ICALLITNEVERLEAVINGTHEHOUSE General Thread Part 8

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITNEVERLEAVINGTHEHOUSE General Thread Part 8

Post by Wtf.ever »

In any event, I do believe she made a big deal about it so she can incorporate it into videos. And now she can consider herself 'oppressed
'.
Yup. Plus have everybody crawling out if the woodwork to support her and now she is opening herself up to a whole new bunch of subscribers, people who have struggled with coming out of the closet and had family problems because of it. she knew she would get tons of support, this whole thing is just a new way to try and perk up her boring channel. I do think she's attracted to girls but I don't get how it's going to solve the peoblem of how boring her videos are and how she's out of ideas. I predict the next video will be something like 'how to do smoky eyes like a bisexual, or 'bisexual contouring 101'. You know, things she's done a million times but with the irrelevant fact that she identifies as bi shoved in there somewhere.

FrozenLeaves
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by FrozenLeaves »

I didn't even think of the oppressed angle, but that's a good point. Can you imagine the sjw videos she's do? Ugh it'd be unbearable.

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust »

Newnonkc wrote:I believe that she is attracted to women and identifies as bisexual. But I do not understand the timing? Like why make such a big deal about 'coming out', when she's in the middle of a super long term relationship? It's almost like if me, after being with my boyfriend for six years, suddenly making a huge deal about being attracted to short guys while my boyfriend is tall, and making sure everyone knows it. Wouldn't that make him uncomfortable? Don't you think he would start to question any short guys I've hung out with over the years, wondering if someone made me experience feelings for them outside of the relationship, bringing me to that conclusion? May not be the best example but it's the first one I thought of.

In any event, I do believe she made a big deal about it so she can incorporate it into videos. And now she can consider herself 'oppressed'.
Apparently Chris has known for a while (basically since they started dating), but I see where you're coming from. Honestly I wonder if Rachel would ver consider being poly? THAT would be a whole new can of worms.
:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

LolaGrace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LolaGrace »

OT a little regarding bisexuality. But does anyone else ever feel like Chris is having to force himself to curse in videos? It just doesn't sound like cursing comes naturally to him the way it does Rae Rae. Also, WTF is up with his hair? Well, now that I've worked him over........

*Bazinga*
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by *Bazinga* »

I unsubbed a long time ago from Rachael. I did come across her new hair cut video from last week. I seriously had to laugh at it, she tries WAY to hard to be this alternative/grunge/90's chick. She was in diapers when grunge was big. LMAO Please stop trying so hard, it's just sad...

LolaGrace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LolaGrace »

I agree. Love your user name BTW. :tu:

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

to be fair though, most people don't just stop being attracted to other people just because they're in a relationship, straight or LGBT. I know plenty of people who are in loving relationships but have crushes they're open about and have said things along the line of "oh my god, I totally would!" when they saw a person they found attractive. You don't just turn that off in your brain but it doesn't mean that they would even dream of cheating. So really, there's no need for Chris to feel threatened. Put it this way, no one would make the comment that they're worried about Chris feeling threatened if Rachel was heterosexual so there's no reason to worry because she's bi.

Mia Wallace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mia Wallace »

holly golightly wrote:to be fair though, most people don't just stop being attracted to other people just because they're in a relationship, straight or LGBT. I know plenty of people who are in loving relationships but have crushes they're open about and have said things along the line of "oh my god, I totally would!" when they saw a person they found attractive. You don't just turn that off in your brain but it doesn't mean that they would even dream of cheating. So really, there's no need for Chris to feel threatened. Put it this way, no one would make the comment that they're worried about Chris feeling threatened if Rachel was heterosexual so there's no reason to worry because she's bi.
Kind of have to agree with this, no one would be saying 'is she attracted to other men???' If she was straight. Bisexual people can control their feelings, believe it or not.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Mia Wallace wrote:
holly golightly wrote:to be fair though, most people don't just stop being attracted to other people just because they're in a relationship, straight or LGBT. I know plenty of people who are in loving relationships but have crushes they're open about and have said things along the line of "oh my god, I totally would!" when they saw a person they found attractive. You don't just turn that off in your brain but it doesn't mean that they would even dream of cheating. So really, there's no need for Chris to feel threatened. Put it this way, no one would make the comment that they're worried about Chris feeling threatened if Rachel was heterosexual so there's no reason to worry because she's bi.
Kind of have to agree with this, no one would be saying 'is she attracted to other men???' If she was straight. Bisexual people can control their feelings, believe it or not.
Ye, I agree with this too.

Basically my thoughts on the whole thing: It's great that she feels better being open about it, bc personally (yeah I know people hate when people bring personal things into the mix but whatever) it felt kinda suffocating when I wasn't super open about my sexuality to others, so I can kind of get where she's coming from with the feeling relieved/feeling more herself thing. BUT, I also still think she just milks this kind of stuff for views, attention, to be part of something, etc. I know bisexuality gets a bit hated on in the LGBTQA community, but I feel like there are more people who don't hate on it than people who do (and yes I could be completely wrong on that because I'm just going by my personal experiences), and if she tries to even hint that she's oppressed I'm going to scream. If she starts making a million tumblr-esque videos about it, I'm going to scream.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

I don't think it's the fact that she's attracted to women, it's the fact that she's making such a big deal about it.

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by chance86 »

Wtf.ever wrote:
In any event, I do believe she made a big deal about it so she can incorporate it into videos. And now she can consider herself 'oppressed
'.
Yup. Plus have everybody crawling out if the woodwork to support her and now she is opening herself up to a whole new bunch of subscribers, people who have struggled with coming out of the closet and had family problems because of it. she knew she would get tons of support, this whole thing is just a new way to try and perk up her boring channel. I do think she's attracted to girls but I don't get how it's going to solve the peoblem of how boring her videos are and how she's out of ideas. I predict the next video will be something like 'how to do smoky eyes like a bisexual, or 'bisexual contouring 101'. You know, things she's done a million times but with the irrelevant fact that she identifies as bi shoved in there somewhere.
:rofl: "How to do smoky eyes like a bisexual." Hahahaha!

More! More! More!

Bi Lips For Evening- both sets ;)

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Edie wrote:She seems to love to test her family's love and pull these stunts over the years. I think they're over it or she's made it seem more dramatic than it really was.
Totally off topic but LOL at your sig - love Saved by the Bell so much. Friggin Slater - "hey look, a roach!" :rofl:
Thanks. :)

LolaGrace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LolaGrace »

Regarding being attracted to other people while in a long term relationship, no matter what your sexuality, I always like to say, "I'm married. Not buried." And that's so true. It doesn't mean you'd cheat. Just that you find another person or other people attractive.

whateverthenok
Informer
Informer

Post by whateverthenok »

Chris got a job with Xbox. Good for him!

Now, Rachel, when are you gonna get a job at something like... Target, maybe? Starbucks? Anywhere?

moodhani
Learner
Learner

Post by moodhani »

whateverthenok wrote:Chris got a job with Xbox. Good for him!

Now, Rachel, when are you gonna get a job at something like... Target, maybe? Starbucks? Anywhere?
im assuming its in some sort of customer service gig, since a meteorology degree isnt really applicable. Anyway, good for him taking advantage of opportunities.

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

zomg guyz did you know that rachel smokes weed. get it?!? when she says "my favourite herb" she totes means marijuana ;) AM I RITE LADIES?

cats-or-die
Informer
Informer

Post by cats-or-die »

noracinq wrote:zomg guyz did you know that rachel smokes weed. get it?!? when she says "my favourite herb" she totes means marijuana ;) AM I RITE LADIES?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LolaGrace
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by LolaGrace »

She's so hip, grunge and kewl. I want to be just like her when I turn 22 again. Seriously hate this "soft grunge" bullshit.

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

She needs to stop with the robust bullshit. Where did that even come from?

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

I used to be able to stomach her videos just to watch them but I swear to god she keeps getting louder and more screechy in them, I just can't make it through a video anymore. I used to think she was actually kinda funny at times but she's just obnoxious now.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”