Mac Blush Problem

Gelarphoenix
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mac Blush Problem

Post by Gelarphoenix »

Hi guys, I was putting on my face today and I went to reach for my matte blush in mocha and swooshed my brush around in it, swept it over my cheeks and nothing. No colour. Odd I thought so I swooshed it through the powder more intensely and looked at the brush. Immediate panic. Nothing was on the brush no colour nothing. I don't know what happened to it, it's barely been used and it's only a few months old. I wouldn't think it'd be my brush because as a substitute I grabbed another blush out of a palette and it worked fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't return or exchange it because I bought it halfway across the country and the nearest MAC would be at least 5 hours away. What can I do to it to bring the colour back. Should I try putting a tiny droplet of water on it and try and get it to "activate" again? I'm kind of panicking because I don't want to have something so expensive be rendered useless.

touchmymeow
Debater
Debater

Re: Mac Blush Problem

Post by touchmymeow »

It might have been on the shelves for a while and expired or there might just be an film on it from the oils on your brush. Try to remove the top layer by sanitizing it with spraying rubbing alcohol on the top and wipe away the top layer with a tissue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

Ah, the classic film on top. Alternatively, you could just scrape the top layer of your brush, dispose of the stuff you've scratched off and you've got "fresh" blush underneath. By that, I mean it's the powder that hasn't been tainted with the oil. I use a spatula to scrape it off.

Gelarphoenix
Learner
Learner

Post by Gelarphoenix »

Aha, excellent. I figured it might be something like that. Thanks guys, now I can get back to using it :tu: :D

Return to “MAC”