EmilySurprisedToSeeYou83

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Emilynoel83 Part 6!!

Post by Fat Shark »

Lololol I'm laughing at all of the suggestions. EmilyOpaqueGloss83 has my vote though.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

Here's the thing with her reasoning behind keeping these old products, she says she keeps them to use as reference for new products, like finding dupes. Hey Emily? You know that blog you have where you review everything you own including swatches and fine details? USE THAT AS REFERENCE. :rofl:

matte
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by matte »

KittyKax wrote:Here's the thing with her reasoning behind keeping these old products, she says she keeps them to use as reference for new products, like finding dupes. Hey Emily? You know that blog you have where you review everything you own including swatches and fine details? USE THAT AS REFERENCE. :rofl:
You know, I wouldn't even mind one bag of ancient makeup (well, excluding her entire makeup room of ancient makeup :P) if I thought for one second that she was actually going to reference that stuff to find decent dupes. She's NEVER going to do that, plus with most of the things in that video, wear and texture were more important as color. The HIP products were obviously known for being long-lasting and pigmented, so I doubt she will find a gloss similar to those aside from color. There are dupes and reverse dupes of Milani Mai Tai available; off the top of my head are NARS Torrid and the Sleek Blush by 3 in Flame blushes.

It's funny how she tries to justify everything instead of just copping to being a hoarder with an overly sentimental attachment to makeup.

matte
Debater
Debater

Post by matte »

^Oh, "wear and texture were more important as color" should be "more important than color."

Also, those OMG amazing Milani eyeshadows she just had to buy all of from Big Lots when they were being phased out? They were barely used. :|

esslyt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by esslyt »

Emilynoel83shadesofberry

English is my second language, sorry for any misunderstandings.

Joni_M
Informer
Informer

Post by Joni_M »

esslyt wrote:Emilynoel83shadesofberry
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! :tu:

kuchikopi
Informer
Informer

Post by kuchikopi »

In that throwback video, I found it hilarious how she was like, "I loved these so much!" at most of the products, yet they look like they haven't even been touched once! A couple of the stuff, you saw the pan, but with those Milani eye shadows, and the L'Oreal hip and whatever else, they didn't look touched at all!! I don't get the logic of keeping decade old makeup in case there's a dupe?!

ValWinchester1990
Informer
Informer

Post by ValWinchester1990 »

She has a hoarding problem and she uses her Youtube channel to justify it....much like 90% of Youtube gurus.

It's like someone earlier said, she would really benefit with a series of decluttering her makeup. I love watching those types of videos and I think others do too, so it would help expand her channel I think...

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Of all the dumb things Emily does, I think saving discontinued items in case they re-release them in the future so she'll know it's the same item she had 10 or 20 years ago is possibly the dumbest.

I know she's never done purge videos but has she even mentioned purging anything at all?
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

LucyNyuu
Talker
Talker

Post by LucyNyuu »

Fat Shark wrote:Of all the dumb things Emily does, I think saving discontinued items in case they re-release them in the future so she'll know it's the same item she had 10 or 20 years ago is possibly the dumbest.

I know she's never done purge videos but has she even mentioned purging anything at all?
The only time she has even mentioned purging was back when she got pink eye, and even then, she just threw away eyeliners and mascaras.

http://www.beautybroadcast.net/2012/04/ ... purge.html

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

Yep, typical hoarder. You can tell she's hanging onto the crap to reminder her of before she quit a real job to devote herself to her irrelevant, dying channel. I don't think she misses the hours or the hard work, but she might miss the $$$ in a few years when her shitty channel isn't bringing in the cash it is now. Eventually, even her most devoted fans, who still buy into her folksy schtick, will ditch her for others with more appeal and relevant content.

Return to “Emilynoel83”