Vintageortacky

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by GoldChocobo »

Her palette reviews all sound the same. Why does she personify a color and express a desire to have sex with it? Bizarre.
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

[youtube][/youtube]
It cracks me up that people are calling her out on this video. She has a "part" in the movie, so she's giving the palette a rave review - I keep hearing nothing but how terrible that palette is. I ordered it myself and she didn't mention how the purple shade has little to no pigmentation - she said it was beautiful when you could even see her struggling to swatch it. Like, just be honest! You can't trust any of these damn gurus when it comes to reviews anymore. The sad part is, she didn't even get it for free so why lie and say it's awesome when it's not? And she got that $100 Marc Jacobs palette? It's kind of rubbing me the wrong way that she's buying all these expensive palletes, but I guess we should drop the whole begging for money to pay for the funeral thing ...

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah I've never heard of anything like that lol. When my mom passed, it was completely out of the blue like what happened with Cora's, but my brother and I could barely afford the $1k casket. It didn't even occur to me to ask other people for help with it - especially strangers lol.

KimiSoYeah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by KimiSoYeah »

Tacky has a "part" in the "Jem" movie?? Quotes on Jem, because this movie has nothing to do with the real Jem.
Man, and I thought it couldn't suck any harder than it already did!
Going to watch her video now. Hope I don't throw up.
ImageImageImage

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

She's become such a spastic sellout, my god. I feel like if I knew her in real life I wouldn't get along with her. She reminds me of a lot of attention hungry alt girls in high school who preached anti-bullying girl power principles but they were gigantic bitches themselves. Pun intended, sorry bout it.

grav3yardtrash
Informer
Informer

Post by grav3yardtrash »

The Sephora /Jem palette looks terrible in her review video. Not pigmented without being searched multiple times and many shades are chalky and patchy.
:FU:

embee
Learner
Learner

Post by embee »

RoseHammer wrote:She's become such a spastic sellout, my god. I feel like if I knew her in real life I wouldn't get along with her. She reminds me of a lot of attention hungry alt girls in high school who preached anti-bullying girl power principles but they were gigantic bitches themselves. Pun intended, sorry bout it.
Ha! She really gives off that vibe. She was massively passive-aggressive rude when someone called her out about the whole gofundme for her mom and then blowing cash on Sephora and New York. I used to like her but that really soured her for me. Good work to whoever it was that called her out, though (I think it was someone here).

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyNyuu »

embee wrote:Ha! She really gives off that vibe. She was massively passive-aggressive rude when someone called her out about the whole gofundme for her mom and then blowing cash on Sephora and New York. I used to like her but that really soured her for me. Good work to whoever it was that called her out, though (I think it was someone here).
I thought it was odd that just a few weeks after the video about her mother passing away, she was doing haul video after haul video. I didn't know someone called her out on it. Where could I find this?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I think it was a comment on her New York haul video? I'm not sure. She may have deleted it by now.

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

LiddlePallid wrote:I think it was a comment on her New York haul video? I'm not sure. She may have deleted it by now.
There's screenshots of it in this thread if you go back. Plus her defending herself like a moron saying it's no ones business.

embee
Learner
Learner

Post by embee »

It's in the Video Games & Vintage Bags with Mr. Vot video :
The comment is still up, along with Cora's five paragraph essay telling her viewer that she's "tacky" and "petty" for pointing out how bad it looks to do so many haul videos after asking for money.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

She bought $100 makeup palette. She'd better use it. She says she uses the other MJ one she has but it doesn't look like it...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

tbh Cora if you were trying to convince people to go out and buy a $100 eyeshadow palette, maybe today was not the day to start swatching with crappy foam applicators. Because all those colours looked mediocre and I'm sure they would have pulled more pigment if swatched with fingers.

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyNyuu »

embee wrote:It's in the Video Games & Vintage Bags with Mr. Vot video :
The comment is still up, along with Cora's five paragraph essay telling her viewer that she's "tacky" and "petty" for pointing out how bad it looks to do so many haul videos after asking for money.
Thanks. I feel like she completely side-stepped the point of the original comment. She didn't say anything about Cora not being able to grieve the death of her mother, I didn't even think it was implied. What she did say was that it was weird that Cora panhandled the internet for money that was supposed to go toward her mother's funeral/memorial, and after a few weeks we get a high dollar haul from Sephora, while Mikey spent a buttload at the Nintendo store (because you can't tell me the prices weren't hiked because of the touristy location). Everybody understands that the trip itself was paid for with GB's dime, but it doesn't excuse the fact that Cora and her husband took donation money to buy a bunch of bullshit they didn't need. And it wasn't just "a couple of souvenirs" like Cora said, they spent a shitton of money in NYC...money they, themselves, said they didn't have...it's natural to question that kind of blatant dishonesty. And the fact that Cora tried to shame that girl into silence ("I'm so happy for you that you feel free to share your opinions..."), all while circumventing the actual topic at hand, is absolutely disgusting. This whole debacle, along with that bullshit Jem & the Holograms palette review, has made me lose a lot of respect for Cora. What a leech.

marliepanda
Lurker
Lurker

Post by marliepanda »

Hello!

That was me who 'called her out' a few of her subbies agreed with me but most got on the 'it's her money!!!!!' Bandwagon. That situation was totally tacky.

Now she's in Vegas gambling her birthday money. This is not someone who needs to beg for funeral dollar. I know people whose birthday money goes on bills, they wouldn't dream of risking losing $100 by gambling it, as the thought of losing that money would be so devastating.

Bitch is so crass it hurts.

ImAYouTubeCelebrity
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ImAYouTubeCelebrity »

marliepanda wrote:Hello!

That was me who 'called her out' a few of her subbies agreed with me but most got on the 'it's her money!!!!!' Bandwagon. That situation was totally tacky.

Now she's in Vegas gambling her birthday money. This is not someone who needs to beg for funeral dollar. I know people whose birthday money goes on bills, they wouldn't dream of risking losing $100 by gambling it, as the thought of losing that money would be so devastating.

Thumbed you up on the thread you were totally right to call her out on it and the people that attacked you are idiots. I have lost a LOT of respect for Cora in all this and think a lot of others will have as well.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

marliepanda wrote:Hello!

Those asshats missed the point. It wasn't her money. It was the money of her loved ones and strangers. Money meant to pay credit cards off from the funeral. Not money for hats and mugs and makeup palettes in NYC.

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by OrganicTaquito »

This is the second Youtuber I see who uses GoFundMe to finance something and quite frankly, it leaves a bad tastr in my mouth.
She said in her reply that most of the donors were friends and family. Why not reach out to them privately? It doesn't make sense to do it publicly on the internet unless she was counting on her subscribers. Therefor, she shouldn't even be bitching about being judged. She was the one making it known to the public and I guess she thinks her subscribers are stupid enough to not question her. I mean, it doesn't takr a genius to see somehing is up when she spent all that money on Sephora and now on a 100 dollar palette (which wasn't that impressive IMO)

Her cutesy, pre teen attitude annoyed the hell out of me but now she's gone all bitch mode and that makes it even worse. I mean, just look at ther intro to the Marc Jacobs palette video. Screams unprofessional.

Side note and totally shallow but I hate wheb her chubby hands and fingers! Specially when she does the whole QVC thing all over the products.

OrganicTaquito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by OrganicTaquito »

This is the second Youtuber I see who uses GoFundMe to finance something and quite frankly, it leaves a bad tastr in my mouth.
She said in her reply that most of the donors were friends and family. Why not reach out to them privately? It doesn't make sense to do it publicly on the internet unless she was counting on her subscribers. Therefor, she shouldn't even be bitching about being judged. She was the one making it known to the public and I guess she thinks her subscribers are stupid enough to not question her. I mean, it doesn't takr a genius to see somehing is up when she spent all that money on Sephora and now on a 100 dollar palette (which wasn't that impressive IMO)

Her cutesy, pre teen attitude annoyed the hell out of me but now she's gone all bitch mode and that makes it even worse. I mean, just look at ther intro to the Marc Jacobs palette video. Screams unprofessional.

Side note and totally shallow but I hate wheb her chubby hands and fingers! Specially when she does the whole QVC thing all over the products.

Omni
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Omni »

I have mixed feelings about Cora now. She used to be one of my favorites, but her content lately has just been disappointing. And I don't know if she's been watching MannyMUA a lot, but her little sassy moments reminds me of his videos. I hate his videos, so that's not exactly a compliment. There's absolutely nothing in that Marc Jacobs palette that she doesn't have already.

Return to “U-Z”