SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

carriekelley
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SprinkleofGlitter/Louise Part 3!

Post by carriekelley »

i'm interested to see how louise jack's lookbook is going to turn out. i predict terrible dancing, obligatory shot of darcy and looks at the camera to check she's being cute gif worthy

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

oddxsox wrote:Linzilou, totally agree. Can't believe Darcy is 4 this spring...
ahh glad some one agrees, for some reaosn i just hate to criticise louise i dont know why haha.

darcy just seems to be so baby like- darcy was born in april 2011 which means she is turning 4 in 4 months, my daughter was born in sept 2009 which puts them about 18 months apart but i just cant help compare them. my kid is in no way a genius child (im not one of those mums-my kid has super blonde moments) but 18 months ago she was (and still is) a little chatterbox whirlwind, gave up on naps once she was potty trained, ran, biked, scooted or hopped everywhere. if we were out for a long walk we would carry her if needed and make sure we had enough breaks for her such as when we went to disney.

and this to me is totally normal, she has lots of little friends from nursery and now school and all the kids are the same in terms of the stroller and napping.

i cant put my finger on it but something just seems off with that kid. maybe because she has been on filmed and youtubed since she was born :(

MissGossipGirl
Debater
Debater

Post by MissGossipGirl »

Louise is just being protective with Darcy, though I do agree it's almost too protective, to the the point where she's keeping her into the baby stage. let the kid grow up lol.

stampy_stamp
Learner
Learner

Post by stampy_stamp »

I love Louise and Darcy but my little sister is a whole year younger than Darcy and she talks a lot clearer and more coherently than her. To be fair, my sister is quite advanced in the talking area. She can hold entire conversations without an issue and understands complex questions and commands for her age. But I can't help but compare with Darcy. I don't think at this age it's exactly an issue, especially as a lot of kids grow up when they start primary school. But it is definitely noticeable.

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

i think as some one said- it seems to be louise holding her back rather than anything to do with darcys development.

she has this perfect mother image that she wants to maintain such as with her latest blog post. its all bs magic and unicorns as far as im concerned. if your kid wants to dress as a princess, its a simple pleasure, not an intensive task where she also must be lectured on how smart and kind she is.
i call my kid smart and kid etc when infact she is those things, because a lot of the time she isnt lol.

i use to think she was a really good mum but recently she is annoying me.

juju22
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by juju22 »

Judge Louise all you want,but Darcy is fine.My 4 year old nephew is extremely lacking in the speech department,and still cannot speak complete words.Whereas his sister talked like a grown up by the time she was 2.

You can't compare children,none of them develop the same at all.And unless their parents/guardians are truly abusing them (my husband's father physically abused him, and this led him to develop a stutter), parental action really doesn't have that much of an effect of kids.They are the way they are.

People always warn against TV,saying how horrible it is for children.I on the other hand can't say enough good things about it.Wouldn't be able to speak English today if it weren't for TV :D

-forgetmenot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by -forgetmenot »

First post!

She seems to be trying extremely hard to keep the peace by explaining things she does like the whole darcy dressing up as a princess. No one is going to be annoyed at you for letting your kid want to be a princess??

Oh, and posting this regarding marie bitsandclips situation with her mum: 'I would ask for another day of prayers (if you have a faith/are into that) or just well wishes and positivity and good vibes sent her way'.

Was there any need to say 'if you are into that'? for some reason that annoyed me!

katesmcgates
Learner
Learner

Post by katesmcgates »

cdy wrote:
katesmcgates wrote: yes, you're right, I guess in some ways she wouldn't stop filming. You have good points. But really all I was trying to get state was, I really don't think Louise is capable of becoming a Youtuber that scams and is driven by materialistic reasons. I just think you have to give her more credit, I exaggerated, but that's all I really wanted to get across!
if Louise was the type of person you are talking about:

-she'd have stick to not film darcy for youtube as she said 3 years ago, but no she saw how much more views her videos get when Darcy is in them so she continuied with them
-she'd have told Dom (the CEO of gleam) that doing amity at the same time as SITC is greedy and she doesnt want to be associated with something like that
-she wouldnt charge 80£ for tweens to meet/hear her talk about mundain stuffs she already talk about in videos.
-and dont even get me started on how she exploited her "relationship" with jack for views purpose and disregarded the way her husband would have been perceved by her viewers.

so yes, i think Louise is as greedy as the majority of youtubers and a scam like all the gleambots.
Alright, sorry, obviously I was wrong. I guess I just thought she was a better person than that.

carriekelley
Informer
Informer

Post by carriekelley »

Louise's princess blog post annoyed me a little bit. Talking about how the earlier princesses were just damsels and princesses should be brave and smart. cinderella was abused after her fathers death and remained brave and strong and clever but to louise she'd probably just be another dumb blonde who needed saving.

it's great to let darcy know these things but it just comes across as so insincere

SneezyB
Informer
Informer

Post by SneezyB »

On one hand I get where she's coming from regarding her post about princesses not being aspirational, however lets be honest who over 10 years old actually thinks that you can be a princess? No one, it's something kids grow out of.

However, what I don't get is that she completely contradicts herself through the post, unless I am looking at it the wrong way! She says how princesses aren't things to aspirer to be but then she goes on about how princesses are strong, smart, brave etc and that is what she must aspire to be. So 1. you're saying she shouldn't aspire to be a princess. 2. Tell her she should be strong, smart, brave etc. but also tell her that princesse are those things?! Huh?!

Anyway I think Louise loves trying to be someone who does everything completely "right" and totally PC if that makes sense. I'm happy about the way Louise is a feminist, stands up for what she believes in, doesn't believe in gender roles etc but sometimes it feels as if she's coming across like she's trying too hard to deal with those issues, especially when it's to do with darcy. Like when someone on here mentioned about Louise buying Darcy cars for christmas and then Louise HAD to say "because we're not enforcing gender rolls", great i'm glad you're not but do you need to mention it, and also Darcy didn't really care about those cars so what's the point?! If you have a daughter that prefers more stereotypically toys for a boys then great buy them those (and vice versa), but don't bother with toys they're not interested in just to get your point across.

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

im not questioning darcys development at all but i think louise babys her a lot, and this is holding her back. i just cannt get over having an (almost) 4 year old in a buggy.

as for the princess blog post- i agree it came off as being really insincere. i dont think at 4 children need to learn about this crappy princess 'feminism'.
i just imagine darcy tearing round the house dressed as snow white and louise chasing after her saying..." you're kind and brave as well......"

(this is from a parenting website but i think it applies here)

The way I see it, little girls should be free to fantasize about being part of a fairy tale. The last time I checked, we were supposed to promote creativity and imagination in childhood. If a six-year-old wants to dress up like Belle or act like Ariel, we shouldn’t superimpose an adult’s moral guidelines on her playtime. Kids don’t view fairy tales through the same ethical glasses we do, and it’s called playtime because it’s not meant to be dissected and critiqued. Not every decision a child makes at recess will have ramifications on her career path.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

carriekelley wrote:Louise's princess blog post annoyed me a little bit. Talking about how the earlier princesses were just damsels and princesses should be brave and smart. cinderella was abused after her fathers death and remained brave and strong and clever but to louise she'd probably just be another dumb blonde who needed saving.

it's great to let darcy know these things but it just comes across as so insincere
I think she would be referring to the disney perception of princesses rather than the original Grimm's/European tales.
ie the depiction of all the princes as dashing saviours is so warped too, in Sleeping beauty the prince was already married and found sleeping beauty in her coma, he raped her and she fell pregnant with twins. His wife finds out about the twins and orders that they be killed, cooked and served to the prince and for sleeping beauty to be killed too. This was unsuccesful, but there is a surprising amount of cannabnilsm mentioned in the Grimm's tales which disney ofcourse left out.

As for the parenting post, the less enforcement of rigid and uneccesary gender norms associated with toys and play the better. But if a girl chooses that she wants to be a princess character, live and let live. It's not like the normaisation of violence and the armed forces that you see with gun and army toys aimed at boys, that is a complete no no for me.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubewatcher1 »

I feel like Louise is trying really hard to paint herself into a proper queen mother type of role for the public. She puts on an imaginary behavior in front of the cameras, that we know isn't real.
Maybe she's marketing herself in that image, and hopes to gain projects of that nature.

rae5678
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by rae5678 »

linzilou wrote:
oddxsox wrote:Linzilou, totally agree. Can't believe Darcy is 4 this spring...
ahh glad some one agrees, for some reaosn i just hate to criticise louise i dont know why haha.

darcy just seems to be so baby like- darcy was born in april 2011 which means she is turning 4 in 4 months, my daughter was born in sept 2009 which puts them about 18 months apart but i just cant help compare them. my kid is in no way a genius child (im not one of those mums-my kid has super blonde moments) but 18 months ago she was (and still is) a little chatterbox whirlwind, gave up on naps once she was potty trained, ran, biked, scooted or hopped everywhere. if we were out for a long walk we would carry her if needed and make sure we had enough breaks for her such as when we went to disney.

and this to me is totally normal, she has lots of little friends from nursery and now school and all the kids are the same in terms of the stroller and napping.

i cant put my finger on it but something just seems off with that kid. maybe because she has been on filmed and youtubed since she was born :(
Hi, incredibly long time lurker here :D
so glad people agree, I don't think Louise is a bad mother by any stretch of the imagination, but i think she likes to to live in a fantasy world and enjoys portraying the image of a "perfect" family and a napping, childish toddler fits into that image better than a loud independent thinking small child does, because lets be honest they can be nightmares. I know children develop at different paces but from what we see of Darcy i believe she is a bright little girl, it just seems that Louise seems to baby her far too much which doesn't give Darcy the opportunity to develop into her own little person, at the moment she is just a projection of Louise wants her to be

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

ive just watched her xmas day vlog and darcy seems to have got a crap ton of frozen stuff, sylvanian families, a shopping trolly and 3 cars that she showed, all wrapped up in pink wrapping paper.

none of this seems very gender neutral, what about a bike or scooter, playmobile or lego. there are loads of brilliant toys that are for both boys and girls which would be a lot better than forcing cars on a little girl who isnt interested in them. why not get her a lego car to build?

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

Yeah, Louise is wrapped up in the idea of transmitting the idea of a perfect self through her channel. She has her own version of Stepford Wives show going on. It's actually rather disturbing.

ilovejumpers
Talker
Talker

Post by ilovejumpers »

[quote="linzilou"] i just imagine darcy tearing round the house dressed as snow white and louise chasing after her saying..." you're kind and brave as well......"

I laughed out loud at that. OMG!

emilystew
Learner
Learner

Post by emilystew »

Does anyone else think her relationship with Matt is a little strange. They just dont seem in love at all.

-forgetmenot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by -forgetmenot »

emilystew wrote:Does anyone else think her relationship with Matt is a little strange. They just dont seem in love at all.
True. Its like her life has really begun with youtube and all the stuff she does but she's forgotten about her 'previous life' with Matt.

linzilou
Talker
Talker

Post by linzilou »

-forgetmenot wrote:
emilystew wrote:Does anyone else think her relationship with Matt is a little strange. They just dont seem in love at all.
True. Its like her life has really begun with youtube and all the stuff she does but she's forgotten about her 'previous life' with Matt.
yes something seems up with them.
a few weeks ago i was sure they had secretly broken up and i believed louise was the driving force behind the imaginary split. however watching the xmas day vlog- he didnt buy her anything! no perfume, no clothes, no photoframe, no little bit of something- apparently he is taking her to the theartre but she got him a box full of stuff. i wonder if matt has sort of given up in a way and just isnt making an effort which is why louise is off flirting outragously with jack and co.
matt didnt go with her to her aunties on the anniversary of her mums death ( i think it was that...) but jack did go with her, maybe it wasnt lousie asking jack to come with her, but jack offering as matt wouldnt go.

Return to “Louise Pentland”