loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheNotSoOrdinaryWife Part 5

Post by loopyloo »

DipDipDipMyBlueShip wrote:
mommystimeout789 wrote:I went through the comments of her 'Moving Is Expensive Debt Update' video and I can't find her comment saying she had a job. She must have deleted it. Pretty slick Jamie. But did you forget about screenshots
The screenshots are really just here though, the general "fanbase" doesn't see them unless they go looking for them. Though I wonder how she's gonna get out of people asking her about her job now, she already said it in the comments, and people did read them, not just GGers. It was a dumb lie to tell if she was lying (95% sure she was, otherwise why the secrecy?) because now people are vaguely aware of her saying it
I think she is relying on the fact that YT minions don't like to question their idols.

It makes me wonder whether Colby reads her social media. If my partner was writing lies online I would think it was time we had a serious talk!

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

I've been mostly just lurking here, but there is something I don't get. She doesn't work but he doesn't have a terrible job, I'd assume he would make enough to live more than decently. Why many consider them poor? How is this even possible? I just imagined that with a job like his, they wouldn't have to worry too much about certain expenses. Maybe he has a secret saving account? Are they just super cheap and they give off a poor vibe?
I mean some people make ends meet working at fast foods (no disrespect, the pay is just different), there is just something I don't get.

Ok here is a pro financial tip for Jamie:

Drive your husband to work, pick him up. The money you'd save by having just one car could go for your student loans. I mean...is that so difficult?? :roll:

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

She makes them seem poor. She talks up his job when in reality a lot are skeptical that he makes as much as she likes to make it seem. On top of that, their home (or their tastes I guess) make it seem so too. She's so hard up to be as frugal as possible that it just doesn't jive with him having this great paying job.

With two people and as much as he makes the numbers just don't seem to add up. Either they are hiding something (extra bills or maybe he does have a secret account which would be smart) or he doesn't make as much as she'd like to make it seem he does.

Again I'll say it makes zero sense for her to need a car when she does not work outside of the home. She would need it maybe one day out of the week or if she had an appointment. Other then that, that vehicle should be for him to take to and from work. She thinks they are saving money by him biking but then you need to add in costs of washing extra clothing since he "showers" when he gets to work. I'm sure it would end up being the same as if he would just drive himself to and from work.

Tilzeladas15
Talker
Talker

Post by Tilzeladas15 »

QueenE wrote:I've been mostly just lurking here, but there is something I don't get. She doesn't work but he doesn't have a terrible job, I'd assume he would make enough to live more than decently. Why many consider them poor? How is this even possible? I just imagined that with a job like his, they wouldn't have to worry too much about certain expenses. Maybe he has a secret saving account? Are they just super cheap and they give off a poor vibe?
I mean some people make ends meet working at fast foods (no disrespect, the pay is just different), there is just something I don't get.

Ok here is a pro financial tip for Jamie:

Drive your husband to work, pick him up. The money you'd save by having just one car could go for your student loans. I mean...is that so difficult?? :roll:
She makes Colby bike to work and during the winter does drive him to work.
And The problem with the money is that they think they are way more well off than they really are. Also her financial advice is laughable, she has no idea what she's talking about.

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

Yeah I know he has to bike (and before walk) to work, but I just read they are considering buying another car, which I suppose he will use to to reach his workplace. She could just drive him there and they wouldn't need a second car. That's what I meant :)

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

QueenE wrote:I've been mostly just lurking here, but there is something I don't get. She doesn't work but he doesn't have a terrible job, I'd assume he would make enough to live more than decently. Why many consider them poor? How is this even possible? I just imagined that with a job like his, they wouldn't have to worry too much about certain expenses. Maybe he has a secret saving account? Are they just super cheap and they give off a poor vibe?
Isn't he a chemist? From what I have heard it's one of those science jobs that isn't as well paid as people think. I have never thought that they should have more money than they do. I am in the UK though where the cost of living can be high in much of the country and many couples would struggle to live on one person's wage. That's why I was so surprised by the amount of American childless housewives on YT as that doesn't seem to happen here to that degree.

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

loopyloo wrote:
Isn't he a chemist? From what I have heard it's one of those science jobs that isn't as well paid as people think. I have never thought that they should have more money than they do. I am in the UK though where the cost of living can be high in much of the country and many couples would struggle to live on one person's wage. That's why I was so surprised by the amount of American childless housewives on YT as that doesn't seem to happen here to that degree.
I'm from Europe too, but I just had this idea that his job would be a normal one able to provide enough :) I confess I know nothing about that field, but I have a relative who had a very similar job and he was doing ok, his wife is a sahm. In my country sometimes it really depends on the area, some couples struggle with two salaries, some do ok just with one.
I guess my idea if poor is just different :)

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

QueenE wrote:
loopyloo wrote:
I'm from Europe too, but I just had this idea that his job would be a normal one able to provide enough :) I confess I know nothing about that field, but I have a relative who had a very similar job and he was doing ok, his wife is a sahm. In my country sometimes it really depends on the area, some couples struggle with two salaries, some do ok just with one.
I guess my idea if poor is just different :)
I was just looking up UK chemist salaries online and £25k a year seems about right for someone who isn't a new entrant to the field, but not senior. The median UK salary is £26k so yeah a couple would not be living that well here on that salary given the cost of living. Their finances do interest me in that until they moved into this house they seemed to have very low living costs and never seemed to buy anything flashy, yet did seem to be struggling. Either his salary is much crappier than we think, or they fritter money away on little things without thinking or they are not using their money well. The impression I got in the finance video is that they are not actually sitting down and planning how to use their money (like when she says she just tells Colby what she does with the money at the end of the month). They don't seem to have any proper long term goals or have any interest in using savings account to their advantage.

DipDipDipMyBlueShip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DipDipDipMyBlueShip »

RETIRED MODERATOR

Return to “Jamie's Simple Life”