Smaller, lesser talked about bloggers.

snarkvark
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Smaller, lesser talked about bloggers.

Post by snarkvark »

we_disappear wrote:Emma Gannon - girllostinthecity.com does my fucking nut in. She thinks she's like the voice of the internet generation - but nobody had a clue who she was till what, she talked to Zoe Sugg a couple of times. Comes across as so arrogant and knowing.

She also works at Glamour as social media editor since last year? but is constantly tweeting on her personal account all day? So what work does she do exactly..? Urgh, get off my internets!
She does work for a lot of newspapers and stuff but I can't stand her attitude either. It's clear she thinks she is better than other bloggers because she is a "proper writer." I remember reading one of her blog posts about how she blogs and she basically said "I treat it as a joke" because she has a "proper job writing" which made it seem like she was laughing at other bloggers who take blogging seriously.

Most of her content is just OK, nothing special. I actually see bloggers producing more solid posts than she does.

we_disappear
Informer
Informer

Post by we_disappear »

snarkvark wrote:
She does work for a lot of newspapers and stuff but I can't stand her attitude either. It's clear she thinks she is better than other bloggers because she is a "proper writer." I remember reading one of her blog posts about how she blogs and she basically said "I treat it as a joke" because she has a "proper job writing" which made it seem like she was laughing at other bloggers who take blogging seriously.

Most of her content is just OK, nothing special. I actually see bloggers producing more solid posts than she does.
Yeah, i am so glad it's not just me. I find the way she sucks up to bigger bloggers/youtubers so fucking cringe too. She writes like she has all these ~ morals and ideals ~ and loves to tweet that stuff all day long! Yet supports people like Zoella shilling ghostwritten books to teenagers which you would imagine goes against everything she believes considering she's so into books.

Laylalala
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Laylalala »

Atomic wrote:I know she's more of a fashion blogger and I know she's not exactly a small blogger but the one blogger who I absoultely can not stand is WishWishWish.
Her lack of disclosing sponsored posts or gifted items drives me mad. :x
Chicwish items for example she will maybe say they've been gifted to her in one post but then rewear the same piece in several posts without disclosing. Sometimes she doesn't even bother in the first place. She has so many pieces from Chicwish that she never disclosed in the first place. I even looked at her eBay account once and she was selling some! :o
In my opiniong saying where the item is from at the bottom of the first post is not good enough, she needs to say each time it was gifted. (Especially if she's going to sell them later, can't have liked it that much?)
And all the perfume posts, obviously she was either paid to write them or gifted the perfume but it's never stated anywhere in the post.

I could go on but I stopped reading years ago when she was slowly regurgitating Alexa Chung's style. But she always pops up on Twitter feed from people retweeting her or on my insta from people liking her posts and it always reminds me of how much her blog annoys me!
I totally agree! Can't stand her horrible style and that weird smile of hers.

we_disappear
Informer
Informer

Post by we_disappear »

wishwishwish is so fucking basic. Bore off.

Eevee+
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Eevee+ »

I think the blog awards were a good idea, but getting her blogger pals to be the judges? bad idea. not only would there have been some bias, but i think she won an award herself despite being the host which is super shady

Eevee+
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Eevee+ »

ALSO HOW HAS THE CREATIVE GEEK NOT BEEN MENTIONED YET. He is the most slimiest tosspots I've ever seen. he flirts (and fails) with anything with a heartbeat on twitter, and regularly posts repulsive topless photos of himself. I think he thinks he's some sort of smooth talker, but I know pretty much most peple in the bloggosphere with a brain cell actually think he's a freak and way too forward. I've never bothered to read his blog, but just the tweets alone make me want to vom

Vizard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Vizard »

Eevee+ wrote:ALSO HOW HAS THE CREATIVE GEEK NOT BEEN MENTIONED YET. He is the most slimiest tosspots I've ever seen. he flirts (and fails) with anything with a heartbeat on twitter, and regularly posts repulsive topless photos of himself. I think he thinks he's some sort of smooth talker, but I know pretty much most peple in the bloggosphere with a brain cell actually think he's a freak and way too forward. I've never bothered to read his blog, but just the tweets alone make me want to vom
Euuughh, is it https://twitter.com/thecreativegeek ... http://thecreativegeek.co.uk ???? those messages on twitter actually make me want to be sick, who is this guy

chelseagirlsloan
Lurker
Lurker

Post by chelseagirlsloan »

Vizard wrote:
Eevee+ wrote:ALSO HOW HAS THE CREATIVE GEEK NOT BEEN MENTIONED YET. He is the most slimiest tosspots I've ever seen. he flirts (and fails) with anything with a heartbeat on twitter, and regularly posts repulsive topless photos of himself. I think he thinks he's some sort of smooth talker, but I know pretty much most peple in the bloggosphere with a brain cell actually think he's a freak and way too forward. I've never bothered to read his blog, but just the tweets alone make me want to vom
Euuughh, is it https://twitter.com/thecreativegeek ... http://thecreativegeek.co.uk ???? those messages on twitter actually make me want to be sick, who is this guy
He is SUCH a creep...everyone is a hun, babe etc..or a tweet of sad faces and woe is me sort of tweets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iseebitches
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by iseebitches »

This is just so right. His blog name kinda matches him and he scares me! Need's to get off the internet :skull:

Vizard
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Vizard »

this blog post is TRASH. http://ladyandthefiend.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... s-day.html

I can see why her boyfriend dumped her, moany bitch with an ugly personality.

Eevee+
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Eevee+ »

Vizard wrote:this blog post is TRASH. http://ladyandthefiend.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... s-day.html

she sounds like a tool.

snarky-andi
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by snarky-andi »

Vizard wrote:this blog post is TRASH. http://ladyandthefiend.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... s-day.html

this was hilariously bad, thank you

iseebitches
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by iseebitches »

What do you all think of Sophie ( @filthy_paws ) ?

Irishchick

Post by Irishchick »

iseebitches wrote:What do you all think of Sophie ( @filthy_paws ) ?
Why don't you just tell us what you think of her bekaah instead of coming here fishing for information to bitch about her on your 50 odd Twitter accounts.

Maya_JB
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Maya_JB »

ahint wrote:what does everyone think of beauty professor? I like her writing style etc, but her pictures are awful, i mean the product pics. Also her ridiculous model poses which look extremely funny. She seems like a nice lady, but those face pictures make me laugh every time I see them.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XlBCRmDAvx4/V ... 00/ds3.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ASRzqvNRo60/V ... 00/j19.JPG
I know this is a terribly old post, but The Beauty Professor is one reason I registered here! I actually have a love/hate relationship with her blog. I love it because she tries out and swatches (I won't say reviews) lots of high-end products no one else is blogging about. But she loves everything, and never really critically analyzes any products. And oh god - those ANTM try-out pictures...half of me laughs, the other is in physical pain from the second-hand mortification! I also wish she wouldn't just messily smudge on her eyeshadow. We've both got deep-set eyes, so I know we can't do too many elaborate looks, but you can't differentiate one shadow from another on her, the way she does it.

randomlygenerated
Debater
Debater

Post by randomlygenerated »

Does anyone follow Frassy / Audrey Leighton?
I just looked at her blog for the first time in about two years. What has she done to her face (lips)? :o

KitsuneChan
Learner
Learner

Post by KitsuneChan »

Does anyone follow Moshingzombies?

KitsuneChan
Learner
Learner

Post by KitsuneChan »

KitsuneChan wrote:Does anyone follow Moshingzombies?
I just need to rant about her ok...

She's so weird, in her Youtube videos she appears to have this type of stutter? It makes her videos unwatchable to me. Then there is her appearance, she has this weird horse shaped face and it drives me insane to look at haha! Her makeup is pretty shoddy too. In her facts video she mentions a boob job but doesn't explain why... surely this doesn't put out a very good impression for her fans? I know she doesn't have many followers at the moment but if she gets big, then people will think that having surgery to sort out her issues is okay when it isn't (think velvetgh0st). She just annoys me.

DiorxDreams
Stalker
Stalker

Post by DiorxDreams »

I joined after 2+ months of lurking on this forum to say this!
He's tried on my friend before (won't mention her name she is blogger) and she had to block him because he was too friendly, although she has a boyfriend. He also tries with @LaceyFitspo, @FrancescaSoph, @DanielleJade__, and lots others - so weid!

OverTheInfluencer
Stalker
Stalker

Post by OverTheInfluencer »

This chat is brilliant I’m knew to GG! There should be a separate chat about UK men bloggers because they are a JOKE. They all comment on each other’s feeds for engagement, pretend to like each other and slag each other off behind their backs. Worse still they pretty much all got caught red handed (by a blogger called Nik who’s even more irritating than them) buying followers and the main culprit charlie irons still hasn’t admitted it. He’s also roped his poor girlfriend Josie LDN into lying for him. Shame

Return to “Abhorred Bloggers”