Scary Real Life Stories

gr4pefruits
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Scary Real Life Stories

Post by gr4pefruits »

I stumbled upon a sub-reddit with the same prompt, but it was closed and archived months ago, which brings me here lol.

Basically, this is where you share/discuss scary things that have happened to you or someone you know. Please don't make shit up lol. And I would recommend cutting out the bulk of someone's post, if you're going to quote/respond to it (to save people from scrolling, etc). Anyway! On to my stories.

When I was about ten years old, I was in Fiji for my cousin's wedding, and we were all staying at my aunt and uncle's house. It's in this super rural part of the main island. Anyway, that house was built years ago; pretty much when my ancestors were shipped off from South India, to Fiji, as slaves and labour workers. Over the years there have been some additions made to the house, to make it nicer and homier, but the back area hasn't been restored since my great-grandparents owned the house. BACK TO THE STORY. One night, about mid-way through our three week trip, I was staying in a room that was located in the back area of the house, with my sister and another cousin of ours. My sister had her own bed, whereas I shared a bed with my cousin (that sounds wrong but it wasn't lmao). I remember we stayed up really late that night and talked about how much we all missed Canada (where we're from) and indoor bathrooms (lol). Once the conversation died out, my sister and cousin fell asleep. I did, too, but I distinctly remember being the last one awake. Around two or three hours later, I remember waking up, whilst the other two were still fast asleep. It was pitch black outside and the generator was off, which means there was no light in the house either. Again, we were in a rural area, so there were no street lamps or anything of that sort. But as soon as I opened my eyes, I saw this cloud-like glimmer of light between the beds. Right off the bat, I thought it was a ghost, but for some reason, I don't recall being scared. It wasn't sinister. It was just there. And I'm not claiming now that it was a ghost or a spirit, but I remember feeling unsettled, anxious and homesick during the first half of my trip, and then eerily calm after I saw that light. It was weird. It scares me now, as an adult, over a decade later, but at the time I was comforted by it.

Was it the ghost of an ancestor, sensing that I was reaching my spoiled-ass breaking point? Maybe. I don't know.

Anyway, I have more stories, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling with this one.

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scary Real Life Stories

Post by Tsubaki »

Let me share a word that this was back when I was in school and we had a kilt as uniform.

One fine school day... It wasn't really fine. It was a very windy day.

I forgot my kilt pin.

Scary enough?

Haha... sorry, I don't have any scary ghost stories to share or any demonic entities creeping up to my toes.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

I am able to speak to deceased people in my sleep. Sometimes they give me information about the future. Its not scary but so eerie. My MIL who passed told me a friend of the family had a bad injury which ended up being true. My former supervisor who passed away came to me to warn me about a terrible rainstorm which came true days later. I speak to my grandparents from time to time also.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Not too long ago I was at my grandmother's nursing home, and I was about to go into the day room with my mom to sit down and eat lunch. There are windows so that you can see into the room from the hallway. I was heading towards the room and left my mom behind, and saw that there was an old lady with short gray hair sitting inside on the couch. I thought to myself "Oh great, she may want to talk to us" which sounds mean, but I just wasn't in a good mood that day.

I went in and there was nobody in there. I was kind of stunned and quiet for about 10 minutes.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Wow, spooky! I have a ghost story too that still creeps me out to this day!

Back in 2008, I became really interested in paranormal things, specifically Ouija boards. I was very intrigued by them and wanted so badly to talk to someone who had passed on so on Halloween night, I had my best friend come over and we did a Ouija session. We had candles burning in the dark room we did this in, and nothing happened at first. About 20 minutes or so into the session, we noticed weird things beginning to happen; my light kept flickering, which was strange, since the bulb had just been changed a few days prior and we felt a sudden chill and heard faint snapping like sounds coming from a distance. We ended it right then and there and threw the Ouija board in the trash.

Flash forward to early 2009. I had been having a lot of bad incidences happen at school and at home, and I was really depressed and angry. It was at that time I noticed weird, unexplainable things happening again. I remember one day--I lost my keys and I had no idea where they were. I didn't lose things often, so me turning my room upside down looking for them was unusual. I finally gave up and went to open my armoire to get my clothes out for the day and there they were, lodged behind shirts and pants. I clearly remember NOT leaving them there, and I was puzzled as to how they got there.

Then, one day, it was early in the morning and my mom had left for work, leaving me home alone getting ready for school. I had some clothes drying in the dryer and I went into the laundry room to check on them and the dryer door was wide open. Confused, I shut it and turned the dryer back on, and went into my room. When I returned to get my clothes, the dryer was open again. Thought it was weird, but, I ignored it.

Things started getting weirder. I remember hearing whispering noises in my room late at night, and hearing rustling around by the window, but no one was ever there. Then one night, I was doing my homework at the dinner table when out of nowhere a plate we had hanging on the wall in the kitchen mysteriously fell, and then a bottle of soap followed. My mom also complained that she could feel things being thrown at her, but didn't know where it was coming from.

Needless to say, it scared the absolute shit out of me. I was led to believe that it was a poltergeist of some kind, probably something that had been let out when I did the Ouija session a few months back and it just hung around and latched onto me. Thankfully, I moved out of the house in the Fall of 2009 and whatever it was never followed me again.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

^^^OH MY GOSH!!! Thank you for sharing! I thought about contacting some loved ones on that board but I will stick to contact in my sleep. UGH!

Hasuko
Informer
Informer

Post by Hasuko »

Hello girls !
Actually there's already this thread which is basically about the same topic : http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14884

Thank god, i never experienced any "scary" story . I'd rather say that i got an eerie experience about 4 years ago.
It was my first year at a fashion school and i was actively looking for a company to do an internship in after the one i was supposed to spend it in 'dumped' me just 2 weeks before i should have begin there... I absolutely had to do an internship to validate my year so i was ABSOLUTELY stressed out to find one in time.
Well, long story short, i was just there laying in my bed after a long day of unsuccessful researches. I don't really remember but i know that i was not really sleeping but i was not very awake neither. Just this phase when you're on the merge of falling asleep (or waking up, i'm not sure anymore...). I suddenly felt some presssure on the side of my bed, as if someone was sitting down just next to me, followed by a -quite strong- embrace. Ok, said like this, being "embraced" by an invisible force sounds kinda scary but actually, i was absolutely not scared. I don't know if it was my drowsy state of consciousness or maybe because this 'force' was not evil, but yeah, i really had the sensation that the "thing" that was with me at that time didn't mean any harm. Then, i felt physically lifted up ( but then again i couldnt tell if it was real or not as i wasn't really awaken) and then this is where the weird part starts. I clearly remember that while being lifted up, i keep on making apologizes, continously saying "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry...i'm sorry so sorry...!" as if i had to expiate all the sins that i had made throughout my life. I just felt deeply embraced by some kind of Almighty immanent Force. I still wasn't scared. More like deeply sorry for having 'wasted' my life sinning and doubting that God was there with me and always did ; which is kinda strange as i didn't use to be a really religious person (i've been baptized though)
After that, i think i fell asleep and when i woke up i was SURE to i had been touched by God's grace < sorry if sound crazy but this is really how i felt like. Again, you have to know that i didn't use to be a religious person, but to be honest, this experience really made me reconsider my faith in God and the way i perceive. Actually, i don't think i was touched directly by God (i'm not some kind prophet ! lol) but more an angel or something like that. Anyway, for all my life, i never felt that Loved and Forgiven.
Few days after that experience, i found another internship. I wouldn't say it was thanks to this 'encounter' because i really worked my ass off to find another one, but all the way along i knew that 'it' was still there, with me, and in the end, i WOULD managing to succed in my researches. Call it my lucky star or something like that~ ^^
After all those years, i'm trying to recall to myself this feeling, and every time it helps to remember that God loves me and that he's always there near me :-)

gr4pefruits
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by gr4pefruits »

That thread is specific to "supernatural" stories, but this one can include incidents involving corporeal beings, etc lol.

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka »

Not mine, but my friend's.

Basically a couple of years ago she was living in a very old house. Her bedroom used to have all these tapestries and stuff but they got taken down like 20 years ago. She walked in one day, the room flashed, and for a few seconds she saw what the room used to look like, with all of the tapestries and everything.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Return to “Paranormal”