Gym workout routines?

strawberryfizz0
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gym workout routines?

Post by strawberryfizz0 »

hey everyone! i recently got my first gym membership (la fitness) and i was wondering if you guys have any advice or things you do at the gym that you could tell me about! right now i do 30 minutes on the elliptical, leg press, and the thing where you pull down weight?? (not sure what it's called lol). what are your gym routines?

BetterOffDead
Learner
Learner

Re: Gym workout routines?

Post by BetterOffDead »

I -try- to do the 100 workout

100 jumping jacks
90 crunches
80 squats
70 leg lifts
60 jumping jacks
50 crunches
40 squats
30 leg lifts
20 jumping jacks
10 minutes of running
But usually I fail and will do 3 miles elliptical, 2 reps of 20 legs press, 2 reps on one of the ab machines, and then 1 rep of 30 for each position on another ab machine [it works the sides and front]

lagunabiotch
Learner
Learner

Post by lagunabiotch »

I love weights so that's what I focus on. Why don't you just grab a pair of dumbells that will challenge you and start with that, it's easy and you don't have to wait for a machine.

for lighter weights try to do 12 reps 2-3 times (it should be difficult to lift the last couple reps)
Arms: bicep curl, tricep kick back, sholder press, shoulder raises
Legs: squats, alternating lunges, step ups
Back: dead lift, bent over rows
Chest: pushups, flys

andrewlee
Stalker
Stalker

Post by andrewlee »

Interesting. Thanks for these guide, I think I don't need to join in fitness gym. People go to gyms to get healthy, but too often they may also be getting swindled. According to the Better Business Bureau, around 9,400 grievances were filed last year against fitness professionals, fitness centers and health clubs. That is 15 percent higher than in last year. But there are things you can watch for and steps you can take to stay away from being taken to the cleaners. I use a short term loan to pay for my new gym pass.

jwolf5554
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jwolf5554 »

I do an hour on the treadmill at a 10 incline at 4 mph
Then I do 3 sets of 65 squats with the lowest ankle weights on my ankles

I do that 6 to 7 days a week and it makes me feel amazing!

I know I should do some upper body stuff but I have so many neck and back issues that I don't even try at this point! :D

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

It depends on what you do tbh.

I rotate my workouts, every second day is leg days, every other is upper body and I go five days a week.

E.g.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Legs, each day is a little variation but many exercises stay the same. I then change it up for the following week so my body does not get conditioned to the exercises/weight
- 5x5 hip thrusts
- 5x5 squats
- 5x5 deadlifts
- 5x10 jumping squats
- 3x3x6 goblet pulse squats

Tuesday & Thursday: Back/arms/shoulders, again each day is different or sometimes a combination of two. I very rarely will do a full upper body and my favourite to do is shoulders.
- 5x5 rows
- 10x10 pull downs
- 5x8 face pullers
- 10x10 wide grip pull down
- 5x5 sing arm bow pulls
- 5x10 shoulder raises, each arm
- pyramid incline bicep curls with dumbells (1x1x1, 2x2x2 etc)

If youd like more help I follow the following ig/fitness models and take my workouts from them too :)
Paige Hathway, Sarah Bowmar and Michelle Lewin.

Return to “Fitness”