Emilynoel83 Part 6!!

gossipsquid

Re: Emilynoel83 Part 6!!

Post by gossipsquid »

mustardmoon1 wrote:I think her makeup looks the same as it always has. I just can't believe she is putting on a full face just to sit around and nurse a baby. This would be a good time to do videos that feature BB creams and multi-tasking products. Just more natural makeup. I realize Tyler likes her with a "smokey eye" or so she says but really, she has an infant to take care of. You would think she could take a month or two off from that super heavy eye makeup

Tyler even said that he doesn't know any makeup terms, so he likes "smokey eyes". I don't know if he actually likes them, or just doesn't know what else to call eye makeup. And I agree- her baby isn't even a month old and she's spending an hour, at least, to put on a full face of makeup! I just want to scream at her and tell her to cherish the time she has with little Belle because she can't get those days back. And, this is a really formative time for her child, yet she is more worried about applying her makeup.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

^^^I think it's actually good that she isn't completely letting herself go. Some women think that having a baby means chopping their hair off, wearing no makeup, and living in yoga pants. I'm sure Tyler still appreciates that she is making an effort- but she is too over the top with it. She could throw on a bb cream, some mascara, and some lipgloss to be "put together". But what she is doing is entirely too much. By now her family has gone home and there is nobody there during the day but her and the baby. All that makeup is completely unnecessary.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

danafruit
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by danafruit »

While I do think some of the baby-talk can be kept to her vlog channel, I can't blame her for heavy make up at all. I like the fact that she takes time out of her day to pamper herself. If wearing make up makes her feel more confident or pretty, then by all means. Emily said multiple times she does make up because it's fun, and taking care of a baby isn't fun all the time, so she's clearly trying to enjoy herself. Plus, didn't she have pretty bad melasma while she was pregnant? I doubt it faded so quickly, and a light coverage bb cream won't take care of that. If she doesn't want to look at it, she certainly doesn't have to.

gossipsquid

Post by gossipsquid »

I think it's actually good that she isn't completely letting herself go. Some women think that having a baby means chopping their hair off, wearing no makeup, and living in yoga pants. I'm sure Tyler still appreciates that she is making an effort- but she is too over the top with it. She could throw on a bb cream, some mascara, and some lipgloss to be "put together". But what she is doing is entirely too much. By now her family has gone home and there is nobody there during the day but her and the baby. All that makeup is completely unnecessary.
I agree, a little makeup is fine but a full contour? Unnecessary.

Oh my god. In her review for the Benefit blush set, she says "Maybe if you have a fair skin tone, Dandelion would work for you." Emily, honey, you have a fair skintone. Stop trying to convince yourself, and us, that you're some amazonian goddess.

gossipsquid

Post by gossipsquid »

mustardmoon1 wrote:^^^I think it's actually good that she isn't completely letting herself go. Some women think that having a baby means chopping their hair off, wearing no makeup, and living in yoga pants. I'm sure Tyler still appreciates that she is making an effort- but she is too over the top with it. She could throw on a bb cream, some mascara, and some lipgloss to be "put together". But what she is doing is entirely too much. By now her family has gone home and there is nobody there during the day but her and the baby. All that makeup is completely unnecessary.

Exactly, it's like "Girl. You're baby doesn't care what you look like!" I don't think she should let herself go completely but, a full contour and smokey eye is a bit much.

sandyfrink
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sandyfrink »

I do have to say I am impressed with her uploading schedule/work ethic. She is staying on top of it. A lot of gurus *cough* Nicole Guerriero and Jaclyn Hill *cough* will catch a cold and won't film for a month.

megster6443
Learner
Learner

Post by megster6443 »

I don't see anything wrong with her putting on makeup just to stay home. It's easy to get lazy.

UniicornSparkles
Informer
Informer

Post by UniicornSparkles »

I've never had a baby, but I would guess that it's exciting and you want to talk about your baby often, but I agree with a lot of you that baby talk should be on a vlog channel. I think it's fine to put on a face of makeup if Belle is asleep or something. If I just had a baby and was the only one home, I'd probably put some makeup on, even experiment with some fun looks :p

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

Other people who just had a baby would probably take a nap, read a magazine, or drink a cup of tea when they can snag some "me" time. Emily puts on makeup during her "me" time! I don't see anything wrong with that and it tells me that the real Emily is still "in there" even if she's in the midst of baby rabies right now, LOL. I imagine the baby sleeps sometimes and Tyler must spend some time with her when he can.

OTOH I do agree she needs to keep the baby talk down on her main channels. Why not do some more Belle-focused videos on her vlog channel? People who are interested in baby talk can join in there if they want. Really a makeup review or haul shouldn't require any mention of the baby. I realize of course she probably wants to talk about Belle nonstop right now since it's only been a couple of weeks and the initial excitement is still at an all-time high...but really I'm there for a makeup review and I'm sure your baby is nice and all and I'm happy for you but I don't know you personally... I don't mind hearing a little bit of what's going on in a guru's life if they want to share but I really don't need this much detail about babies or any other personal life stuff!

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

I have no problem with her wearing make up and I don't think that is the issue at all. It is the amount of make up she wears that is the problem and her terrible techniques. But that has been an issue for years and she probably will never change.

As far as Belle videos, one minion suggested she and Tyler "review" Belle. :roll:
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

I still don't see how she's talking about Belle nonstop o.o I mean yeah that mention of having to film in a hurry before Belle wakes up wasn't necessary after her Sept faves, but that was still after all the "necessary" stuff.

I've said this before, but has anyone noticed that the Estee Lauder max coverage foundation matches her skin better than any of her other foundations? At least, it does on camera with her sub par lighting. It's weird cuz doesn't the shade name have tan in it? I think it could possibly be the undertone that matches better than the other super yellow foundations she uses.

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

Fuchsiarama wrote:
As far as Belle videos, one minion suggested she and Tyler "review" Belle. :roll:
Review your baby? WTH?

BettyCupcake
Informer
Informer

Post by BettyCupcake »

Well. Her express channel TyDay review (which are already lame as hell to begin with and I never watch them) is a damn DIAPER GENIE. She has a review of a freakin diaper genie on her BEAUTY express channel. I feel like I'm pretty much done now.

Poppy1987
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Poppy1987 »

I'm just thinking of that Chelsea lately skit right now... Did she powder her vagina? Lol

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

BettyCupcake wrote:Well. Her express channel TyDay review (which are already lame as hell to begin with and I never watch them) is a damn DIAPER GENIE. She has a review of a freakin diaper genie on her BEAUTY express channel. I feel like I'm pretty much done now.
I agree. When I saw that I knew her channel was going to be all baby all the time. I never picture Emily to be the maternal type, but boy was I wrong. I hope enough people are interested in Belle to keep her channel going. I'm going to be watching less and less of her.

Btw, we've seen plenty of Belle now. Does anyone see a resemblance to Tyler or Emily? She has dark eyes, but besides that I'm not really seeing that she favors either one. It's still very early though. She will change a lot in the next few months.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

At first I thought she looked like Emily. I kept seeing comments though that she looked like Tyler. Now I think she looks like a mix of both. Like you said she will change a lot. I still think she's super cute .

katelynbby
Learner
Learner

Post by katelynbby »

BettyCupcake wrote:Well. Her express channel TyDay review (which are already lame as hell to begin with and I never watch them) is a damn DIAPER GENIE. She has a review of a freakin diaper genie on her BEAUTY express channel. I feel like I'm pretty much done now.

CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED IT

Except I probably shouldn't feel proud for predicting something we all knew, down in the deepest, darkest parts of ourselves, would happen.

I wonder why she doesn't just give Tyler his own channel? It doesn't have to have his name attached, but it can be a channel for general home-supply/grocery/non-beauty reviews that both he and her can participate in. There's already one Tyday video a week, which is pretty much the standard update schedule for most youtubers. With the new baby and the new house, there are probably tons of new things that they have had to purchase that can be reviewed in a new channel.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

anat4ever wrote:I still don't see how she's talking about Belle nonstop o.o I mean yeah that mention of having to film in a hurry before Belle wakes up wasn't necessary after her Sept faves, but that was still after all the "necessary" stuff.

I've said this before, but has anyone noticed that the Estee Lauder max coverage foundation matches her skin better than any of her other foundations? At least, it does on camera with her sub par lighting. It's weird cuz doesn't the shade name have tan in it? I think it could possibly be the undertone that matches better than the other super yellow foundations she uses.
I didn't say she talked about Belle nonstop, I said she probably wants to.

I don't know how it's possible for the EL foundation to match her unless she's doing even more self tanning than I thought. As far as I can tell, the lightest shade available is Creamy Vanilla, which I have and find to be EXTREMELY DARK. Now yes, I am beyond pale, but there is no way in heee-yell that Creamy Vanilla would ever match me. It's MULTIPLE SHADES too dark. And Emily uses a shade that is darker than that - forgot which one - so I have no idea how she gets away with it. I can't wear this foundation AT ALL unless I put on at least two applications of a self tanner. I can only imagine that Emily must be sleeping in a vat of self tanner at night!

I unsubscribed back with the "rubber glove debacle" and have only gone over to her to channels to watch select videos ever since. I think I will just stay unsubscribed if more and more baby is creeping in over there. It's ridiculous to review a diaper pail on her beauty channel. Tyler's other Friday reviews were bad enough and most were not beauty related at all unless you want to count the sunscreen and the beer-scented shampoo. A diaper pail - just no. I think the post pregnancy hormones have gone to her head.

I don't see how anyone can tell WHO the baby looks like. She's going to change a lot in the next few months. I don't really see much of anything although I haven't looked too close TBH!

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

One thing about Tyler's reviews is that random people browsing for reviews on a certain product can find them helpful. As for those who are subscribed, having Tyler and Belle there makes the minions very happy. Short of creating a hoard of mens beauty products, there's no way to keep Tyler on without spreading out. And even if we don't care for his reviews, other people do (same with the neutral smokey eyes that the minions won't stop requesting tutorials for) so it's hard (for me) to say what she "should" do with BBexpress. Actually I do have suggestions, make her own reviews shorter and more to the point. She consistently leaves out information that could be helpful yet still manages to ramble for almost 5 min. I liked her revved up reviews so much better.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

She could put Tyler's reviews on Beauty Vlogcast, since she puts most everything not beauty related there.

Return to “Emilynoel83”