Painting Nails and Perfect Cuticle

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Painting Nails and Perfect Cuticle

Post by clandestine »

I am definitely not a pro at nails and never will be, however I still have not figured out how nail artists get such a perfect nail when it comes to the cuticle. I know to go back in and touch up spots with a cotton swab and nail polish remover, but its still not the same. Does any one know how to get the perfect shape around the cuticle as shown below?

Pepperkake

Re: Painting Nails and Perfect Cuticle

Post by Pepperkake »

1. Don't put your brush down by the cuticle straight away. Put your brush in the middle of your nail,about 5-6 mm from your cuticle and then push your brush down toward the cuticle,leaving 1 mm of space. Repeat on the sides.
2. If you get some pooling,use the poined end of a orange stick or a tooth pick to clean up the pooling.
3. If you want it super precise, you can dip a small nail art brush(which is either squarely cut or angular,whatever you feel comfortable with) in nail polish remover or acetone(which I find is better) and erase/sharpen the line of your manicure.

Practice makes perfect. After time,you won't need to go beyond step 1(unless you're like me,who have very shaky hands). :)

I hope this made sense. :)

clandestine
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by clandestine »

Ms.NorthPole wrote:1. Don't put your brush down by the cuticle straight away. Put your brush in the middle of your nail,about 5-6 mm from your cuticle and then push your brush down toward the cuticle,leaving 1 mm of space. Repeat on the sides.
2. If you get some pooling,use the poined end of a orange stick or a tooth pick to clean up the pooling.
3. If you want it super precise, you can dip a small nail art brush(which is either squarely cut or angular,whatever you feel comfortable with) in nail polish remover or acetone(which I find is better) and erase/sharpen the line of your manicure.

Practice makes perfect. After time,you won't need to go beyond step 1(unless you're like me,who have very shaky hands). :)

I hope this made sense. :)
THANKS! That was a lot of help!

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

I 100% agree with Ms.NorthPole, and it's exactly what I wanted to say. I want to add that you should try to use a cuticle oil on your cuticles every night. Just rub it in, and go to bed. The nails in the picture are painted well but the cuticles look so dry!

Return to “Nail Care”