Melmphs Part 6: Hot Mess Express

Janes Thangs
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Melmphs Part 6: Hot Mess Express

Post by Janes Thangs »

I been sub'd to Melissa for a couple years. loved her from the start and eventho there's times when she seems a bit jacked up on coffee, which i can relate cos i'm known to make it strong enough that u only need 1 cup to get ya thru the day, she still seems to know what she's talking about as far as makeup is concerned. i've bought products she's recommended and i've loved them; i've just grown to trust her makeup knowledge.

My relatives are all from TN and i've recently moved from the north to TN , something i've wanted to do my entire life. I have aunts and cousins and neighbors now who talk exactly like her, some even sound more country and back woods than she does. I just totally relate to her air-head silly happiness vibe and i'm also Baptist. From the very beginning I've always felt like Melissa could be my neighbor or a best friend doing makeup w/ me and i love that. Sometimes her videos can become a bit annoying w/ the constant "ok" "alright" - i think she's just trying to clear through the cobwebs in her head and focus; something else i can relate to. I think i'll always love Mel's channel. She's the ONLY guru who can tolerate "yelling" their words at me. which is something i HATE. Other gurus' channels may blow up quickly w/ subscribers , like Manny, (he's already boring me and im suspicious that he'd claim he just loved smearing fertilizer on his face if u paid him enough $) But Melissa , imo , will always be someone's opinion about makeup that i totally trust.
I do think she needs to tone down the glitter and the foiled shiney sparkly eye looks as she matures, but that's just another chapter in her youtube career that i very much look forward to learning from her!

mmbhb88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mmbhb88 »

sniffles galore in the new grocery haul video... its very distracting... how could u have an endless cold? lol

Bchbunnie4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Bchbunnie4 »

mmbhb88 wrote:sniffles galore in the new grocery haul video... its very distracting... how could u have an endless cold? lol
My guess would be allergies. I'm in the south too and if I don't take my allergy meds I can easily go from normal to drugged out coke sniffle in no time!!! We have so much crap that throws pollen around down here that if you have the slightest allergies, it sends them into overdrive!

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

Disappointed she went back to Adam. I don't like him one bit. If he dropped her like a hot potato once he will do it again and again.

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

she gets what she deserves

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

Janes Thangs wrote:I been sub'd to Melissa for a couple years. loved her from the start and eventho there's times when she seems a bit jacked up on coffee, which i can relate cos i'm known to make it strong enough that u only need 1 cup to get ya thru the day, she still seems to know what she's talking about as far as makeup is concerned. i've bought products she's recommended and i've loved them; i've just grown to trust her makeup knowledge.

My relatives are all from TN and i've recently moved from the north to TN , something i've wanted to do my entire life. I have aunts and cousins and neighbors now who talk exactly like her, some even sound more country and back woods than she does. I just totally relate to her air-head silly happiness vibe and i'm also Baptist. From the very beginning I've always felt like Melissa could be my neighbor or a best friend doing makeup w/ me and i love that. Sometimes her videos can become a bit annoying w/ the constant "ok" "alright" - i think she's just trying to clear through the cobwebs in her head and focus; something else i can relate to. I think i'll always love Mel's channel. She's the ONLY guru who can tolerate "yelling" their words at me. which is something i HATE. Other gurus' channels may blow up quickly w/ subscribers , like Manny, (he's already boring me and im suspicious that he'd claim he just loved smearing fertilizer on his face if u paid him enough $) But Melissa , imo , will always be someone's opinion about makeup that i totally trust.
I do think she needs to tone down the glitter and the foiled shiney sparkly eye looks as she matures, but that's just another chapter in her youtube career that i very much look forward to learning from her!
Manny was just used for one reference..but there are oodles of gurus whose subbies have grown in the last year, and Mel's have been at a standstill.

Not to throw out names, but ones like EmilyNoel, Tati from glamlifeguru, so many others, continue to grow their subbies, whereas Mel's have stopped..

No it is not a competition, but just a point of reference.
Obviously Mel's channel has become boring and people are not interested..or it seems for every new subbie, she apparently is losing one..? I don't know..but her channel has become stagnant as far as subbie numbers growing/not growing..

Manny by no means is for everyone (as is any guru), it was just an example..... ;)
And yes he probably does get an influx being new, but still...so many others keep growing their channel...I guess most people can only take so much of the zoo animal noises, the random screeching, the goofy LOUD and WEIRD voices and feeling like you have a spit-take come at you through the screen..

But by all means feel free to watch her and enjoy all that. ;)
Maybe go to the rave section..? ;)

Spenderr
Informer
Informer

Post by Spenderr »

I posted this on the Gerard Cosmetics Thread and re-posting it here too as it is relevant:

Well well well, guess who stopped by Karina's video to defend Gerard? Melissa Autry of Melmphs of course! Checkout the thread:

Melissa Autry (Melmphs) 1 day ago
Ive worked with GC for several years and I have never been asked to sign ANYTHING. I get sent all their stuff for free but they have never even told me I needed to mention or make a video on them. I would never sign anything like that..you don't know the facts honey.

Karina Kaboom 1 day ago
+Melissa Autry Melissa , do you realize that they called me ugly live to thousands of people on social media? Do you think bullying is ok? If you did not like a product and said so in your review, do you think that it would be ok for the owner and a bigger youtuber to go on social media and call you ugly? That being said please check out this link -the contract that my friend had to sign as well as the email which states they only want positive reviews. https://vadisrad.wordpress.com/
Show less

Sammi M 23 hours ago
+Karina Kaboom I am a paralegal. This contract does NOT say any of the things you claim it says. Also, your friend could be in big trouble for posting it since it appears to have a confidentiality clause. Since you claim anyone given free products (which she was) is forced to sign this contract then she must have signed one . She can, and probably will be sued. I showed all of this to the lawyer I work for and he said he would take Jen's case for slander in a minute. You had better hope she isn't calling her lawyer.

VAD IS RAD 15 hours ago
+Sammi M I didn't sign the contract :)

VAD IS RAD 15 hours ago
+Melissa Autry It IS a fact that they make people sign contracts. they tried to make me sign one. it's very hard to believe that I was the only one. Here's proof: http://vadisrad.wordpress.com

VAD IS RAD 15 hours ago
+Sammi M so, you are correct in saying that the contract does not flat out say that you have to have a positive review. but... it DOES say that the videos need to be approved by Gerard Cosmetics before it goes live. I asked them reasons WHY they wouldn't approve it & they said if the video was done in a negative way. so there you go. oh & here's the email stating that: http://vadisrad.wordpress.com

Polished 24 7 (Jessica) 12 hours ago
+Karina Kaboom bullying is repeated over and over. Not a One time thing. Jen wasn't right in saying what she said but you need to stop throwing the bully card. It's not like Jen said it constantly on social media which caused you humiliation. It was only that one time on snap chat. Again I don't think she was right is saying what she said. Vanessa, as far as the contract, just accept that some youtubers (possibly bigger than you) weren't required to sign one. Stop trying to push down people's throats that the only way to get free GC stuff is by signing a contract and giving only positive reviews. They aren't the first company to have a contract and they won't be the last. I personally feel you two are over exaggerating with the contract stuff because you couldn't get free stuff without one. You two sound bitter and when another youtuber tells you they weren't required to sign a contract, you get all defensive and act like that person is lying. You can claim you don't give a crap about their crappy products all you want, at the end of the day, your videos shows you are bitter about something and its not about how "shady" the company is. Even before this drama started Karina, I felt your review was already based on what Vanessa said about the contracts. Its not the first video you bashed a company on because you didn't get free stuff. I have followed you for sometime and its a shame that I felt the need to comment on something like this. Don't bother blocking me. I will unsubscribe myself. I wish you luck in your future and pray you are able to forgive and move on from this.
Show less

Polished 24 7 (Jessica) 12 hours ago (edited)
+Karina Kaboom one last thing, if you are going to keep throwing the bully card, then throw it towards the people constantly attacking you on social media. Not the owner of GC who only said what she said one time.

MiniMeeshie 8 hours ago
If Someone with 300k PLUS subscribers sent a video of them laughing at you and making fun of you then you would be offended. That's the bigger point here

Just Moi 1 second ago
+Melisa Autry surprise surprise Gerard Cosmetics got one of their lackeys to come on up here to defend them- SMDH! Melissa you should be ashamed of yourself, you yourself DEFAMED GERARD COSMETICS LIPSTICKS demonstrating how they are expensive and poor quality with cheap packaging! You are nothing but a duplicitous woman who will say anything for $$$, go away you awful person. This woman got shamed on NATIONAL level and you come on up here insensitive and try and minimise her pain and have the nerve to tell her, she has the facts wrong with a HONEY at the end? Really condescending of you. Everyone knows your word or reviews don't mean squat, you can be bought for a dime. Check this video of Melissa's and a 8:21 to see the truth

What a shitshow, every YouTuber whom has had dealings with Gerard are being asked to comment on their behalf and it is sickening. Mel is so shady, she herself outed them on her own channel when she was showcasing her failed lipstick line; suddenly they weren't good quality when she was lay it on real think to the hilt for the past 2 1/2 years. SHADY BOOTS.

My Own Makeup Line!! Melissa Autry Cosmetics

Gerard Slamming starts at 8:21 like the poster above stated.

Mrs. Realistic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mrs. Realistic »

I personally don't believe she was ever a freelance makeup artist like she claims. Maybe she slapped some eyeshadow on her aunts/cousins/friend one time, but a legit artist? She's not good at applying makeup on herself and her sanitary habits are atrocious. If she thinks it's ok to put her saliva into her eyeshadow, she is more mental than I thought.

She seriously needs to take allergy pills before filming. It's flat-out disgusting to film a video and suck boogers throughout the entire video. I get she's made her entire channel/reputation as being a hot mess & scatter-brained, but have a little bit of care for your "job". Her thumbnails are awful. She can't get a complete sentence out without a booger suck (or 10), a giggle-snort; contorting her face to look weird & a few "ummm, you know, ddrrrr". She can't be shocked her subscriber count is stagnant.

Post by Guest »

Wow! I missed these posts somehow, such juiciness! Lol

So Melissa claimed that GC doesn't do contracts and some other you tuber claimed she does? Did I read that correctly?

It's all too much and ya know I couldn't care less, cause they're all stuck in this shit hole of competition and fakeness when I wake up in the morning I don't have to wonder who watched my vid and who hates me and who will send me free crap lol It's not the life I want...they can all enjoy the guru life lol

And yes, muhlissah's channel has stayed the same for awhile cause she hasn't snapped into mature, friendly, cheery, non-erratic mode.

5% of her material "could" be taken seriously which is when she discusses a product and claims its chalky, smells bad or doesn't apply well.
Other than that the rest is animalistic behaviour, worse than a Mr Bean Show!!

I do commend her for putting her swatches up close to the screen, not that I feel like being this kind Hahahahaha! Unlike other gurus that swatch a mile away and say "omg isn't this beautiful, can you see the pigmentation"!

Her thumbnails as the above poster mentioned are childish and actually unprofessional most of the time.

PunchMahFaice
Talker
Talker

Post by PunchMahFaice »

Does she have allergies in all seasons of the year? so annoying...
Quit snorting shit so you'll have working nostrils for once.

sassyone
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sassyone »

PunchMahFaice wrote:Does she have allergies in all seasons of the year? so annoying...
She does, but lots of people have bad allergies and don't sniff like that. Sorry but I think there's more to it than just allergies. In some videos it's constant.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Hasn't she ever heard of a nose douche aka nasal irrigation?

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Spenderr wrote:Melissa Autry (Melmphs) 1 day agoIve worked with GC for several years and I have never been asked to sign ANYTHING. I get sent all their stuff for free but they have never even told me I needed to mention or make a video on them. I would never sign anything like that..you don't know the facts honey.
Wow! Being that she is on the cover of National Enquirer magazine she has a lot of nerve to step in and comment on this! Of course they wouldn't ask you to sign shit Muhlissa because you lick errrrrrrrrrrr thang!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

I don't know I could be wrong but this pic she has of her and Adam looks dodgy...like either it's old and she's acting like they're together or I'm wrong and it's legit.
But look at the top right and bottom right there's a logo or play button image...I don't know because it's muhlissah and now she starts posting pics again after having some type of cleansing of her life now he's back on social media like he's her one and only....

This could be from a vid clip and she just posted it but this is mel y'all Image

Spenderr
Informer
Informer

Post by Spenderr »

imnotfatimbigboned wrote:
Spenderr wrote:Melissa Autry (Melmphs) 1 day agoIve worked with GC for several years and I have never been asked to sign ANYTHING. I get sent all their stuff for free but they have never even told me I needed to mention or make a video on them. I would never sign anything like that..you don't know the facts honey.
Wow! Being that she is on the cover of National Enquirer magazine she has a lot of nerve to step in and comment on this! Of course they wouldn't ask you to sign shit Muhlissa because you lick errrrrrrrrrrr thang!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAMUHAHAHAHA you ROCK!!! :D

Spenderr
Informer
Informer

Post by Spenderr »

Cantwatchthisanymore wrote:Wow! I missed these posts somehow, such juiciness! Lol

So Melissa claimed that GC doesn't do contracts and some other you tuber claimed she does? Did I read that correctly?

It's all too much and ya know I couldn't care less, cause they're all stuck in this shit hole of competition and fakeness when I wake up in the morning I don't have to wonder who watched my vid and who hates me and who will send me free crap lol It's not the life I want...they can all enjoy the guru life lol Image

And yes, muhlissah's channel has stayed the same for awhile cause she hasn't snapped into mature, friendly, cheery, non-erratic mode.

5% of her material "could" be taken seriously which is when she discusses a product and claims its chalky, smells bad or doesn't apply well.
Other than that the rest is animalistic behaviour, worse than a Mr Bean Show!!

I do commend her for putting her swatches up close to the screen, not that I feel like being this kind Hahahahaha! Unlike other gurus that swatch a mile away and say "omg isn't this beautiful, can you see the pigmentation"!

Her thumbnails as the above poster mentioned are childish and actually unprofessional most of the time.
I told ya babes I'm a detective and nuffin will pass these eyeballz so help me! Hehehehe :D İ swear you nailed it when you said that they're all in it together, hell no would one of them break thy covenant and say anyfink remotely disparaging, that gravy train is reel, they needs it.

"Other than that the rest is animalistic behaviour worse than a Mr Bean show." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, dying pissing myself :D
Yass! Her channel is like the National Geographic channel, a zoo, all animals are featured upclose with special sound effects as a treat!! Aren't we lucky girlfriend's lol! I too will give her the credit of swatches, they are clear but damn they look like a toddler took off with the crayons and had a field day with them hahaha. Other than that she is utterly useless and ridiculous, I am dumbfounded how anyone of sound mind would tune in for actual advice, the prospect is crazy to me. I found her whilst researching reviews on Em Cosmetics and she gave a damn good intelligent review, I then continued watching and found her to be funny and professional - well at least compared to now. That was in January 2014, so can you imagine how quick that demise was in my eyes.

Still no Ghost and it seems Spacey has split, probably a good thing, but they are sure as heck reading this thread diligently Image am I right or am I right Spacey + Ghostie lol.

QueenKiki
Learner
Learner

Post by QueenKiki »

PunchMahFaice wrote:Does she have allergies in all seasons of the year? so annoying...
(Hi! Long time lurker, recently joined.)
I live a couple hours away from Melissa if I'm not mistaken about where she is... The pollen is bad this time of year, and I have severe allergies, however I don't scratch my nose and sniffle 20 times in a 10 minute frame. Plus, Claritin, Allegra, Benadryl, etc are very affordable. She does this year round, it's not allergies.

I will say though, I've had to take narcotic pain relievers in the past(wisdom teeth) and once you've taken a couple back to back doses, your face will sometimes start to feel like it's constantly itchy, and that's what she reminds me of. So maybe she's doing prescription drugs, they're all over the place around here. :?

Post by Guest »

@Spenderr Yesss! You're like the GG detective! Lol
I swear there are so many people that crack me up on here, our own little community! After all, if those ytubers can have one so can we! Lol

But yeah, I agree her swatches are good close up but such an awful mess on her hand. She's lost her presentation skills I guess :p

As for the sniffing a lot of us are/have commented on, I started to think it was allergies, but how long do you keep sniffing and playing with your nose?! She's been doing this all the time...summer, autumn winter, spring!!! Shooting out boogers can be edited...no need to disgust viewers for a cheap laugh.

And I've been wondering the same too, where have ghost and spacey cadet gone, is their cover blown?! lol

Hmm interesting....

frohmitron89
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frohmitron89 »

That is not just allergies. No sir. Nope. No the fuck it's not.

WhisperingSoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WhisperingSoul »

frohmitron89 wrote:That is not just allergies. No sir. Nope. No the fuck it's not.
:rofl: :rofl: Omg that underlined part made me laugh so hard lol.

Return to “Melmphs”