Colour Pop

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Colour Pop

Post by luchadora0112 »

There is something really off about this company. I have reviews quite a few products. And only 2 of my reviews posted. Some were 2 and 3 star reviews. I can't seem to find anything less than 4 or 5 stars. And each product only has a few reviews.

Whereas you can go to other brands and they may have 100s of reviews on a product. I even sent them an email asking why they didn't post my review. They said it takes time and that they would make sure to post it! WTF? Liars.

Post by Guest »

Another good point! When Bound first came out I was looking for reviews and all of them were raves, even odd ones where they hadn't even received the product but claimed to "know" it was going to be great. Hmm!

I made a review on the bound lippie stick and never saw it, but noticed one that was posted the day after mine and my comment wasn't negative at all. :/

I don't mind the scent on the lip products but I'm finding that the eye shadows dry up fast and I don't use them often enough and close them tight.

kristenwelch89

Post by kristenwelch89 »

Just fyi...

When purchasing from this company please learn from my mistakes and use paypal. I had my credit card info stolen when I made my first and only purchase with them. It was fixed thank god but still wasn't a fun experience to go through. When I emailed Colourpop they didn't act surprised at all so that was a huge warning sign for me to stay away. :|

ValWinchester1990
Informer
Informer

Post by ValWinchester1990 »

I actually have a ton of stuff from them and I love them. I do agree with some people that the lippie stix have a weird smell to them and there really isn't that much product. I was surprised at how fast I ran out of Lumiere. They can also be a tad bit drying, but that won't stop me from buying more because I really like the colors.

I adore my eyeshadows, blushes and highlighters. The way to get the best application is to use your fingers, which is a definite con to some people so just a heads up on that. Some people also say they have difficulty with the matte shadows, but I just use a fluffy blending brush and they apply like a dream in the crease. They're actually the easiest shadows I've ever worked with.

As for the bronzer...I got the one in Paradise Cove and I'm a little on the fence about it. That one is a little hard to blend, and it's definitely not a product that I want to have to use my fingers with..

All in all, I really love this brand and their stuff is cheap, so if you wanna try a few things here and there, you won't be wasting a lot of money if you end up not liking it.

Hope this helped!

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

I wish I had come across this thread before I placed an order. I was expecting a long wait since it's popular on YT, but the credit card issue is shady. I did notice that their site is not secure and whatever security they do have is obsolete (according to Google Chrome). They've been in business for a year now and should invest money into site security. Who even owns this company? Not once have I see the man/woman talk about their brand in a video or online.

madaronincheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by madaronincheese »

I've ordered from them twice.
The first time was their one year birthday promo. I had been wanting to try them and it seemed like a good time since I'd get a free shadow and the $5 off. PROCESSING TOOK 10 BUSINESS DAYS. Then, once it finally shipped, I was given the wrong tracking number. I emailed them, got the right tracking, and my package a few days later. In total it took 14 business days which I think is kinda pushing it. But my products were great. The birthday girl shadow was pure sparkle but it was also super soft and creamy which made me wanna try their other shadows.

My second order was placed and arrived at my door in three days! I ordered two shadows, another lipstick, and their lip primer. The shadows, Hanky Panky and Bill, are amazing. I haven't decided how I feel about the lip primer yet, but I've never used one before so I don't really know what it should be doing.

My mom has also ordered from them and she got a set of 6 lippie stix and they're all great. Out of the 9 or 10 I've tried, brink is my favorite.

I think their customer service is great and the products are worth giving a shot. Definitely look up lots of swatches before ordering and make use of any promo you can. Honestly though, if they didn't have such a wide color selection I don't think they'd be worth it.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Their matte lippies are apparently fabulous and I'm very tempted to do an order but I can't justify it haha.

touchmymeow
Debater
Debater

Post by touchmymeow »

I've ordered from them three times and I love the lipsticks but I just never reach for them over my other lipsticks. I have some eyeshadows and blushes but I just can't find a brush to use them with. I always get sucked in their products are so cute lol I'm hoping I'll use the liquid lipsticks because there are some pretty ones I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Has anyone tried their liquid lipsticks yet? Curious to know how they perform.

touchmymeow
Debater
Debater

Post by touchmymeow »

They are AWFUL. First off, it took foreeever for them to process and ship my order literally two weeks and I bought them the day they were released. The website was having maintenance done so I couldn't even get them until the end of the night and most colors were sold out but I still got three. Also why were they doing maintenance the day they were released? They weren't updating the page to add the products it was literally an all day thing. Anyway, got my package and no cute signed card that we usually get. I got the colors trap, bumble, and tulle. The colors are way different looking on the website. The packaging is so terrible at first it's fine but after one use and you close it it's an absolute mess I honestly don't even understand when I apply them it gets all over me. They are so uncomfortable even with a lip balm, they feel exactly like you are a powdered donut and you have powdered sugar on your lips. It's so dry and it cracks, they are uneven, you need a lip liner. They are so bad DO NOT get them!
*Regarding the new matte liquid lipsticks

penguinasaurus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by penguinasaurus »

On the matte liquid lipsticks, kathleenlights did a demo of them and while she still talks them up, in her swatches you can tell they're patchy, drying and basically horrible. She started replying to people in the comments and finally conceded that they're pretty bad. You can see how bad they make grav3yardgirl's lips in her swatch video too (she normally has dry chapped lips but omg bad. The color is wonky in her videos too because of how she tweaks things). Both vids and the lipsticks were discussed in their threads if you go back a little.

As for the shadows...all I've heard bad is about the ones coffeebreakwithdani released in her quad. Apparently one is a dupe for some other color they had around Xmas and the two "transforming" colors don't really do shit. I've heard good things about their shadows in general (from this thread) but I don't know that I'd purchase them myself. I have a feeling they would dry out on me before I could really use them.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Lol just lol at their Lippie Stix having just 1g of product (in addition to a silly name). I guess that's why they're just $5? I suppose it's a good thing if you're looking to just try a new lip color, but you can buy a MAC lipstick with 3g of product for $15, or a Maybelline lipstick with 4.2g of product for $9 at CVS or even as low as $5.59 at Target. Would anyone who's tried them say that they're MAC quality, or more like drugstore quality?

As for the matte liquid lipsticks, TotalMakeupJunk101 bought them all with her own money and said most of them were crap:

[youtube][/youtube]

penguinasaurus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by penguinasaurus »

I was just coming here to post her video. I thought that was a great review.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Ok so here is an update on my products. I had purchased some in January 2015, and some in April 2015. I just went to go use them after not touching them for a while (trying to use some of my other palettes). They were tightly shut and hardly used. They are practically dry! Colourpop says they are good for a year but that is a crock of shit. My one eye shadow from April (4 months ago) is almost completely dry and cracking. I am so mad because I probably spent about $150 on their products, and now I can't use half my shadows.

So I guess if you plan on getting them, make sure you plan to use them every day and use them quickly! Man what a rip off! Other shadows last MUCH longer than that!

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

I love their ultra matte lipsticks :( They don't flake off on me and they don't make my lips look anymore dry than other matte products do. I use them with the lippie stix primer, though.

As with the eyeshadows tho, they're so hard to blend. I put one color in my crease, and it wouldn't budge so I ended up taking it off. Now i just use them on my lid or on the outer edge cause i can't be bothered to sit there for 10 extra minutes just to blend.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

alienrasta wrote:I love their ultra matte lipsticks :( They don't flake off on me and they don't make my lips look anymore dry than other matte products do. I use them with the lippie stix primer, though.

As with the eyeshadows tho, they're so hard to blend. I put one color in my crease, and it wouldn't budge so I ended up taking it off. Now i just use them on my lid or on the outer edge cause i can't be bothered to sit there for 10 extra minutes just to blend.
Yeah. I have Jellies, Zipper, and Sundae. I use Dr.Lipp to prime and it helps. But they still kind of crumble after wearing for a while. Especially if drinking.

What shades have you used?

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

jessica3llen wrote: Yeah. I have Jellies, Zipper, and Sundae. I use Dr.Lipp to prime and it helps. But they still kind of crumble after wearing for a while. Especially if drinking.

What shades have you used?
I have Clueless and Solow, and they're really similar in color which I didnt realize before I ordered them. I'm on the website right now and I really want Jellies along with some other colors. How do you wear a blue lip? :D

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

With confidence :) and nothing too matchy matchy or over the top because then it looks costumey

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

I'm excited to try Colourpop but I'm not sure how I feel about them now that they're sending items to British youtubers but not shipping here. Like why should I go through those third party delivery services in the states and customs charges just to try the products when they are being shady and just attempting to build up a huge hype around themselves? Really frustrates me.

Post by Guest »

Hmm so I'm guessing you need to use the shadows rather quickly, even if the lid is closed tight and especially the matte ones, otherwise they dry up. I was just looking through my shadows and decided to see if they were still good and no, it had the consistency of clay lol

Oh well, at least I don't have over a dozen like those gurus.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”