Shane Dawson

Kleineganz

Shane Dawson

Post by Kleineganz »

Thought I'd start a new thread on Shane since he's another YouTuber I like to "gossip" about. :mrgreen:

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

I miss the old Shane..
I used to watch all his videos, I couldn't even wait for his weekly uploads on Saturdays.
Now, he's lost his humor & became a bit eewish. I guess it's because he's a "famous personality" now.. :roll:
<3

bubble
Learner
Learner

Post by bubble »

I don't really like him tbh. He seems a bit "slapstick" if you know what I mean by that, and I just don't like that kind of comedy.

~~♥above it all♥~~
Informer
Informer

Post by ~~♥above it all♥~~ »

I still like him, but not as much as I did. I feel that his comedy has gone to sort of vulger to totallt innapropiate and eww. I used to love the videos with the life messages. But now he seems to be cought up in his fame.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I honestly still enjoy him and I don't mind the more vulgar humor he's doing these days - I think while he may still have a lot of younger fans, I think he's trying to appeal to a particular type of older fan base. With his costumes, characters and skits he reminds me a lot of Sasha Baron Cohen. S. Deezy is sort of Shane's less cool version of Ali G. and Sasha is well known for his vulgar and racist humor (with lots of jokes about Jewish people). I wonder if that's perhaps who Shane's inspiration was for his comedy?

TheInvernessie
Learner
Learner

Post by TheInvernessie »

I used to be a subscriber of him, up until a few weeks ago. When he released that video about not doing daily vlogs, I was just...in shock. He said it was becoming a job to him.
Correct me if I'm wrong...isn't this his job?

itsmacymarie123
Learner
Learner

Post by itsmacymarie123 »

i think his videos are kind of gross... :/

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

TheInvernessie wrote:I used to be a subscriber of him, up until a few weeks ago. When he released that video about not doing daily vlogs, I was just...in shock. He said it was becoming a job to him.
Correct me if I'm wrong...isn't this his job?
Well it's not technically a "job." He's considered self-employed and because of that it's really his choice how he wants to focus his time. I think he views his "Shane" channel as more of a fun hobby on the side of his main channel(s), which is where is career is focused on. Once the daily vlogs stopped being fun, and started becoming a chore, I can understand why he would stop.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I unsubscribed from Shane a few months ago. He got so repetitive and unfunny. I can't stand him anymore! It's just not funny now. There were several videos from him that I loved, but he just hasn't posted anything like that (to me) in a long time.

nebuleuse
Learner
Learner

Post by nebuleuse »

I used to love watching his videos in 2009-2011 but now I can't even remember the last time I watched a video of his :? I just sort of lost interest in him because he was uploading so many videos a week and I just don't have the time to watch them :/
"It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up"

Post by Guest »

I'm the same as most of you, I used to love his videos a lot! Especially his vlogs.

He seems to be a genuinely nice person but his humor now is a tad too perverted and sometimes just kind of gross. At least, for me. Though it apparently appeals to 2+ million people. He wasn't like he is now when I first started watching him...

I can't exactly recall when I stopped watching him, I just did and haven't in a long while. I don't plan to, either. :\

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

The only videos I watched of him were his daily vlogs and now that they've stopped. Idk.

animepanda
Learner
Learner

Post by animepanda »

I used to be a total SD fangirl, until his humor became too vulgar even for me. I recently checked out his videos, just to see what they are like and they've only gotten worse. The only video I thought was funny of his was the one with Shanaynay and Shanna, but it was because there were random people involved. Some of his videos are just too crude for me and I normally have a dirty mind. I'm surprised that youtube hasn't questioned his partnership because he is so incredibly crude.

smith2020
Debater
Debater

Post by smith2020 »

animepanda wrote:I used to be a total SD fangirl, until his humor became too vulgar even for me. I recently checked out his videos, just to see what they are like and they've only gotten worse. The only video I thought was funny of his was the one with Shanaynay and Shanna, but it was because there were random people involved. Some of his videos are just too crude for me and I normally have a dirty mind. I'm surprised that youtube hasn't questioned his partnership because he is so incredibly crude.

you really think so? im suprised people are saying hes vulgar...what exactly does he say or do thats so disgusting?? i never noticed. i mean if you want to see some dark vulgar humour you should see 'sharolaid' on youtube. He is a gay redneck that is always dressed in drag as a black woman, speaks like a black woman and makes jokes about raping babies and such, He even films himself going out in public like that harrassing people for fun...now thats vulgar, but i STILL watch even him. People even describe shane dawson as the disney channel of youtube because he is so mainstream. If ya'll think he is vulgar, people must be getting pretty soft these days. i mean even on reality tv you see a lot worse stuff...turn on mtv or bravo once in a while, pretty much everything on there is a lot more disgusting and more of a horrible influence on people than anything shane says or does...

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I'm curious, for the folks who can't take Shane's humor/vulgarity - what do you think of Sasha Baron Cohen (famous for Ali G., Borat, etc.)? Do you also find him vulgar and offensive, or do you find him funny? This is an honest question - I'm not trying to be snarky or anything.

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

I too find him vulgar, big time.
The first time I really directly noticed it, was when he made that video at some meet-and-greet (?), I just remember that there were many fans of him. One girl stepped out and he just rubbed his face on her chest. I mean WTF? :shock: Also there is hardly any recent video where he does not talk about breasts, sex, that kind of thing. This is so unnecessary & immature. Apart from that, his videos get ewwisher day by day. He always adds loads of slimy stuff and makes people or himself vomit it.. That's neither funny nor amusing to me. Can't help it, but unless I am extremely helplessly bored, I would not watch his videos again.
<3

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

KAT wrote:Honestly, I feel he's going for the shock value because he's desperate to keep his subscribers and running out of ideas. In my opinion, that's not enough to sustain his youtube career.
Well it's possible that's why he's branching out with things like music videos and the new Shanaynay talk show he's started working on, along with being in his friends' movie that they actually are getting shown in a few movie theatres. He also has a talent agent (Lauren) who I think is the one advising him on his current and future career choices (I suspect she is probably also the one who advised him to stop doing daily vlogs as it was probably sucking too much time away from other projects).

Sakura
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sakura »

I have unsubscribed a long time ago. I've completely forgotten about him ever since then. He was so popular a few years ago, I remember. Now I rarely see his videos listed on the front page.

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

He's not popular anymore because his stuff has gotten old.
He has 30428403958248024 channels and most of the videos there are just plain crap to put it straight. You can see when a youtuber is at his lowest point when he puts titles on his videos which have nothing to do with the video just to get clicks. Shane does that constantly these days. I guess that says it all.
<3

Sunny
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sunny »

Allie wrote:He's not popular anymore because his stuff has gotten old.
He has 30428403958248024 channels and most of the videos there are just plain crap to put it straight. You can see when a youtuber is at his lowest point when he puts titles on his videos which have nothing to do with the video just to get clicks. Shane does that constantly these days. I guess that says it all.

This comment is my thoughts exactly.

Return to “Shane Dawson”