Vintageortacky

razzledazzle
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by razzledazzle »

Also, her whole body acceptance thing is so old. Yeah, you should be happy with having a body that functions, but why promote such extreme obesity?? If she plays the body acceptance card, she also needs to say the whole truth, including all of the health problems she has from being so large. If she is so proud, why not be proud of the entire picture?

ImAYouTubeCelebrity
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ImAYouTubeCelebrity »

Came across this lady and thought this could be Cora in 30 years lol

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

razzledazzle wrote:Also, her whole body acceptance thing is so old. Yeah, you should be happy with having a body that functions, but why promote such extreme obesity?? If she plays the body acceptance card, she also needs to say the whole truth, including all of the health problems she has from being so large. If she is so proud, why not be proud of the entire picture?
She never would. Most of these body positive women try to claim they actually don't suffer from any health problems due to their weight. Which is just a lie. And if she/others don't have some problem stemming from their weight it's only because they're still so young. All that weight and stress on your body WILL catch up with you. Just wait until Cora starts creeping into her 40s.

robinette
Debater
Debater

Post by robinette »

cheesecake134 wrote:
razzledazzle wrote:Also, her whole body acceptance thing is so old. Yeah, you should be happy with having a body that functions, but why promote such extreme obesity?? If she plays the body acceptance card, she also needs to say the whole truth, including all of the health problems she has from being so large. If she is so proud, why not be proud of the entire picture?
She never would. Most of these body positive women try to claim they actually don't suffer from any health problems due to their weight. Which is just a lie. And if she/others don't have some problem stemming from their weight it's only because they're still so young. All that weight and stress on your body WILL catch up with you. Just wait until Cora starts creeping into her 40s.
Yep. I'm willing to bet she already has issues but is down-playing or ignoring them. Sometimes you can notice that she's short of breath and the way she moves indicates that she might already have issues with her joints.

teabow
Informer
Informer

Post by teabow »

Dunno if you guys have watched her new tutorial on that Jem look with that god-awful palette - Cora sounds so out of breath and like she's really struggling to string a sentence together in her voice over. Its quite concerning, really.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

robinette wrote:
cheesecake134 wrote:
Yep. I'm willing to bet she already has issues but is down-playing or ignoring them. Sometimes you can notice that she's short of breath and the way she moves indicates that she might already have issues with her joints.
Yeah, I've noticed her knees look hyperextended and shot most of the time. So I think she's definitely already experiencing issues. She's in her early 30s now, isn't she? It won't be long before she really starts to have problems.

teabow
Informer
Informer

Post by teabow »

Also, total cake face around her nose area when she did the close up of her lip colour. Gross!

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by OrganicTaquito »

teabow wrote:Also, total cake face around her nose area when she did the close up of her lip colour. Gross!
Uggggh yeeess!! Instead of spending money on Marc Jacobs palette, she should really look over her skin routine.

And... can we just take a second and talk about (see what I did there?) this face she pulls everytime she does her make up? Annoys the crap out of me.

Just because she allegedly was in the movie for a whole second or 2...

Whisperofguilt
Talker
Talker

Post by Whisperofguilt »

Lol I can't stand that face either! You captured it perfectly.

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyNyuu »

OrganicTaquito wrote:Image
Ugh. She looks like such an insufferably arrogant c*nt when she pulls that face.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

Why do these gurus continue to do cut crease makeup like it is something special? It is so dated now! Youtube reminds me of a place people get stuck in their glory days. For Cora its like 2006. Move on already.

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by OrganicTaquito »

clairebear wrote:Why do these gurus continue to do cut crease makeup like it is something special? It is so dated now! Youtube reminds me of a place people get stuck in their glory days. For Cora its like 2006. Move on already.
Yes! To me, cut creases belong in the drag world.

grassroots
Informer
Informer

Post by grassroots »

clairebear wrote:Why do these gurus continue to do cut crease makeup like it is something special? It is so dated now! Youtube reminds me of a place people get stuck in their glory days. For Cora its like 2006. Move on already.
This is the exact reason I've stopped watching pretty much all make up tutorials. Most gurus do like 2 different techniques for their make up max and once you've seen them, you have no need to watch the tutorials because then it's just shilling products under the guise of "guys these are the colours i'm using so if you want to recreate this look!" Bitch STFD there are very few differences between fluorescent pink #124345 and fluorescent pink #3452423.

robinette
Debater
Debater

Post by robinette »

I just took a look at the thumbnail of her newest video and that green-checkered dress? No, just no.

Madbrows
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Madbrows »

robinette wrote:I just took a look at the thumbnail of her newest video and that green-checkered dress? No, just no.
Some styles just aren't made for certain body types. A "straight tube" style dress as she calls it, is not for people with large stomachs. That pattern just accentuates her stomach even worse. If she is going the fashionista route, she should teach her subscribers how to flatter their body types and shapes.

She did say that this dress wasn't her favorite, but didn't say why. Come on, it is the perfect opportunity to talk about what's wrong with it!

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

grassroots wrote:
This is the exact reason I've stopped watching pretty much all make up tutorials. Most gurus do like 2 different techniques for their make up max and once you've seen them, you have no need to watch the tutorials because then it's just shilling products under the guise of "guys these are the colours i'm using so if you want to recreate this look!" Bitch STFD there are very few differences between fluorescent pink #124345 and fluorescent pink #3452423.
A lot of gurus are definitely stuck in the early 2000's, when pink cut creases were actually in. Cora also insists on having that ugly BOTF era manic panic pink skunk hair ( which looks atrocious with her green dresses ) The whole edgy scene look is so over. It died out as quickly as it showed up.

Another dated culprit is Marlena from makeupgeek. Her latest shadows are icy blue/ purple duochromes that are fit for Christina Aguilera, circa "Dirrty"

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

Madbrows wrote:She did say that this dress wasn't her favorite, but didn't say why. Come on, it is the perfect opportunity to talk about what's wrong with it!
She cant cause there is nothing wrong with the dress itself. Itd flatter a lot of people. The problem is the person trying to squeeze herself into it. And she would never admit that SHE is the problem. She thinks she is fat and fabulous and can wear what she wants and looks good. Shes delusional. Im all for dressing in what you want but you also have to keep in mind your actual body and whats flattering if you wanna look your best. I dont want her dressing in moo moos only of course but she needs to realize she has a fat tummy and look up some ways to not draw attention to it.

robinette
Debater
Debater

Post by robinette »

Ilyria wrote:
Madbrows wrote:She did say that this dress wasn't her favorite, but didn't say why. Come on, it is the perfect opportunity to talk about what's wrong with it!
She cant cause there is nothing wrong with the dress itself. Itd flatter a lot of people. The problem is the person trying to squeeze herself into it. And she would never admit that SHE is the problem. She thinks she is fat and fabulous and can wear what she wants and looks good. Shes delusional. Im all for dressing in what you want but you also have to keep in mind your actual body and whats flattering if you wanna look your best. I dont want her dressing in moo moos only of course but she needs to realize she has a fat tummy and look up some ways to not draw attention to it.

But she likes to draw attention it as she always claims she has a relatively "slim" waist which is why she likes to wear belts a lot.

The cut of the dress isn't bad (it would flatter me perfectly aside from the color). I finally had a look at the video and found the first dress even worse, because of the excess-fabric around her breasts. The color also didn't really suit her.

That dress is one example why something like the clothes-rental-thing would never work for me. This would drive me nuts and I would take the dress in to be altered. Otherwise I wouldn't wear it.

Madbrows
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Madbrows »

robinette wrote:
Ilyria wrote:

But she likes to draw attention it as she always claims she has a relatively "slim" waist which is why she likes to wear belts a lot.

The cut of the dress isn't bad (it would flatter me perfectly aside from the color). I finally had a look at the video and found the first dress even worse, because of the excess-fabric around her breasts. The color also didn't really suit her.

That dress is one example why something like the clothes-rental-thing would never work for me. This would drive me nuts and I would take the dress in to be altered. Otherwise I wouldn't wear it.

I meant why the dress was wrong for her. I agree that clothing rental service would not be worth it and I wish she would stop plugging it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

Yeah im sorry she has no waist. She has the space between her breasts and her belly and that's not where a waist is lol. Soooo delusional if she thinks there is anything slim about her. Im not about to fat shame her in any way but damn at least be honest about your own body to yourself.

Return to “U-Z”