eh) and I am loving it so far! I hear many complaints about it being repetitive, but oh well. I love exploring the new mansions. The graphics and sound effects/music are very well done in my opinion, and aside from some minor blahs, I think the game controls well too. It's a lovely game and I'm really enjoying it. ^o^

I'm hoping to purchase Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance soon. Do any of you own that? I've watched many reviews and it looks to be fun, I'm just always worried about difficulty and the camera. I don't typically play games where I control the camera. I own a regular 3DS without the CPP so I'd be using the shoulder buttons to control the camera.

Girltyler
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Girltyler »

I have Luigis Mansion Dark Moon and I absolutely LOVED IT! The Luigis mansion for gamecube was my first GC game and my brother sold it so I had to immediately buy the DS one when it came out and it did not disappoint.

I feel the same way about Animal Crossing too. I bought my 3DS and ACNL the day it came out and played it every day for almost a year and a half. I think I have about 600 hours on it (which I know isn't much compared to people who have super nice decorative towns)

I also have Fantasy Life and I love it on and off. I'll play it mulitple hours a day for a week straight then not touch it for two months..

That being said anybody have any recommendations? I also love the LoZ and Harvest Moon series

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

Fantasy life is sooo good! I'm at 100 hours and still haven't ranked everything up fully. I want to do that before I buy the dlc.

For harvest moon I've heard story of seasons is somehow related, they have developers in common or something. I haven't played it (I do want to though) but there's farming, relationships, all that Harvest Moon type stuff.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

(Goodness me this turned out to be really long, I'm sorry!)

Story of Seasons in related to Harvest Moon because it is Harvest Moon. The developers of the Harvest Moon franchise, XSeed (I believe) were working with Natsume up until recently. When the developers and Natsume decided to split, Natsume kept the rights to the Harvest Moon name. Ergo the new Harvest Moon game, The Lost Valley, which is nothing like Harvest Moon games we've seen in the past, and Story of Seasons which is similar to previous Harvest Moon games. I hope that made sense!

I personally own Story of Seasons, I think I am near the end of my first summer (I've put it down to play my other games for a bit) and I like it a lot so far! I really enjoy the character customization feature, the villagers (the bachelors are a nice variety - there are two who are too young looking for my taste, though) the village itself, and the editing farm/house feature. I haven't got everything unlocked yet and so I'm excited for what is to come. I am also pleased that the festivals in this game are not forced upon you like they were in Tale of Two Towns. You can participate in festivals/contests to get more farm land though, I think. The animals also look really cute in this one! At least I think they do. I think I read somewhere if you continue to feed and eventually befriend the wild ones, new ones will appear. I'm also excited for unlocking the safari. I hope it's fun! You can also swim in this game, like in ACNL, and dive for fish/objects. You can fish as well, after you get your first fishing rod. I think that eventually you can make your own clothing, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I think you might be able to buy them from traders eventually, too.

There are some "meh" points in the game, but they are not deal breakers. At least not for me. If you've played past games you would be familiar with the shipping bin. In Story of Seasons the shipping bin has been removed and in it's place are traders. These are different people that come to your town on different days (so you cannot ship ever day, at least not in the beginning) that you can sell your crops/items to and buy things from. In the beginning, this is tedious. You start off with one trader that does not come every day. As a result you can't always sell your crops at peak freshness. It's not that big of deal though. It's just a bit difficult when you first start out if you don't handle money well. However, as the game progresses, you unlock more and more traders and I think that eventually you will have somebody to sell to every day of the week. The trader mechanic does provide some positives, too. Different traders will pay more for certain items, I believe. Some like fish, others like crops, and others like dairy products and so on and so forth.

I have also heard some complaints regarding the size of your farm and the distance of your farm from the town. I've only played TOTT and not for very long. I was in Bluebell so I had an itty bitty farm haha. I don't think the size of the farm is that bad, however I don't have barns for all the different animals yet and that might be an issue. But, the game does offer you alternate crop locations. You are given an extra crop area near the beginning, however it is limited to a specific type of crop. As the game progresses, other characters (and your own) crop areas leases will be up and you have the chance to "steal" their crop area from them. I have tried this once and I had to beat them in a festival of some kind or see which one of us had more crops harvested by the end of the season. I don't think you are ever at huge risk of losing your own crop area because you are notified in the morning that your lease is up and the lease renewal place doesn't open till 9 AM. The distance of your farm to the town can be a bit annoying, but the horse does speed things up.

Another thing I personally find annoying is building things. In TOTT I already had a kitchen and a fridge to store food in. In Story of Seasons I needed to purchase a blueprint and collect the materials in order to build these. Same goes for building a chicken coop, pet barn, and I'm assuming an alpaca barn. I think the bunnies can live with the chickens. You need to buy the blueprints and gather the material to build these before you can buy the animals. This is a bit annoying, in my opinion. It didn't take a horribly long time for me to be able to build the kitchen, fridge, and chicken coop. I have the pet barn blueprint, but not all the materials. Once you have the kitchen and fridge built, you can make food and store it so it stays fresher longer and sells for more. However, you also have to buy recipes. You can't experiment or just google how to make things, you have to wait until the recipe becomes available to buy (and I think in some cases one recipe won't become available until you buy a different one) again though, it's not that big of a deal.

I personally really love the game, regardless of the things I've mentioned. They really aren't that bad once you get used to them, it's just a bit of an adjustment from other games, in my opinion. If you like Harvest Moon games then I am sure you would like this one! :)

I just wish I could have unlimited save files! :p I want to marry so many different bachelors and bachelorettes. :love2:

Although not Klaus or Iris because I think they should marry. I wish they would. They are so cute together.

notalovesong
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by notalovesong »

bits wrote:I have AC for my 3DS, but checking it always feel like such a chore. I wish I could figure out a way to get into it :(
I have Animal crossing too! I find it takes too much time to get into so I haven't played it in a year

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

So as someone who hasn't kept up with things, how does the Amiibo things work? I know for my 3DS I would have to get the adapter, but is it worth it? Idk if I even want to get the AC Happy Homes game right now since it's fairly expensive, but I know it has cards to go with it.

dance0nglitter
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by dance0nglitter »

kayuhsee wrote:So as someone who hasn't kept up with things, how does the Amiibo things work? I know for my 3DS I would have to get the adapter, but is it worth it? Idk if I even want to get the AC Happy Homes game right now since it's fairly expensive, but I know it has cards to go with it.
You can get the villagers on amiibo cards randomly showing up anyway, so you don't necessarily need to collect the amiibo cards unless you want to, aha, it's only the NPCs like Tortimer, Isabelle, etc that you can only design for if you have their card!

Return to “Games”