How to get over heartbreak?

moonlightbae
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to get over heartbreak?

Post by moonlightbae »

How did you get over getting your heart broken?
Help.
all hail Guru Gossip ^-^

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Re: How to get over heartbreak?

Post by Nesoi »

Go travelling and find yourself. Do stuff you always wanted to do. Or if u cant join a club and just get very involved and meet new people. Time is a great healer and at some point the pain will go away :love2:

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Do some mental digging and have a conversation with yourself. Try to find solace in your hobbies, or whatever makes you happy. Work out, eat healthy, get a new haircut or change up your wardrobe. Redecorating is fun too, and like Nesoi said, try traveling. If you're short on funds for that ( like I am ) maybe take a day trip by yourself.

Something important to keep in mind is that the future will be brighter if you keep a positive attitude. Getting over heartbreak can be difficult for even the toughest people. The most successul, beautiful, strong and smart women you've met in your life have had their heart broken and were treated like dirt by some guy at one point or another. If they can move on to rise and shine, so can you. Always remember that no matter who enters your life, no one is more important than you. This is something I wish I learned a long time ago. Stay strong sweetheart, you'll be just fine <3

whatwut
Talker
Talker

Post by whatwut »

Just keep yourself busy. Try to be a better person. Go workout, hang out with friends (or make some if you don't have any), start reading. Stuff like that. It just takes time, sometimes it takes years, but one day you'll wake up and realize you don't care about that person anymore. Just keep yourself distracted until that moment.

blueslushie
Talker
Talker

Post by blueslushie »

Putting as much distance as possible between yourself and the other person helps a lot.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I need help with this too, I can't get over them. Almost 2 months later and I still find myself crying in my room listening to Adele and Sam Smith, wallowing over my ex.

Looly
Learner
Learner

Post by Looly »

Unfollow them on all your social media so they won't pop up in your feed. Delete their number, so you can't be tempted to text or call after a few drinks. Pick up more shifts at work, throw yourself into your studies, make plans with friends you haven't seen in ages. Do things for yourself like get your hair done or a new piercing. I broke up with my ex and honestly now I'm having the best time of my life and I do not miss him one bit. It takes time, but once you get over the initial hurt, life is so much better. :love2:

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Looly wrote:Unfollow them on all your social media so they won't pop up in your feed. Delete their number, so you can't be tempted to text or call after a few drinks. Pick up more shifts at work, throw yourself into your studies, make plans with friends you haven't seen in ages. Do things for yourself like get your hair done or a new piercing. I broke up with my ex and honestly now I'm having the best time of my life and I do not miss him one bit. It takes time, but once you get over the initial hurt, life is so much better. :love2:

I did most of that. We haven't spoken in nearly two months, I dyed my hair right after we broke up, got rid of everything that represented them but I can't get over it. Every time someone asks me about her, I choke up and I can't speak without crying. I still fantasize about her coming back nearly every day, still replay our memories over and over again, and I can't get her smell or the sound of her voice out of my head. I really loved her, and I can't just let that go :( I want to let go though, I'm tired of being sad.

RandomPomPom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RandomPomPom »

Just know that every person on the planet has suffered through this. You will get over it, and while some days are better than others, the good days will return. Know that you will survive and come out of it stronger, smarter, and happier. There will come a day when you will look back and wonder what you ever saw in them.

moonlightbae
Informer
Informer

Post by moonlightbae »

Wow, this was amazing. Thank you all so much! I really really appreciate it!
all hail Guru Gossip ^-^

RandomPomPom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RandomPomPom »

I cannot recommend BAGGAGE RECLAIM enough. Natalie Lue gives great advice from a fresh perspective. Even if you aren't trying to cope with a breakup but are just unsure whether he's the one, Baggage Reclaim has great advice on maintaining your individuality and recognizing BS in a relationship.

www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/

Return to “Breaking Up”