Markiplier's Relationships - Part 4

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Markiplier's Relationships - Part 4

Post by Kierans »

I think Mark's just not a hugging or PDA type of person. He always looks awkward in those situations.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Kierans wrote:I think Mark's just not a hugging or PDA type of person. He always looks awkward in those situations.
I agree with that, I'm not a touchy person myself, but usually I can make an exception for someone I'm close to. Mark I guess is the same way.

Yeah rewatching that video with Suzy, it's so awkward and he probably was on edge considering Suzy's a hardcore sjw. He probably was doing that for Arin's sake more than hers.

Actually thinking about it, Mark really doesn't seem to have too many female friends. I mean sure he hangs with his friends' significant others and friends, but it's very limited. He also hasn't spoken to Minx in forever, Dodger's interactions are limited as are Suzy and Holly's, Jess he practically ignores, and all those female Youtubers he's following on Twitter he never speaks to.

Maybe after his abusive ex, he's been wary of women in general? Or since he's so big with the ladies these days, he's afraid any girl near him will get attacked? We all saw SXSW and how Janet Varney was received. Hell even Dodger and Suzy got backlash by fans when they took pictures with Mark because the kiddies thought they were his girlfriend. Or maybe since sjws are constantly trying to ruin him, he's afraid of angering any female who approaches him?

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by DeathToAllSpiders »

Daisy-Bell wrote:Hi there, I seem to have found myself coming here pretty much daily for a while now and decided to sign up :) I haven't done so till now since i wasn't particularly comfortable putting my input in on all the drama regarding romantic relationships and such (though i will admit, curiosity got the better of me) , however now that's died down a little i wanted to pop in and say hello! I'm in this particular forum because i am curious about the relationship between Mark and his fans, i've been getting increasingly worried about it for a while and feel it's no longer classed fully as a "community" but as a "fanbase". Reading through the discussions here i felt that this place represented more of a "community" than I've seen elsewhere, as you show honest support and criticism of Mark, as well as supporting each other and sorting through disagreements in a civil manner. Basically you understand each others differences and accept them, even if you disagree. The talk about the charity effort for the 10 million subs is what finally persuaded me to join in here. This is the sort of community i want as one of "markiplier's heroes". :respekt:
Hi Daisy! Glad you joined us. I ended up here the same way as you did - I was searching for some actual community spirit in Mark's fanbase, and oddly enough, I saw more of it on this forum than anywhere else. It's fine if you'd rather not join the discussion about certain topics. Sometimes I don't feel comfortable with certain subjects or don't have anything to add, but everyone's cool and welcoming when I do join in and I hope you get the same response!

I'm pretty psyched about all the talk of a charity effort myself. There's a lot of good people hanging around here, and balls are already rolling in cool directions. THIS is the kind of stuff that I'm here for; I feel like Mark's got the right idea about helping each other out, but he's just one guy, and there's so much that people who aren't him have to offer. Example: a bunch of people tossing around ideas on a gossip website already lead to someone willing to host a charity livestream.

DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker

Post by DanceApocalyptic »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote: We all saw SXSW and how Janet Varney was received. Hell even Dodger and Suzy got backlash by fans when they took pictures with Mark because the kiddies thought they were his girlfriend.
Oh yes, the fangirls grab their pitchforks whenever he's seen with a female. Bad enough he's dodging mines not as to not trigger any SJW's. Protip: put those stalker skills to good use and do your research before you start an uproar.

I heard SXSW was a hot mess because Mark's fans would not shut up the entire show. Something along those lines.

But he strikes me as more of a man's man. He'd rather go grab a beer with his boys than hang with girls. Plus, he always hasn't had good luck with females (past relationships aside). Remember his story about the dance at his summer camp? (I'm at work atm, so I can't post the video).
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

Post by Guest »

I still think he was just being silly, but if he was being a lil' sarcastic cause of the board (unlikely but lol) then that's hilarious, the shady bitch :rofl:

With boobs, biology and evolution plain and simple, it's hardwired and natural, it just seems odd because we(maybe not all of us?) are not in fact biologically male and heterosexual. There is a ton of research on this, but not the time nor the place :D (I'm talking purely biological heterosexual male attraction btw no need to yell)
Kierans wrote:
Dragonmax wrote:I forgot what collab I watched in her channel though, but she also kept introducing Mark like "Mark, known as Markiplier". :rofl:
You mean this one?
[youtube][/youtube]

So awkward. :lol: If he ever put her on his channel, people would flip. And by people, I mean me.

About the boobs thing...I'll never understand it either. I'm all about that bass. 8-)
YES, THAT'S IT.

Watching Mark and Suzy collab was like putting a toothpick under your big toe and kicking it against a wall.

But next collab he does with the grumps should be Ross, Dan and Mark, but that will never happen, Dan has never been on Grumpcade and probs never will be :( :( :(

He has very strong male relationships and friendships in his life and he's a pretty well rounded person, maybe he just doesn't relate well or doesn't really know "how" to be friends with a girl, because we ladies can misconstruct things, same with men and find the other hard to read :roll: :rofl: whatever, he's still a seemingly chill guy.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:We all saw SXSW
Actually, I never did. I think I found out about Mark after SXSW, and have only heard hushed whispers about it since. :P Can't really find any actual footage on it, either, which makes me feel dumb. Does anyone have anything I can see or watch, or give a quick rundown about it for those of us who missed it?
DanceApocalytpic wrote:Remember his story about the dance at his summer camp?
Yet another story I've never even heard of. Does this mean I have to hand in my GG card now? :?

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

I've never heard the summer camp dance story either! :lol: Please enlighten us when you're off work, DanceApocalyptic, or someone else who knows it. :D

I'm sure he has some female friends, but he'll never broadcast his interactions with them online because of how the fans will react. Most of his friends do seem to be guys, which seems pretty normal to me.

DanceApocalyptic
Talker
Talker

Post by DanceApocalyptic »

I had this whole summary typed up and I closed my window!

I forget what game he was playing, but while trying to find his way somewhere, he told a childhood story to pass the time. He went to band camp when he was younger, and at the end, they paired up the guys and gals for a dance. He got paired up with a girl, and she turned him down. At the time, his response was "it's ok, I wouldn't want to go out with me either." Looking back on it however,his response was more along the lines of "Fuck you, I'm Markiplier, why wouldn't you want to dance with me?" (albeit in a playful manner). When I'm off, I'll post the video.

And about the boobs, this is the inner horoscope nut in me talking: he IS a Cancer man so of course that would be his type. ;)
Ain't no order in this courtroom.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I LOVED the boobs/FNAF 4 thing! He's so funny :) He really cheered me up.
Ugh I hate dances. I asked a guy if he wanted to dance, he said no so I just never asked. Honestly I am too chicken to ask a guy out or dance or anything. I am one of those girls that's just too afraid, fear rejection. I rather the guy ask. True, they might be as shy too.
Now if Mark asked me to dance, I'd say I love to. It's interesting how Wade and Bob are fine with saying they have a girlfriend/wife. Does Mark just have a bigger fan girl base? :O

Daisy-Bell
Learner
Learner

Post by Daisy-Bell »

kei wrote:
Daisy-Bell wrote:Hi there, I seem to have found myself coming here pretty much daily for a while now and decided to sign up :) I haven't done so till now since i wasn't particularly comfortable putting my input in on all the drama regarding romantic relationships and such (though i will admit, curiosity got the better of me) , however now that's died down a little i wanted to pop in and say hello! I'm in this particular forum because i am curious about the relationship between Mark and his fans, i've been getting increasingly worried about it for a while and feel it's no longer classed fully as a "community" but as a "fanbase". Reading through the discussions here i felt that this place represented more of a "community" than I've seen elsewhere, as you show honest support and criticism of Mark, as well as supporting each other and sorting through disagreements in a civil manner. Basically you understand each others differences and accept them, even if you disagree. The talk about the charity effort for the 10 million subs is what finally persuaded me to join in here. This is the sort of community i want as one of "markiplier's heroes". :respekt:
Hey, @Daisy-Bell. ::waves:: Welcome to GG. Yeah there are some topics I just disappear on too 'cuz I don't have an interest or anything relevant to say, so don't worry about not jumping in before. I came here because this was the only place willing to realistically discuss the 8 million reaction video and acknowledge that it was worrying. But one of the things that made me stay was the ability of this community to discuss and argue in a civil fashion while still respecting the opinions and boundaries of others. Of course, I never venture outside the Markiplier forum here so I have no idea what's happening elsewhere. :P

I missed the hug thing before. And I watched the stream the whole time he was there. Go me. :P I wonder if it was because he was uncomfortable with it, or because he'd already had a bad 24 hours beforehand and didn't want much physical contact. If I'm having a rough time I don't want anyone touching me for any reason.

Edit: "wonder" is not spelled with an i, apparently. Who knew?
Hi, second attempt at writing this, gg timed out on me :( thanks for the welcome, the 8 million video is what got me the most concerned about his "fans". I love reaction videos when people get emotional due to happiness. It makes me feel happy to watch other peoples happiness, especially when i feel they deserve it. Watching the 8 million vid, it felt fine at first, i got emotional and enjoyed seeing Mark's emotional side up until a certain point. At some point it lost that feeling of "happiness". He even replied to himself saying "I'm sad!". Then he started crying about his father. Any hint of a smile that was on my face was wiped away and i couldn't believe how grief stricken he looked. The man was literally sobbing, and it most definitely wasn't out of happiness. I felt nothing but concern for the guy, and it upset me to see him so sad, it breaks my heart watching people grieve. Reading the comments afterwards and seeing people wanting more and saying they "loved it" really confused me, i could understand them wanting to see him react emotionally due to happiness, but wanting to see him grieve more? Wanting to see him literally sob? No. I don't agree with that. I think it's fine for Mark to show when he is sad and grieving if he chooses to do so, and people should lend him support when he does, but they should not demand more of it and treat it as a good thing.
I haven't seen the grumps livestream yet (i don't watch them much) but does anybody know whether there is a full video of it anywhere? Thanks. :)
"I just don't want to take for granted, the kindness of that person who helps me." - Teru Kurebayashi (Dengeki Daisy).

Daisy-Bell
Learner
Learner

Post by Daisy-Bell »

Hi Daisy! Glad you joined us. I ended up here the same way as you did - I was searching for some actual community spirit in Mark's fanbase, and oddly enough, I saw more of it on this forum than anywhere else. It's fine if you'd rather not join the discussion about certain topics. Sometimes I don't feel comfortable with certain subjects or don't have anything to add, but everyone's cool and welcoming when I do join in and I hope you get the same response!
I'm pretty psyched about all the talk of a charity effort myself. There's a lot of good people hanging around here, and balls are already rolling in cool directions. THIS is the kind of stuff that I'm here for; I feel like Mark's got the right idea about helping each other out, but he's just one guy, and there's so much that people who aren't him have to offer. Example: a bunch of people tossing around ideas on a gossip website already lead to someone willing to host a charity livestream.
Hey :D thanks for the welcome, everyone here seems lovely, the charity talk is great! Hopefully if people see it, they'll see that people here aren't so bad, it's a shame this forum gets seen in such a negative light just for being honest, honesty (even when somewhat negative) can be quite helpful in many ways imo and can help people improve themselves further. I hope this charity idea goes somewhere, would be great to see, and it's what Mark seems to want from his community after all! :tu:
Last edited by Daisy-Bell on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I just don't want to take for granted, the kindness of that person who helps me." - Teru Kurebayashi (Dengeki Daisy).

Post by Guest »

DanceApocalyptic wrote:I had this whole summary typed up and I closed my window!

I forget what game he was playing, but while trying to find his way somewhere, he told a childhood story to pass the time. He went to band camp when he was younger, and at the end, they paired up the guys and gals for a dance. He got paired up with a girl, and she turned him down. At the time, his response was "it's ok, I wouldn't want to go out with me either." Looking back on it however,his response was more along the lines of "Fuck you, I'm Markiplier, why wouldn't you want to dance with me?" (albeit in a playful manner). When I'm off, I'll post the video.

And about the boobs, this is the inner horoscope nut in me talking: he IS a Cancer man so of course that would be his type. ;)
This sounds incredibly familiar, was it also the one where his friend when they were walking somewhere just randomly started talk about how much he loved virgins and poor little late bloomer mark was mortified :lol:

Also yaaassss horoscopes!! love it, he's such a cancer tho.

Nope, wasn't recorded by the grumps (thanks Suzy :roll: i read somewhere it was her choice), you'll have to hunt for it on youtube.

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

About the summer camp story : I remember him saying it ! But I don't remember which video, ugh... But I remember he took out his "cocky-side" about it, if I remember correctly.

About the boob thing : I remember in anthropology class (okay I'm getting a little too scientific, I'll explain and be done quickly) that, in the past, if a guy wanted to mate with girl, they'll be looking for the nicest boobs (as a sign of healthiness, nutrition to feed the futur baby-Ithink- and age) and for the nicest hips (as a sign they can "pop" babies faster). So, this instinct kind of sticked to it, it's just not for the same reasons (at least not consciously). So, Mark saying he likes boobs and repeating that word is normal to me and just being a dude :rofl: I actually laughed like a dum-dumb when he kept going like "boopboopboop-boobs.... Boooooooooooooobs"
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

Daisy-Bell
Learner
Learner

Post by Daisy-Bell »

looks like i need to watch the new fnaf video. :P Sadly i must head to work now, i will no doubt be back later however. :rofl:

boldnewtaste
Informer
Informer

Post by boldnewtaste »

MapleNia wrote:About the boob thing : I remember in anthropology class (okay I'm getting a little too scientific, I'll explain and be done quickly) that, in the past, if a guy wanted to mate with girl, they'll be looking for the nicest boobs (as a sign of healthiness, nutrition to feed the futur baby-Ithink- and age) and for the nicest hips (as a sign they can "pop" babies faster). So, this instinct kind of sticked to it, it's just not for the same reasons (at least not consciously). So, Mark saying he likes boobs and repeating that word is normal to me and just being a dude I actually laughed like a dum-dumb when he kept going like "boopboopboop-boobs.... Boooooooooooooobs"
i took a cultural anthropology class in college, so i hear ya there... however, western culture too it too far to the point of fetishizing breasts. if you look at other cultures, women can be topless and no one cares; they often jokingly consider western men "babies" because of their fascination with breasts (since breasts are meant to feed babies) :rofl: also, all attractiveness can be boiled down to: symmetry. symmetry means your dna divides evenly and therefore you have superior genetics.

AquarianHorse
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by AquarianHorse »

I am feeling really down and Mark definitely made me feel better temporarily last night with the video. Thank you Mark :)

I so wanna see the video where he talks about band camp! :D

TheFormerLurker
Learner
Learner

Post by TheFormerLurker »

frogert wrote:
DanceApocalyptic wrote:I had this whole summary typed up and I closed my window!

This sounds incredibly familiar, was it also the one where his friend when they were walking somewhere just randomly started talk about how much he loved virgins and poor little late bloomer mark was mortified :lol:

Also yaaassss horoscopes!! love it, he's such a cancer tho.

Nope, wasn't recorded by the grumps (thanks Suzy :roll: i read somewhere it was her choice), you'll have to hunt for it on youtube.
Wow I can imagine being mortified :lol:

I want to see the Summer camp video. What that did girl was mean, it's really scary to ask someone either to dance or on a date because of that rejection and I know they were paired up and didn't ask eachother but still :?

I never got the whole boobs thing either but then again I'm a tiny little bit bitter as I'm "lacking" in that department :rofl:
Image Image

MapleNia
Informer
Informer

Post by MapleNia »

boldnewtaste wrote:
MapleNia wrote:About the boob thing : I remember in anthropology class (okay I'm getting a little too scientific, I'll explain and be done quickly) that, in the past, if a guy wanted to mate with girl, they'll be looking for the nicest boobs (as a sign of healthiness, nutrition to feed the futur baby-Ithink- and age) and for the nicest hips (as a sign they can "pop" babies faster). So, this instinct kind of sticked to it, it's just not for the same reasons (at least not consciously). So, Mark saying he likes boobs and repeating that word is normal to me and just being a dude I actually laughed like a dum-dumb when he kept going like "boopboopboop-boobs.... Boooooooooooooobs"
i took a cultural anthropology class in college, so i hear ya there... however, western culture too it too far to the point of fetishizing breasts. if you look at other cultures, women can be topless and no one cares; they often jokingly consider western men "babies" because of their fascination with breasts (since breasts are meant to feed babies) :rofl: also, all attractiveness can be boiled down to: symmetry. symmetry means your dna divides evenly and therefore you have superior genetics.
I agree with you :tu: Plus, not getting too deep in that subject, with all the boob showing around us and sexualized, men (and myself, even if I'm straight girl) appreciate breast a LOT :D
"All for one and one for all; united we stand, divided we fall."
Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

DeathToAllSpiders
Talker
Talker

Post by DeathToAllSpiders »

frogert wrote:

Haha, I remember this! I think it was some post-apocalyptic style game that he was playing solo - maybe Nether, or State of Decay, or something along those lines?

Sorry to hear you're down, AquarianHorse. Hopefully we can find the band camp stories to brighten your day a bit. :love2:

TheFormerLurker
Learner
Learner

Post by TheFormerLurker »

Please let me know if anyone finds that video too :D Mark has so many videos though I can imagine it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack :lol:
Image Image

Return to “Markiplier”