A Model Recommends

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A Model Recommends

Post by pussyglitter »

bloggerbaiter wrote:She has absolutely no integrity. She charges thousands just to mention something on her blog.
So, she's just like every other beauty blogger? Integrity is pretty thin on the ground wherever you look.

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

bloggerbaiter wrote:She has absolutely no integrity. She charges thousands just to mention something on her blog. Alas I can't prove it but I know it is true. Buddying up with Caroline Hirons is a shrewd move, but a bad one in my opinion. It's a huge boost for Caroline and probably Ruth, but for those who dislike caroline, its a bad thing.

But the thing is, I'm sure she couldn't care less about integrity, when you earn as much as she does, and have as many followers as she does, It's probably not that important since people will follow you regardless.
Caroline or Ruth?

kisskissmakeup
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kisskissmakeup »

All of them do it. They get paid to shill and then double the money with affiliated links.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Just watched her latest empties video. Would it kill her to look like she gives a f*ck? She seems so unmotivated and peeved. I used to find her charming but now she's just getting a boring job done with a frown on her face.

suzy
Talker
Talker

Post by suzy »

Another video with Caroline Hirons. I can't.

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Re: AModelRecommends

Post by kowabunga »

I really like her, she seems to be a very down to earth person, very normal and genuinely friendly. I also have a lot of respect for her for getting a university degree in literature this year (or was it last year?). I'm aware she did't really need it and it was more for fun but she still had to do all the work in her spare time so I think she was really dedicated to it.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem with her vids as the others here: the products she talks about are totally out of my price range, which is too bad because otherwise, she'd be the perfect guru for me.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I really like Ruth. She's incredibly beautiful for a start and I never would have guessed her age. She has a very mature way of delivering things and that is always a plus for me. If they are eloquent (and accents don't hurt either) I could listen to them ramble about anything for days on end. I do find some of her recommendations can be pricey but I have also found that she attempts to name some cheaper alternatives! I totally understand, with that kind of money, how she would have quite high end stuff and if it works I usually wouldn't mind forking out either.
I was kind of over her collab's with Hiron's though. I only liked listening to Ruth's recommendations.

dandeli0n
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dandeli0n »

What do you think of her dry shampoo line? Haven't tried it myself yet but looks pretty good.... is it coincidence that Ruth is with Gleam who are also pushing products from their cients, Zoella, Tanya etc? All products are exclusive (as far as i know) to Superdrug/Feel Unique too.

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

It's the only gleam product I actually want to try as the no white powder sounds good. British Beauty Blogger did a post saying it was good, not sure how trustworthy other reviews are when they all just rave about each other though

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

I used to subscribe to Ruth but unsubbed when I realized I wasn't watching her beauty vids because the products were too expensive or unavailable here in the States.

I REALLY wish she'd do more cooking/healthy lifestyle videos. Those were my favorite, even though she never posted anything complicated or even overly creative. I just liked the simplicity of her suggestions and common sense. It was good to see and be reminded of how easy cooking at home and eating more healthy can actually be.

Foenli
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Foenli »

Okay, I'm gonna say it: what if she's pregnant? She apologised in her last video for not uploading in the last few weeks because she has been "under the weather"... Just speculating :D

SassyB
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyB »

I like her, find her charming. However now I'm questioning her sincerity :| no faith left in these gurus. but agree with most products being unavailable here in the states and/or being too expensive. she is a model after all!

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I still like Ruth. I have always trusted her and mostly just enjoy HER as a person. If she recommends a product I always make sure to pop it through a cosmetics/ingredients analyser first anyway. I very rarely just buy something because someone mentions it.
And find my a beauty blogger/youtubers who doesn't do sponsorships.

promiseandprecision
Learner
Learner

Post by promiseandprecision »

onigiri815 wrote:I still like Ruth. I have always trusted her and mostly just enjoy HER as a person. If she recommends a product I always make sure to pop it through a cosmetics/ingredients analyser first anyway. I very rarely just buy something because someone mentions it.
And find my a beauty blogger/youtubers who doesn't do sponsorships.
Sorry I am not familiar with with ingredients analyzers, what is their purpose?

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

OFF TOPIC!!!
On this website (and for me) it rates the ingredients as to whether or not they are irritating, cause acne and overall their "safety"

this is the webside: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/

So for example I just popped Alpha H liquid gold through it and got this:

For further info:
Q: About Comedogenic (Acne), Irritation and Safety
The value of Comedogenic and Irritation from zero to five, the lower the better (the less chance it will happen).

There are five types of Safety icon: , green icon means this ingredient is low hazard. Unlike comedogenic and irritation, Safety is a comprehensive index focus on safety on long term usage, according to harmful report from CIR, RTECS, FDA and other related information. The purpose of the index is more inclined to assess whether long-term injury of skin, cells or the human body.

Our data source include international experts, institutions and publications. If any the three column is blank, this meas there is no data (not indicate the ingredient is safe or unsafe).

We want to remind our user, the effect of cosmetics depends on concentration, quality, process and mutual influence of ingredients. The skin condition of each person are different (even constantly changing), pay attention and understand the ingredients is a right attitude, but you still need professional physicians to diagnose skin problems.

If you can't search the product you can simply input all the ingredients to get the ratings.

So obviously I chose Alpha H because Ruth has recommended it however, the alcohol in it doesn't appeal to me and I will most likely continue researching it before I make a decision!

kisskissmakeup
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kisskissmakeup »

Does anyone else thinks Ruth is preggers?

caffeinenicotine
Learner
Learner

Post by caffeinenicotine »

kisskissmakeup wrote:Does anyone else thinks Ruth is preggers?
What makes you think that?

craftypudding
Talker
Talker

Post by craftypudding »

I think she might be. What made me think it was one of her Instagram photos (I think) where there was a full body shot of her on a photo shoot and it was the way her clothes were baggy along, with what she has been saying about being under the weather a lot.

beautyreader
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by beautyreader »

She's definitely preggers! Check out the hints in her latest post http://www.amodelrecommends.com/2015/01 ... ect-stays/
We wanted something quite special, with a touch of luxury, as we felt that this was a big occasion (my birthday, my niece baby Edith’s first birthday and something else rather exciting) and so the first consideration was whether or not we booked a hotel.
"Mum and I have already started planning a late-summer escape to Cornwall and perhaps Holt Farm again for next Christmas or New Year; though there are changes afoot in the little AMR family so who knows what will happen!"
She's adorable and this explains the lack of posts lately...congrats to her!

Churro Churro
Talker
Talker

Post by Churro Churro »

Who is this person? I would like to start watching their videos:)

Return to “A Model Recommends”