A Model Recommends

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AModelRecommends

Post by mp1416 »

To be fair, that sounds like more of a Beauty Recommended issue than a Ruth issue? I always find she's the most forthcoming about sponsored videos/blog posts out of the 'beauty gurus' I follow

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I wonder has she gone into labour - she has been quiet on twitter for the last 9 hrs and she has been on it constantly up to now? If she is i hope it goes well for her and is not too long!

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

God, I hope she is in labor by now. It's like she was hoping to do it naturally, and sometimes labor just isn't triggered. Many women who wait too long have had emergency c sections. I don't wish that on anyone. I can't believe someone mentioned stillbirth to her, though. What an asshole. No one wants to hear that at 9 months pregnant!

_Minnie_
Learner
Learner

Post by _Minnie_ »

Me too! Everything on her Twitter has been scheduled posts for more than 24 hours now. Keeping everything crossed for her!

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

A baby girl! a big baby girl! Delighted for her that after all their efforts with conceiving they now have a beautiful daughter <3 Congratulations to them!

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

Oh that's awesome! Did she say what they're going to call baby AMR?
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

Eclectic
Learner
Learner

Post by Eclectic »

Ahhh I'm so happy for her! How amazing. Would love to know her name, nosy like that. But honestly just overjoyed - Ruth seems like a genuinely sweet and kind person. I know I'm raving now but I put on her videos when I just want to be calm and I've been following her pregnancy blog so I'm just over the moon ecstatic for her. I <3 babies.

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: A Model Recommends

Post by Nin »

I see Ruth has just had her baby. :D
Here's the first picture she posted for the announcement.
https://instagram.com/p/4EqTzkvZUf/

canaduh
Informer
Informer

Post by canaduh »

Nin wrote:I see Ruth has just had her baby. :D
Here's the first picture she posted for the announcement.
https://instagram.com/p/4EqTzkvZUf/
Nearly 10lbs, Yikes, that's one big baby.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

Ruth looks so bloody gorgeous in that baby photo! That is how you should look with your baby for sure, happy, healthy and glowing :)

Also in response to her video taken down it is still classes as her issue I think. i'm not bagging her out, I was just disappointed it happened.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I see she had to have an emergency c section. Apparently the baby was breach and they only discovered it during labour? It seems strange that that would go unnoticed during her visits to doctors, scans etc? She was planning on have a 'natural' labour in a birthing centre so I'm sorry she didn't get to experience that for herself but her and the baby are well which is the most important thing!

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

So pleased for her + her husband! How lovely for them, especially after what they've gone through. Will be nice to see Ruth enjoying this part of her life. :) Really intrigued to hear what the name is
onigiri815 wrote:Also in response to her video taken down it is still classes as her issue I think. i'm not bagging her out, I was just disappointed it happened.
Oh yeah definitely still her issue sorry that's what I meant, I just meant that I didn't feel like it was her fault or she was going out of her way to mislead viewers :) (As many YTers do!)

deville
Informer
Informer

Post by deville »

Sorry, I know is this the rant section, but to someone's point above - yes she does a lot of ads and gets sent stuff free, but I actually find it refreshing to see someone who doesn't hide that fact. The fact she puts Ad in the title, almost no other "gurus" do that. I'm close in age to her with similar skin and to date, everything she's recommended that I've decided to buy (after my own research) has been bang on for me, even perfumes. A lot of those items are absolute staples for me now. I love that fact she's all high end because so many people do the drug store thing, and so far I haven't ever found a single drugstore skincare item that works for me and I have similar taste in product style. I love the fact she hasn't uber pimped her pregnancy on You Tube too.

I guess I just find her relatable and personable, and I do trust her opinions in general.

And... I'll bugger off with my raving now :)

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

^ I agree that she comes across as a nice person and I do like her. However you can't give her credit for stating when a video is an advert. Legally in the UK she has to do that now. Ruth is also going to be a lot more vigilant than other people about doing that I suspect as she recently got into trouble with the ASA (advertising standards agency) for not stating that a video was sponsored by Procter and Gamble. :D

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

I wonder if she got the nasty stretchmarks I got... my baby was the same size as hers. I'm interested to see what she recommends for battling them, because they're AWFUL.

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I think stretch marks can't be fixed, they can only be prevented. Knowing Ruth she would have taken special care using body oils etc throughout her pregnancy to ensure that the skin was supple enough to stretch without leaving noticeable marks.

deville
Informer
Informer

Post by deville »

Nin wrote:^ I agree that she comes across as a nice person and I do like her. However you can't give her credit for stating when a video is an advert. Legally in the UK she has to do that now. Ruth is also going to be a lot more vigilant than other people about doing that I suspect as she recently got into trouble with the ASA (advertising standards agency) for not stating that a video was sponsored by Procter and Gamble. :D
True, however it's a legal requirement in many countries now and still so many don't do it!

OutOfStep
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by OutOfStep »

i used to follow her because i liked her looks - they weren't the typical "light colour all over lid, dark colour in crease, eyeliner, fake lashes" that everyone does, she was more high class.... maybe using one Tom Ford eyeshadow and applying it all over her lid and only adding mascara, and then matching her blush to it and that's it

but then the other issue started that the only products she had were Tom Ford and Chanel and other designer ones and I definitely can't afford that

to top it all off her attitude SUCKS and she's too full of herself, especially when despite liking her looks, I always thought she was pretty ugly to begin with. I mean, I was a model too and I know they can make anyone look absolutely amazing (plus sometimes it's not even about conventional beauty), and I get it can get to your head but for someone with her face to have such a shitty attitude ? Girl, all you do in life is model, LETSBEREAL - you don't have the brain, the beauty OR the golden heart personality.

she's not even entertaining enough to hate watch, she's just up her own ass and that's it. fuckin'..... kailyn, bowbeauty, arika, and kayla lashae have more personality than her... AND THAT'S SAYING A LOT

Post by Guest »

She went down in my estimation when she started getting really pally with Hirons "the high priestess of skincare" :o

wowwie
Learner
Learner

Post by wowwie »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:I see she had to have an emergency c section. Apparently the baby was breach and they only discovered it during labour? It seems strange that that would go unnoticed during her visits to doctors, scans etc? She was planning on have a 'natural' labour in a birthing centre so I'm sorry she didn't get to experience that for herself but her and the baby are well which is the most important thing!
Some babies turn even during labor, so maybe that happened in Ruth's case? A woman in my pregnancy class had a case like that. Everything looked fine at her last check up, entering the hospital it seemed alright as well, and then soon after, the baby turned.

Return to “A Model Recommends”